2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I was just having this conversation with someone recently about the diminishing returns of the "stolen election" narrative and how we could tell, whether it'd show up as more GOP early votes or lower turnout on election day.

I take a look at the 3 Voting Turnouts:
  • Absentee
  • Early Voting
  • Election Day
Now Absentee and Early Voting is the same thing, but with Absentee, those votes aren't counted yet until Election Night.

So when you look at the trends of who votes where...

DemocratsRepublicans
AbsenteeDemocrats do it more than RepublicansRepublicans do it as well, but not as much and I would say it's more along the line of Seniors wanting to vote.
Early VotingDemocrats love this option, as you get to avoid all the lines on Election Day, and avoid fukkery.Republicans do this as well, but still not as much as Democrats... though I could be mistaken, but not as much as Absentee voting.
Election DayDemocrats do this, but not as much as Republicans as they have already voted for the most part.Republicans heavily do this option.

So I question this, if Democrats are already voting, with the Republicans Numbers in Early voting... then you have Absentees and Election Day to fill that gap. Even then though, Republicans don't do as much Absentee as Democrats. So it will all be about Election Day for the Republicans.

I get they are energized, but why wait until Election Night? What happens if the number for the Republicans is maybe 1-2% higher for Election Night, but then it turns out it's negated by Early Voting options being less?

Republicans can still win this, it's just, I think Republicans being under-pace for Early Voting... especially during a Midterm against a Rival President, that should be somewhat of a red flag.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
71 percent of republicans think the reliable and can fix inflation :why: so many stupid people

It’s a global inflation wtf do they think the republicans do?
I don't think many of them know its global inflation. They see it in the US and the party in power gets blamed for it. Thats how it always works.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something that folks aren't mentioning...

The fact that Democrats are neck and neck with Republicans in many of these races is a phenomenon in itself, as the current President's party ALWAYS loses in the midterms badly.

The fact that Dems are making these races competitive shows that something is up and something is changing. They could lose every single race and I would still count it as a success due to the fact that they have been out here hustling and making Republicans work for it.

As it stands, they won't lose every single race though. :mjgrin:

Yep but the narrative will be the Dems are inept and think pieces on wheter Dems will ever win an election again lol

When Trump was running the first time and they didn’t think he’d win they had articles about wheter the republicans would ever win again then after Trump won the same articles came out about democrats lol

It’s so reactionary

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we might be in for an insane amount of fukkery in january

wait until the walker/warnoff runoff is what determines control of the senate :huhldup:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
i think you're right about the Dobbs effect... but in 2024 :hubie: not 2022. its just not enough, in an off midterm year with high gas and high inflation dominating the narrative

and a lot of states havent actually restricted abortion yet, so its not really real yet. but wait til the republican wins in these midterms = a bunch of disgusting new laws in these states. and dems can gin up anger about it in a presidential year
Ruling party is not suppose to be this competitive in an off year man… Gop supposed to be running away with taking back the house and senate yet they are in a complete dog fight with the ruling party in an off year… That ain’t good for the repugs despite the narrative and these janky polls