2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Devers is good but he isn't THAT good.

Ohtani's getting half a billion and that's probably an underpayment compared to what's being given out this offseason.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

Ohtani's getting half a billion and that's probably an underpayment compared to what's being given out this offseason.
There is a couple of factors. 1. The pr beating this ownership/have received since trading Betts….then the boagarts deal.

2. There is a new millionaires tax in Massachusetts. They are going to have to over pay people, esp someone who had been pissed off due to how the team was being built (or i guess dismantled)

3. Xander just got 11 and 280 and is 5 years older so :yeshrug:

As a sox fan, im happy about it. Honestly assumed he was gone. But its still fukk Chaim Bloom overrated ass.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps

I mean he’s the only good player on that team and he’s young. Ain’t really have a choice imo

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I know they just signed him to a year deal to avoid arbitration. If a mega deal was gonna be completed this fast, why not just do the mega deal instead of the one year and then mega deal
They needed that deal to avoid arbitration the extension starts after this season i believe.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
There is a couple of factors. 1. The pr beating this ownership/have received since trading Betts….then the boagarts deal.

2. There is a new millionaires tax in Massachusetts. They are going to have to over pay people, esp someone who had been pissed off due to how the team was being built (or i guess dismantled)

3. Xander just got 11 and 280 and is 5 years older so :yeshrug:

As a sox fan, im happy about it. Honestly assumed he was gone. But its still fukk Chaim Bloom overrated ass.

I mean he’s the only good player on that team and he’s young. Ain’t really have a choice imo
Team is gonna be ass regardless. Might as well have traded him and started from scratch.

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Team is gonna be ass regardless. Might as well have traded him and started from scratch.
We can build around s 26 year old third baseman . They have a few decent prospects, and clearly this year is going to be a hard watch.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
We can build around s 26 year old third baseman . They have a few decent prospects, and clearly this year is going to be a hard watch.
They basically have a one man lineup; not much different than the Tigers without Devers. The pitching staff is atrocious besides Wacha, whose season was an outlier in his career. They need so many pieces before they're competitive again.

It's tough to imagine a way forward in the next 3-5 years in the toughest division in baseball after all the talent they've let go.

It is eerily similar to what the Tigers did after their recent run and they still haven't recovered.