2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
After Zelina put on that facade then came back crawling less than a year later, I ignore all the angry tweets. And WWE knows this.

If they ever need any talent back, they know the talent will come back.
I know more than half of these nikkas would come back if the price was right which is the harsh reality of this situation. This is not a dig on them but society as a whole :francis:

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can get and respect being outspoken but I don’t think he understood how his actions affected Swerve and Adonis. Nor did he care

And this is where I struggle. Proud that he stepped on behalf of the squad and advocated for their place. However, the WWE isn't some millennial lead corporation with bean bag chairs, beer fountains, and equity initiatives. It's the epitome of an East Coast good ol' boy network. Him being a part of a stable meant that he was standing way more than ten-toes-down; he had two other peers to worry about and, IF TRUE, he might have done more harm than good...or not?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
She fit the pattern:

She spent a decent amount of time in NXT
Just started having stuff written for her this past year or so
Gets an abrupt call up to the main roster while in a storyline in NXT
Hasn't really been used since being drafted to Smackdown in October.

That spells getting released to me.:manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
All I'm saying it's going to happen eventually. The law of averages dictate it so.
People will definitely be released from AEW but I doubt it will be spur of the moment culling like WWE has a reputation for doing.
With the people that have been let go from AEW it has mostly been Khan allowing contracts to run out and not re-upping them.
So that is probably how future AEW releases will go too...your contract ends and you are wished the best blah, blah blah.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
And this is where I struggle. Proud that he stepped on behalf of the squad and advocated for their place. However, the WWE isn't some millennial lead corporation with bean bag chairs, beer fountains, and equity initiatives. It's the epitome of an East Coast good ol' boy network. Him being a part of a stable meant that he was standing way more than ten-toes-down; he had two other peers to worry about and, IF TRUE, he might have done more harm than good...or not?
I’d be Leary of believing any of these stories about attitude problems or whatever. It’s already been attributed to other recently released talent and it generally in the past has never led to them to just releasing anybody outright. They would just bury you and job you out. I don’t believe that any of these guys have issues, much less ones warranting a flat out release

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
People will definitely be released from AEW but I doubt it will be spur of the moment culling like WWE has a reputation for doing.
With the people that have been let go from AEW it has mostly been Khan allowing contracts to run out and not re-upping them.
So that is probably how future AEW releases will go too...your contract ends and you are wished the best blah, blah blah.
People think they know how things work in these companies when the truth is none of us know anything.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’d be Leary of believing any of these stories about attitude problems or whatever. It’s already been attributed to other recently released talent and it generally in the past has never led to them to just releasing anybody outright. They would just bury you and job you out. I don’t believe that any of these guys have issues, much less ones warranting a flat out release

He admitted himself that he called them personally saying that they made a mistake, so it wouldn't farfetched to believe that the rumors are true since he seems to be the outspoken type.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Even if the reports are true that Top Dolla pissed a lot of people off and let sudden success get to his head, I still don't give a fukk. Charlotte is clearly a fukking head case who hasn't sold one ticket or drawn any viewers, yet she's allowed to be an a$$hole because of her last name and blonde hair. If Isiah & Ashonte were released as collateral damage because of Dolla's antics, then in the end I only feel sorry for those two. Personally I think that Johnny Ace is trying to take the WWE back to the 09-11 period, which was one of the worst times in WWE history.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

In wrestling, you can't be Black and stand up for yourself, you're not allowed to be cocky and you gotta bow your head to "fit" in with the boys. We saw the same thing with Lio Rush. I'm sick of wrestling and all this boys club bullshyt.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Even if the reports are true that Top Dolla pissed a lot of people off and let sudden success get to his head, I still don't give a fukk. Charlotte is clearly a fukking head case who hasn't sold one ticket or drawn any viewers, yet she's allowed to be an a$$hole because of her last name and blonde hair. If Isiah & Ashonte were released as collateral damage because of Dolla's antics, then in the end I only feel sorry for those two. Personally I think that Johnny Ace is trying to take the WWE back to the 09-11 period, which was one of the worst times in WWE history.

Power plays and backstage politicking isn't wrestling or WWE and Charlotte has the leverage unfortunately that others don't. Doesn't make it right, but it's not remotely surprising. As much as dudes want to hype up Hit Row they were low on the talent totem pole in WWE and no power or supporters backstage to go to bat for them.

It's exactly what happens when you bring in people from outside of the wrestling world as they no clue about the concept of backstage politics in wrestling. It sucks for Swerve and Adonis that the ended up catching a stray in the process.

People are going to complain about how things work in wrestling and the politics behind it, yet still watch and support it anyways.