2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like a fantasy of sick individuals that make up the Republican Party

Why do you even post here?
because i just voted straight democrat

why do you post here with two screennames? isn't one enough? your kosher one-liners aren't that compelling :mjlol:

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Things may have changed, but for a while I feel pretty confident that conservatives had a reputation for being fiercely politically active, and for voting more. Ornery b*stards believe really strongly in their bullshyt, and a lot are older, wealthier, and have more spare time to vote, and a lot of vested interest in voting to stay in power and suppress others.

A lot of people that would vote that are unable to get off work to do it, or struggle with transportation, etc, are more likely to vote left. Also a lot of younger people that are more likely to vote left don't always turn out to vote.

These trends may have changed in recent years, but I seem to remember them being staples of the 2000's and 2010's. Older, white, well to do conservatives have the time and the interest to make sure they go vote. I feel like if every person in this country actually voted that conservatives would get fukking destroyed every time.

But I'm kind if talking out my ass here, because I haven't looked on research on this since at least 2016 or so.
That's exactly my point. There is a lot of "the youth don't vote" and "people on the left do not vote" talk but the missing component is voting is really about having the timing and security to vote.

If we made voting a national holiday or had it on Sunday like countries interested in their citizen's ability to vote, those stupid narratives would probably go away. There is a reason why 2020 had the most votes ever, states made voting a lot easier.

Here is a report from the Poor Peoples Campaign about 2020 voting:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's exactly my point. There is a lot of "the youth don't vote" and "people on the left do not vote" talk but the missing component is voting is really about having the timing and security to vote.

If we made voting a national holiday or had it on Sunday like countries interested in their citizen's ability to vote, those stupid narratives would probably go away. There is a reason why 2020 had the most votes ever, states made voting a lot easier.

That's what they tell us and there's data to support that I suppose

I agree with your second sentence

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Data suggest otherwise. 94% of registered voters vote.

With that data point in mind it seems a better course should be understanding why only 64% of voter eligible Americans register.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

im watching this dude for 2028/32

if he has a good couple terms, and becomes the popular governor/senator of a massive swing state, hes gonna be an asset

Mans channeling Obama… he’s going places.. he’s gonna carry Fetterman over the line too

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:mjlol: Ron DeSantis is their stool? Why can't they just say, "Ron DeSantis is their Man?" or would that sound too gay? Because another meaning for Stool is shyt, so it makes it sound like Ron DeSantis is their turd.
Richard Baris is a funny guy. His polls (Big Data Poll) are banned from 538 due to false methodologies (data manipulation or just making up #s).