2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp

Sonny kiss hasnt been on tv in a year
Joey janela its been like 200 days

#freethem

To be fair hes right, even if AEW signs people and the roster gets bloated to where people are lingering and not getting tv time, they're still in their contracts till it ends and they still have the freedom to make extra money from independent bookings.

I don't think AEW will ever do mass releases like WWE because Tony Khan cares about his reputation on the internet. I more so see him letting people's contract play out and not renewing, which technically is fair since the agreement was fulfilled :mjgrin:.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
To be fair hes right, even if AEW signs people and the roster gets bloated to where people are lingering and not getting tv time, they're still in their contracts till it ends and they still have the freedom to make extra money from independent bookings.

I don't think AEW will ever do mass releases like WWE because Tony Khan cares about his reputation on the internet. I more so see him letting people's contract play out and not renewing, which technically is fair since the agreement was fulfilled :mjgrin:.

unless ur a top star…i think most of these workers are getn a small base salary(with options they can make indy $ on the side) bcuz TK would be a idiot to be paying crazy $$$ for janela,bucks stooges etc

ex: janela gets 52k a year with 1/3 merch sales and he keeps his weekend indy $

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
TV money and viewership has never positively correlated. They didn’t make shyt from TV when they had 6-7 million viewers. They’ve been on a consistent decline since Cena stopped being full time

That was before Khan was in charge and he's obviously trying to leverage the WWE name for more financial leverage for the company. It's been obvious for months now and even been reported elsewhere.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Remember when WWE was hoarding talent and everyone was like WWE needs to trim the fat? Remember when people lamented the lack of 'deavors? At least now these people have some viable options.

People just want something to complain about IMO.
People tend to overlook the fact that they don't make any money from the PC and not that much from NXT, yet they still hoarded talent for years.

Nick Khan was brought to correct problems that Vince allowed for years to happen in being wreckless with their spending.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
TV money and viewership has never positively correlated. They didn’t make shyt from TV when they had 6-7 million viewers. They’ve been on a consistent decline since Cena stopped being full time

There's other sources of revenue besides TV and Saudi Arabia money :mjlol:

Look at the business moves they've been making lately with Mattel and MLB and you'll see that for yourself. Bring in other sources of revenue so you aren't sorely dependent on one. People really gotta start looking at the bigger picture instead of sorely focusing on ratings and the money that it does or doesn't bring in.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You don't have Punk on your list and he's the highest paid in the company. Danielson can love to wrestle all he wants, he's not working for what would amount to an MLW contract and I'm sure Cole isn't working at the same rate as Dante Martin or Jungle Boy.

IDK or really care what Vince's plan is, just pointing out his top earners are all folks whose last stint was in WWE. Tony has the bank roll to hire the top talent off each wave of releases, digging in the crates at that point doesn't make too much sense. If ballooning the balance sheet is considered a "strategy" then I guess it has to be working at least short term bc AEW's has risen drastically and they haven't had much to show for it in terms of stable numbers so far.

I don't think Vince thinks about AEW to have a strategy. USA & Fox can't put a show in those slots that'll draw a higher number and he doesn't care if you watch Survivor Series or any other PPV since he's already been paid upfront by Peacock, if he needs to make his earnings report look pretty he'll just release people and change the catering. Until the day comes that AEW can affect anything I just mentioned, Vince isn't concerned about them or anybody else.
I specifically mentioned the people who AEW signed that were released from the company over the past two years. That criteria doesn't include Punk.
And WWE released close to 150 wrestlers this year and last year combined yet AEW has signed less than 20 of them. So the strategy really isn't working.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps

That will be his downfall

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There's other sources of revenue besides TV and Saudi Arabia money :mjlol:

Look at the business moves they've been making lately with Mattel and MLB and you'll see that for yourself. Bring in other sources of revenue so you aren't sorely dependent on one. People really gotta start looking at the bigger picture instead of sorely focusing on ratings and the money that it does or doesn't bring in.

Companies like WWE and Disney has done a great job of extracting money from nerd culture. That has nothing to do with the fact that millions have quit watching. Raw thread used to be 1200-1500 on here, now it struggles to get 300 replies. They’ll have to deal with their aging fanbase one day, but that day isn’t today.