2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
If the Dems hold Nevada and Arizona, Georgia won't decide control of the senate and I imagine that republican turnout won't be high in the runoff, given how bad a candidate Walker is.

But if the seat determines control of the senate, Republican will be VERY energized and won't think twice of voting for a retard.

I have a feeling it won't just be voters leaving Walker out to dry. I can imagine party leaders doing so as a message to Trump.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Most Latinos vote Democrat. :comeon:

A full 10-20 points more blue than White folk in every age bracket:

FhGXDWtXgAANV1_

I don't know why brehs on here want latinos to be Republican so bad. It's like they're trying to will them to support White conservatives. Why not, you know, actually work with the main other groups out there that have a chance of countering white supremacy?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I mean if you want the moral victory cool but regardless, they still are projected to control the house and will probably be onto more gerrymandering. For me it's too early to be calling this a win

And something I pointed out a few weeks ago, this was one of the best chances to flip Senate seats. Opportunities in Wisconsin, Ohio, and North Carolina were all lost. Democrats had a chance to move to 53 or even 54, now they're going to be playing defense in the next two cycles just to hang on to 50-51.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
If the Dems hold Nevada and Arizona, Georgia won't decide control of the senate and I imagine that republican turnout won't be high in the runoff, given how bad a candidate Walker is.

But if the seat determines control of the senate, Republican will be VERY energized and won't think twice of voting for a retard.
That and he’ll be a man without a country cause the other R’s won their elections. No need to throw their support behind someone who couldn’t ride their coattails to victory :manny:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

:beli:

What a travesty there is even a runoff. How can anyone vote for Walker?!!

TLR Logic: "He keeps it real and he is a REAL black man with masculinity like me! He PAWGs, he plays football, he gangsta, he a real black man!!! Rev. Warnock is soft and never out there in the streets like that!!!"

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They are simply voting against the democrats

AKA TLR posters that on that Tariq Nasheed BS about "Im an independent (Conservative) Thinker that is off the Democratic Plantation"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So another interesting consideration, Elon Muck (nope, not a misspell) bought Twitter and actively tried to influence the midterms, and it backfired.

Is the Robert Mercer / Cambridge Analytica era or social engineering by social media over?

No, it just means Musk is an idiot and had no clue how to do it effectively.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it isnt.. what kind of moral victory is that. They still lost

The only time in modern history that the party that controlled the presidency also won the midterms was in 2002, when post-9/11 "patriotism" carried the Republicans.

2006: Democrats take control of the Senate and House, winning in all kinds of improbable places.

2010: Republicans take control of the House with massive gains. Many Democratic incumbents who had held seats for decades lost. They didn't take control of the senate, but they picked up many Senate seats in traditionally blue states (Illinois, Pennsylvania, etc.)

2014: Republicans take control of the Senate (in addition retaining control of the house).

2018: Democrats take control of the House.

Dems avoiding getting wiped out like in 2010 is a good showing. I was worried Republicans would control the house by a huge margin and also control the Senate (while winning seats in states like Pennslyvania, New Hampshire, etc.)

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
In every age bracket too:

FhGXDWtXgAANV1_

I don't know why brehs on here want latinos to be Republican so bad. It's like they're trying to will them to support White conservatives. Why not, you know, actually work with the main other groups out there that have a chance of countering white supremacy?

Not sure either along with the media. The bigger story is how the GOP lost Harris county to gain Dade county (which is smaller and less populated). Harris county was red on a county and city level until around 10-12 years ago. The wave of Latinos and other immigrants flipped the county Soley to Democrats even though the media and GOP blamed democratic judges for the high crime after Covid19. The media in Texas tried so hard to displace democrats in all levels but failed horribly.