2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
The mid 200s where horrible for development we had to sit thru Nathan Jones, Chris Masters, The Great Khali.
Mark Jindrak Luther Reigns, Heidenreich. Orlando Jordan and a host of others they try to push and didn't work.

One of few that worked Lashley and they ran him off.
Umaga worked but got build up to be the month of the monster for Cena to beat then it was downhill outside the stuff with Jeff.

Look how long it took them to find a Roman and they mismanaged him for a long while.

They got Bron, where see with Omos & Odyssey Jones but look at that huge gap.

It's crazy cause as a 10-11 year old kid that is the WWE roster that really stood out to me that I really remember the most and have a connection to :mjlol:

My earliest memories of wrestling is when Evolution betrayed Orton and Lita betrayed Kane at the wedding ceremony. I'm sure I probably watched wrestling earlier than that but those are the most vivid ones in my memory.

Looking at these rosters I can't even recall a match I would say is a classic cause I truly don't remember. I remember the characters and storylines more than what went on in a match.

WWE 2004 Roster
Full WWE Roster in Year 2004 - World Wrestling Entertainment: Rosters History Database - Pro Wrestling Database

WWE 2005 Roster

Full WWE Roster in Year 2005 - World Wrestling Entertainment: Rosters History Database - Pro Wrestling Database

WWE 2006 Roster
Full WWE Roster in Year 2006 - World Wrestling Entertainment: Rosters History Database - Pro Wrestling Database

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
And this is important to note.

One, WWE is no longer a wrestling company, they are a media company. Real talk, type that shyt into a Google search and it won't say wrestling company, it will say media company before you hit go.

Therefore, they need people to fill specific roles, like a film production. Vince, in his mind, can't fill these roles with these rasslin ass wrestlers, these fools want to wrestle. So he needs to do exactly as you've described. Get some people looking for a break who don't know shyt about wrestling, teach them how to do the stunts and put them in a role. You find someone else who can fit the role better, you replace the original. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Look at Roman. He wanted Roman to play the role Cena played, who played the role Hoegan played (with the Attitude Era being an entirely new script out of necessity) and he had to finally relent and let him play the part a different way. The script don't work no more and he's too stubborn to change it.
100% and they've been absolutely straight forward about it. Stephanie, Nick Khan, etc have called themselves the Marvel of wrestling multiple times during their recent conference calls. That's been their mindset for a while and within the last two years they've fully embraced the wall street mercenary approach.

Vince is 76 and the company makes money hand over fist no matter how much senile-coke shyt he does. There's no reason for him to shift his script, by the time this last wave of guys like Cena, Goldberg, Brock, Edge, Orton, etc are Hogan/Flair status where they can't go in the ring anymore he'll be dead - and that's if he doesn't sell before then which feels like more and more of a possibility with how they're moving.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
:mjlol: @ all the "im done w wwe posts" in here

we been on that wave aew for our wrasslin needs and njpw for some pro wrestling :blessed:

BmYx4Ti.jpg

FNy8b11.gif

These bozos wasted him WTF

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The problem is that when Vince sees someone who thinks can be better he immediately moves on. Vince is apparently very high on Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams, so he probably viewed Hit Row as expendable. It's like when Vince was trying to make Mason Ryan the next Batista, but since he was so awful Vince just cut bait. They finally released RyKKKer and like all the other releases if 1 or 2 names had been left off we wouldn't care. Having said that, The WWE is playing a very dangerous game when it comes to public image. You never know what little thing can trigger a swing in momentum positive or negative. Imagine if all the fans in attendance on Smackdown or at Survivor Series start chanting AEW and the ratings for both RAW & Smackdown drop to under a million, that would be a major red flag that they're in serious trouble.
I would need guaranteed money to sign with Vince after the last 2 years. THIS IS WHY THEY NEED A UNION.
Wrestling definitely needs a union, but no company is ever going to allow it to happen. Cody always talks about being fair and yet when the talk of unionizing came up he started talking about how unrealistic it is.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I'm surprised they just didn't release Hit-Row altogether when they sent B-Fab packing. They also did Morrison real dirty. They never did right by that guy when he came back to WWE.

Top-Dolla was social media nightmare for WWE. Dude is going to have problems trying to get work b/c he was also running his mouth about AEW.

It's time to end the brand extension next year and just unify all the titles at next year's WrestleMania.

ill_will82

Daps
I'm a just keep it 110% but going forward WWE needs to:

-End the brand extension next year and unify all titles at WrestleMania.
-Put NXT back on WWE Network/Peacock (USA probably won't renew)
-Stop fukking over the developers at 2K (2K22)

At this point, once Survivor Series is over with I'm closing my subscription w/Peacock for the year. I won't be checking for War Games and more than likely done with NXT. The 2nd hr of the show over the last two weeks have been trash! If I check for WWE now it will probably just be for Smackdown and the "Big 5-6" PPVs. I stop doing the 12 month PPV thing about 3 yrs ago.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I'm a just keep it 110% but going forward WWE needs to:

-End the brand extension next year and unify all titles at WrestleMania.
-Put NXT back on WWE Network/Peacock (USA probably won't renew)
-Stop fukking over the developers at 2K (2K22)

At this point, once Survivor Series is over with I'm closing my subscription w/Peacock for the year. I won't be checking for War Games and more than likely done with NXT. The 2nd hr of the show over the last two weeks have been trash! If I check for WWE now it will probably just be for Smackdown and the "Big 5-6" PPVs. I stop doing the 12 month PPV thing about 3 yrs ago.
I'm keeping Peacock because I watch so many other things besides WWE on there, but you're dead on about everything else. The real problem is that none of these last 3 releases made any sense. It used to be one mass release after Wrestlemania, but now they're having quarterly releases that are just PR nightmares for the company. The sad thing is that a lot of these people being released aren't going to find profitable work elsewhere, because as I've said before Tony can't sign everyone and the other places don't pay as much as WWE & AEW can. At some point advertisers are going to start shying away which will also make investors second guess continuing their relationship with the WWE. Nick Khan is turning into the physical form of the AOL/Time Warner merger and Vince seems fine with it since the WWE just made 305mil this last quarter.

ill_will82

Daps
I'm keeping Peacock because I watch so many other things besides WWE on there, but you're dead on about everything else. The real problem is that none of these last 3 releases made any sense. It used to be one mass release after Wrestlemania, but now they're having quarterly releases that are just PR nightmares for the company. The sad thing is that a lot of these people being released aren't going to find profitable work elsewhere, because as I've said before Tony can't sign everyone and the other places don't pay as much as WWE & AEW can. At some point advertisers are going to start shying away which will also make investors second guess continuing their relationship with the WWE. Nick Khan is turning into the physical form of the AOL/Time Warner merger and Vince seems fine with it since the WWE just made 305mil this last quarter.

WWE from an in-ring product is slowly turning into the last few yrs of WCW. I agree w/you on that. Idk much about the financial side of the company but if I had to guess... the only reason why WWE made $305M is mostly due to the Saudi PPV deal & the sponsors they have (and the FOX deal).

Lets see when those tv deals are due for Smackdown, NXT, & RAW how much USA & FOX is going to pay to renew them. I think it's a given that NXT won't be getting a re-up due to the fact that the ratings were going in the toilet (due to AEW beating they ass) and even with a reboot shyt is even worse. USA might say fukk both RAW & NXT and if that happens...Vince is going to be in TROUBLE.