2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Daps
Nate Cohn is saying the polls could be off again.

This is a fair point. We saw this in 2016, 2018, and 2020. Trumpers don't answer polls.

To play devil's advocate, 2022 has a couple of key differences. First, RvW overturn that has led to spiked voter registration numbers that likely favor Dems. Second, Dems have won races they would have normally lost in the run-up (AK House being the most prominent).

We could get almost any result, and I wouldn't be too surprised. I think complete fukkery is on tap this November, whatever happens.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
To play devil's advocate, 2022 has a couple of key differences. First, RvW overturn that has led to spiked voter registration numbers that likely favor Dems. Second, Dems have won races they would have normally lost in the run-up (AK House being the most prominent).

We could get almost any result, and I wouldn't be too surprised. I think complete fukkery is on tap this November, whatever happens.
If the dems manage to win the senate and hold the house the deniers will be going full tilt :wow:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

If course they polls are off it’s because they are not accounting for the new voter registrations that spiked literally in June after the overturning of Roe.. Those new registrations are the UNLIKELY voters that will be voting… Like I been saying Dems holding the house by 5-8 seats and gaining 2 seats in the senate

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i am getting spammed with messages WTF, just started on thursday, 3-5 messages/day for candidates all over the country including hella GOP candidates wtf. this is annoying

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I was listening to NPR last night and everyone they spoke to thought the Democrats were going to lose the House. They were projecting the Dems losing 20 seats. I wonder if all the gloating here about democrats winning in November is due to different sources of information, different ways of thinking about the race, or just straight partisan hackery.

Agreed.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I was listening to NPR last night and everyone they spoke to thought the Democrats were going to lose the House. They were projecting the Dems losing 20 seats. I wonder if all the gloating here about democrats winning in November is due to different sources of information, different ways of thinking about the race, or just straight partisan hackery.

Agreed.

Soooo Dems losing 20 seats despite the Scotus taking away womens right to choose? So everyone ignoring the obvious of a red state like Kansas voting to block abortion being illegal? Michigan having abortion rights on the ballot in November? (Which is bad for the gop), Dems flipping a house seat in Alaska? NY-19 getting flipped to Dem? Texas with 300k new voter registrations? The gop incumbents literally scrubbing their websites of their position on abortion rights and voting for it to be illegal? We ignoring that? Or them NPR cacs ignoring the obvious as well?