2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
her husband was likely making low to mid 6 figures a year, way more than most of the people who follow her on Twitter. He’s gonna get paid through his 90 day non compete and then will probably sign with another company for low 6 figures again. Not to mention indie bookings, autograph signings, and she could set up an OnlyFans and make money right away. Spare me the talk like he just got laid off from the auto factory.

JR said it best on his podcast last week, if getting released from the WWE immediately leads you to financial ruin then you were living beyond means. A guy like Morrison was making a good living, he should be able to land on his feet. It’s not like he just lost his government job making 40k a year.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Has to be flooding the market at this point because this shyt is ridiculous.
I don’t see how this would be an effective strategy. Giving away a bunch of top potential talents only helps other companies.

If we going by tv ratings then that’s an antiquated way to look at things. Wwe only wins the ratings war because they have an older fan base that still buys cable and watches tv like an appointment. AEW’s fan base is the cord cutter generation, their shows are sold out and they are relevant online. They are getting the same level of star power like a Snoop or a Shaq that Vince has access to
These releases honestly wouldn't look nearly as shytty if the product was actually popping and it felt like new stars were being built up. I bet we'd see a lot more "Unfortunate, but there's only so many spots and WWE has a lot of talents who are up next that these wrestlers will be waiting behind." But when you see how dry and lifeless the product is along with the shallow depth of the women, tag and men's division its like :wtf: We really just gonna use the same 10 interchangeable muthafukas on each show, huh??? You ask anyone who the hell is beating Reigns and its "uhh, i guess Rock?". Hell, not one challenger to any of these champions, man or woman, feel like a big deal you want to see win. shyt trash.

That’s my point, if WWE was putting on a majority good to great show then having a cut throat approach is understandable but they putting out trash and relying on Goldberg, Edge and a super successful movie star who doesn’t need this shyt to come in for mania. You wouldn’t need them if you could produce new star

Rayzah

Daps
It really took the release of rookie wrasslers to push people away instead of a shytty, mediocre product that’s been going on consistently for a decade. :picard:

No the problem is you can’t make new stars if you give up on them one months after being a high “draft pick”. WWE NEEDS new stars and every time we try to get behind or invested in someone they fire them or change their gimmick then fire them because their shytty idea didn’t work.

We don’t know how good hit row could have been, remember new day sucked for a few months before they figured it out. To me they are doing bad business by turning off the core fan base and I can’t believe any young talent in the indies would be targeting WWE after seeing how they treat talent

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
No the problem is you can’t make new stars if you give up on them one months after being a high “draft pick”. WWE NEEDS new stars and every time we try to get behind or invested in someone they fire them or change their gimmick then fire them because their shytty idea didn’t work.

We don’t know how good hit row could have been, remember new day sucked for a few months before they figured it out. To me they are doing bad business by turning off the core fan base and I can’t believe any young talent in the indies would be targeting WWE after seeing how they treat talent
They’ve had issues building stars for a long Fuxkin time. This ain’t new. :gucci:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I don’t see how this would be an effective strategy. Giving away a bunch of top potential talents only helps other companies.
If they can balance their budgets, then it does. But flooding the market with valuable talent could also lead to a company going signing crazy and they can’t afford all these new contracts that just got signed later on. With Cokeboy saying something to the effect of “perhaps we can give them more talent” in reference to AEW on a conference call, then it’s not far fetched to think that could be a strategy. Maybe he took Khan for a money mark who would sign just about anybody fresh out of WWE, ala TNA, and it would hit his checkbook overtime

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If they can balance their budgets, then it does. But flooding the market with valuable talent could also lead to a company going signing crazy and they can’t afford all these new contracts that just got signed later on. With Cokeboy saying something to the effect of “perhaps we can give them more talent” in reference to AEW on a conference call, then it’s not far fetched to think that could be a strategy. Maybe he took Khan for a money mark who would sign just about anybody fresh out of WWE, ala TNA, and it would hit his checkbook overtime
If that is Vince's master plan then it isn't working out that well because AEW doesn't seem to be cooperating as I posted earlier in the thread:

With all the talk of AEW should pick up this guy or that guy from the released list, it got me to thinking about just how many wrestlers AEW has put on contract after their release from WWE and it is a shockingly low amount considering the large number of talent that Vince has fired since 2019.

Just from memory these are the WWE to AEW signings:

Adam Cole
Andrade El Idolo
Bobby Fish
Bryan Danielson
Christian Cage
FTR
Lio Rush
Matt Hardy
2Point0
Miro
Brodie Lee (RIP)
Malakai Black
Ruby Soho
Tay Conti
Aaron Solow
Nick Comoroto

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
If that is Vince's master plan then it isn't working out that well because AEW doesn't seem to be cooperating as I posted earlier in the thread:
That’s why when I said he took Khan as a money mark, I should’ve said he mistook him as onr but it’s just a theory

Rayzah

Daps
Yea that’s an unnecessary risk if that was the plan. It just seems like they think they will get their numbers off the wwe name. They are starting to feel like stars aren’t important and all talent except Roman and charellot are expendable.