2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
:stopitslime: The magas got fukking destroyed....what kinda dumbass rhetoric is this?
I just dont get this take. How did they get destroyed if they might net win in Congress and take either house still? Yeah there’s a precedent and bad predictions, but I cant get excited with a McCarthy-led House shutting down Jan 6th investigations and subpoenaing Hillary Clinton for 2 years.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
Trumpism has been politically dead since Biden came through and crushed the buildings. This midterm was the burial and 2024 will be the headstone.

The Republican party has to go young and populist to regain a cohesive national platform again. There's a roadmap to success for them, but they don't have the balls to follow through with it.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I hate this fukk. nah stand on that shyt.

All these MAGA politicians are going to treat people like they're stupid and rebrand themselves as not being Trump apostles
Agreed. Fair Fight PAC does some amazing things that I would’ve love to have been apart of if I still lived in GA. They should take what they do nationally but if they’re going to have their sites set on the state, start prepping and assisting local candidates as well.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Ok... and gerrymandering will make it even harder next go around. I still don't see a reason to celebrate especially with how early it is.

fetchimage
When you're expecting to lose 30+ seats, losing 10 is a win.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I hate this fukk. nah stand on that shyt.

All these MAGA politicians are going to treat people like they're stupid and rebrand themselves as not being Trump apostles
Exactly. He might as well stick by Trump. He's only losing the Trump supporters that backed him up. People aren't going to forget these MAGAts making fools of themselves for the past six years and will never take them seriously.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I just dont get this take. How did they get destroyed if they might net win in Congress and take either house still? Yeah there’s a precedent and bad predictions, but I cant get excited with a McCarthy-led House shutting down Jan 6th investigations and subpoenaing Hillary Clinton for 2 years.
Look at all of the Trump backed candidates and them losing...this is an unprecedented lack of losing seats in a mid term...

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

1) A GOP takeover was pretty much a given based off of their gerrymandering alone but they were banking on flipping 30+ seats which would give them lot more room for their dogshyt agenda than having a 5-10 seat majority where now they have to thread the needle between moderate districts while at the same time appeasing the lunatic wing of the party.

2) I don't think McCarthy survives as GOP House leader.