2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Ok... and gerrymandering will make it even harder next go around. I still don't see a reason to celebrate especially with how early it is.
vast majority of the districts will be the same in 2024 and there should be even higher turnout for a presidential election

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The Dems are so pathetic that not being steamrolled is considered a win. :unimpressed: watch them fukk this up when Trump goes ultra magat 2 in 2024.
I wouldn't go this far but Republicans attempted a coup and still defend it. I’m not taking any moral victories if the Senate and House are lost by a smaller margin.

If they get into power with a bunch of MAGA congressmen its the same outcome.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I just think it's a very downer take. All we can do is vote, every time, and move the ball. Conservatives have always done that. It seems like the left is starting to understand that too. Young voters voted yesterday in record numbers. Conservatives lost in key states where they were expected to win. It's a long game. We gotta move the ball down the field, and this is how we do it. I at least have some hope the democracy can prevail over facism now. Even more people are gonna turn out in 2024, and conservatives are absolutely pissed off today. Anytime I see these thugs and authoritarians in tears is a good day to me.

Thanks to the internet, people are smarter and now understand all 3 branches of the government, and how Midterm elections are just as important as the main 4 year elections.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
A few ny dems lost seats they should have won, which will probably be the reason the gop hold the house.
Dems can flip seats in Cali to offset the NY Dem lose… Thanks to fukkin coumo for electing gop judges which allowed the gerrymandering of those seats

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2022-midterm-election/349627/

Despite the House likely switching to Republican control, Democrats are still on track to have a great midterm outcome. The president’s party typically loses seats during midterm elections, but this year is shaping up to be the best outcome for the president’s party since 1950 (unless Dems lose nearly every uncalled race).

Wild.