2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dude can't even talk and beat the hell out of Oz :wow:

I've been saying for the longest that he's the sort of candidate Dems need. Passionate, walked the walk, hits the economic issues hard, big tent, knows how to keep the conversation away from divisive issues with no benefit, and doesn't put up with no bullshyt.

I mean he jumped in to a Republican-held seat, during a terrible year for dems, he's ugly as fukk, facing a rich celebrity candidate who could outspend him, had a major personal controversy dominate the primary, huge health issue, couldn't talk, couldn't campaign, and he still wiped Oz off the fukking floor.

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
When you turn on Fox News or The Daily Wire and see them all coping and the mood crashing through the floor, you know they understand what's happening as well. Major victories today, and voters are making it clear that they're rejecting the MAGA cult bullshyt.

I mean if you want the moral victory cool but regardless, they still are projected to control the house and will probably be onto more gerrymandering. For me it's too early to be calling this a win

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This doofus is a skitz. I offered a ban bet becuase he’s been saying the Dems are going to keep their current position in the house. When the time came, he got shook. Then it was found out he don’t even follow his own bets.
This nikka aggie :umad: fukkin bozo be lucky I spared you from getting banned :mjlol:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So another interesting consideration, Elon Muck (nope, not a misspell) bought Twitter and actively tried to influence the midterms, and it backfired.

Is the Robert Mercer / Cambridge Analytica era or social engineering by social media over?

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Betting markets have Dems holding NV but 77% in and Cortez is still trailing. We have to hold this so that Georgia becomes a bonus...do the betting people know something we don't?

c2daj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Providence, RI
Yeah, maybe.

I think an interesting possibility is DeSantis running, but avoiding criticizing Trump (so as to not alienate his supporters), while someone who doesn't have anything to lose, like Chris Christie, attacking Trump and blaming him for the midterm results (and possibly damaging Trump enough to prevent him from getting the nomination).
That won't work for him lol. His whole style comes from Trump. Its about right wing populism and being as disrespectful as possible to your opponent. He cant play nice with Trump if he wants to win.

Trump already seems likes he's ready to throw down now and get DeSantis out the paint with all the momentum he's about to have after winning reelection by 20 points. If DeSantis decides to run in '24, Trump will absolutely go scorched earth on him. He'll look weak as hell to the base if he plays nice while Trump sons him :mjlol:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
One day people going to realize Joe is a damn good politician. :wow:
He’s good not great. Being a white man and abortion saved his ass
  • Mangled Afghanistan withdrawal messaging. Should have immediately put that shyt on Trump
  • Treated Sinema and Manchin with kid gloves while they fukked his agenda
  • Is old as shyt can’t put in extra work like Obama. He has to rest a lot back home
  • Obama serving up diss tracks in the last week saved his ass too
He’s almost certainly going to announce he’s not running in 2024

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I mean if you want the moral victory cool but regardless, they still are projected to control the house and will probably be onto more gerrymandering. For me it's too early to be calling this a win
I just think it's a very downer take. All we can do is vote, every time, and move the ball. Conservatives have always done that. It seems like the left is starting to understand that too. Young voters voted yesterday in record numbers. Conservatives lost in key states where they were expected to win. It's a long game. We gotta move the ball down the field, and this is how we do it. I at least have some hope the democracy can prevail over facism now. Even more people are gonna turn out in 2024, and conservatives are absolutely pissed off today. Anytime I see these thugs and authoritarians in tears is a good day to me.