2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep trying to tell em lmaoo
i think you're right about the Dobbs effect... but in 2024 :hubie: not 2022. its just not enough, in an off midterm year with high gas and high inflation dominating the narrative

and a lot of states havent actually restricted abortion yet, so its not really real yet. but wait til the republican wins in these midterms = a bunch of disgusting new laws in these states. and dems can gin up anger about it in a presidential year

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Something that folks aren't mentioning...

The fact that Democrats are neck and neck with Republicans in many of these races is a phenomenon in itself, as the current President's party ALWAYS loses in the midterms badly.

The fact that Dems are making these races competitive shows that something is up and something is changing. They could lose every single race and I would still count it as a success due to the fact that they have been out here hustling and making Republicans work for it.

As it stands, they won't lose every single race though. :mjgrin:
actually @BigMoneyGrip mentions this every day :mjgrin:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that Dems are making these races competitive shows that something is up and something is changing. They could lose every single race and I would still count it as a success due to the fact that they have been out here hustling and making Republicans work for it.
plus it just sets up the house to be taken back easily in '24

obama lost like 60 fukkin seats in 2010. so dems losing like 10 seats in 2022, going into the first post-Roe, last chance to stop Trump, massive turnout election in 24... its not the end of the world

expecting dems to keep the house with these fukkin gas prices is damn near greedy :dead:

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
i think you're right about the Dobbs effect... but in 2024 :hubie: not 2022. its just not enough, in an off midterm year with high gas and high inflation dominating the narrative

and a lot of states havent actually restricted abortion yet, so its not really real yet. but wait til the republican wins in these midterms = a bunch of disgusting new laws in these states. and dems can gin up anger about it in a presidential year

Very true. The current Republican Party is too trollish and stupid not to fukk up their own narrative. The only problem is that people give too much power to the presidency so they’ll keep blaming Biden, but Dem voters also care more about the presidency, so there’s that.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Early vote is encouraging

But I’m very concerned about Election Day, I hope the Pew survey showing more Dem leaning voters will vote then is true (34%).

GOP is fired up.

But here is the thing... in the 2020 Elections, Republicans were ALL ABOUT the election being stolen.

Is the GOP fired up to vote though? Or has the GOP condensed itself into a smaller ball of like-minded citizens, with some of them believing no matter what they do the election will be 'stolen'? We will find out next week for sure.

I think it's a bit worrisome for Republicans, that for a fired up GOP to wait until Election Day to vote.

Plus the loss of their constituents from COVID-19 is going to be interesting, this cycle and the next GE cycle.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
But here is the thing... in the 2020 Elections, Republicans were ALL ABOUT the election being stolen.

Is the GOP fired up to vote though? Or has the GOP condensed itself into a smaller ball of like-minded citizens, with some of them believing no matter what they do the election will be 'stolen'? We will find out next week for sure.

I think it's a bit worrisome for Republicans, that for a fired up GOP to wait until Election Day to vote.

I was just having this conversation with someone recently about the diminishing returns of the "stolen election" narrative and how we could tell, whether it'd show up as more GOP early votes or lower turnout on election day.