2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
their casual audience is too strong.

then you have people who stan and watch for certain wrestlers they've followed for many years

and then there are people who just support wrestling as a whole and show buy as much of everything as they can WWE included.

I don't know if there's any star really driving the company like that on a Cena/any of the legends type of level anymore.

Naaa…. They been around for 100 years.

They hardcore diehard audiences is too strong.

I know some casuals that know who Cena is but don’t know who say Shinsuke, Apollo, or Damien Priest are

I remember a while back I was at some relatives house and Raw happened to be on so I turned to it (again this was a while like I wanna say when Brady was fueding with Orton) and one of the kids there who was just walking through the Livingroom was like “Oh that’s Randy Orton, he still wresting”

Then say Bray and was like “who is this guy”

After he watched for like 2 mins he just walked away and went back to whatever he was planning on doing

their hardcore audience is massive man….. but it’s from decades of existence

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
All these new business deals that they keep getting says otherwise :yeshrug:

Not really.. there's no indication that the new TV deals will see an increase. They only got the numbers they did because they produce live TV and TV/Cable is being run over by streaming. They have to cut the roster down just to set "record profits" to please the shareholders..

Attendance is way down as well. Don't be fooled by the lipstick on the pig. They have to do better and soon.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
The EC3 vs Spud feud was surprisingly good.

These guys throw the word star all willy nilly. But ec3 the only guy in ten years that I think could be an actual star and break through the mainstream. Shame he never gets exposure.

They actually lose money touring.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Not really.. there's no indication that the new TV deals will see an increase. They only got the numbers they did because they produce live TV and TV/Cable is being run over by streaming. They have to cut the roster down just to set "record profits" to please the shareholders..

Attendance is way down as well. Don't be fooled by the lipstick on the pig. They have to do better and soon.

I wasn’t referring specifically to TV deals though and you can make the argument that even with declining ratings they will still break the bank the next go around. It’s other business deals that they’ve been getting recently that will help bring in revenue.

NBA ratings are down yet they’ll still get a major increase in their next deal. Sports and sports entertainment will benefit from streaming more than any other aspect as they will have multiple suitors in need of their content. WWE is included in that as well.

The entire stock market is overpriced right now and due for a correction at some point.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think Bruce Prichard podcast teased that he might be quitting the company, or getting let go

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

TV money and viewership has never positively correlated. They didn’t make shyt from TV when they had 6-7 million viewers. They’ve been on a consistent decline since Cena stopped being full time

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
could say the same exact thing about the NFL, I don’t see the crocodile tears when Todd Gurley gets cut like 18 months after an MVP level season

Joey Janela contract is done in May, and he knows he can either get better or he’s gonna be gone. You can’t get more fair than that. I bet if Cole signed that WWE contract in August they’d regret it already

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Joey Janela contract is done in May, and he knows he can either get better or he’s gonna be gone. You can’t get more fair than that. I bet if Cole signed that WWE contract in August they’d regret it already

I was referring to TK’s comment about it not being a real contract, it’s the same thing as the NFL, you can sign a 5 year extension and get cut after a season if need be. If it’s not a fully guaranteed contract there’s no reason. I wouldn’t fault TK for firing anybody at any time if they weren’t performing to the level of their deal.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I was referring to TK’s comment about it not being a real contract, it’s the same thing as the NFL, you can sign a 5 year extension and get cut after a season if need be. If it’s not a fully guaranteed contract there’s no reason. I wouldn’t fault TK for firing anybody at any time if they weren’t performing to the level of their deal.

AEW doesn’t have roster limits or salary caps so NFL examples doesn’t apply. They have a 3 year track record now and they’ve only cut those that want a release or Jimmy Havoc. No one would blame them for making cuts after hanging onto everyone during the pandemic but it’s a choice to be fair to the talent.