2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Times like this I wish there was a 3rd company with some real money and a TV deal to give these guys an opportunity.

Top Dolla was just on social media waving the WWE flag, doing diss records at the AEW EVPs, and they still fired him? :dwillhuh:

It just shows if you're an independent contractor, keep your options open. Don't get caught up in a "war" potentially burning bridges when you can be fired in a month.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I don't get the notion of "stop watching WWE". That is never gonna happen cause none of these releases actually got me real mad,mad to the point of me not watching a WWE product again. Most of the people I really fukks with still employed :yeshrug:.

Let them release talent like Bianca, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, New Day, SP, Bloodline. Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Bobby, Orton, etc then we got a problem.:sadcam:
Trending on @Twitter and it’s one of Ali’s former goons :dead:

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
They are trying to go back to the 2000s formula of Cena/Batista/Orton where you go out and find a bunch of 6'2''+ muscleheads and second generation wrestlers and try and teach them how to wrestle instead of the 5'8'' indie darling of the month. We'll see how that works out
The mid 2000s where horrible for development we had to sit thru Nathan Jones, Chris Masters, The Great Khali.
Mark Jindrak, Luther Reigns, Heidenreich. Orlando Jordan and a host of others they try to push and didn't work.

One of few that worked Lashley and they ran him off.
Umaga worked but he got build up to be the month of the monster for Cena to beat then it was downhill outside the stuff with Jeff.

Look how long it took them to find a Roman and they mismanaged him for a long while.

They got Bron, where see with Omos & Odyssey Jones but look at that huge gap.

Last edited:

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is wild. Hate to see those boys go out like that, but as some have alluded to, this is an opportunity to travel elsewhere and see what the broader world of wrestling has to offer.

Also, on a semi-related note, I would push back on the notion that the WWE isn't concerned with its future. Moreover, Vince and company seem hell-bent on pushing what THEY think the future of the company should entail. This clearly amounts to a narrow, antiquated and dull perspective.

I'm also curious: Was firing hit Row a business decision beyond budgetary reasons? Could Top Dollar's "miscalculation" have been viewed as potentially offending the South-East Asian/Desi demographic (a large market purportedly)? Either way, this brings up broader questions around creative freedoms and restrictions.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Times like this I wish there was a 3rd company with some real money and a TV deal to give these guys an opportunity.

Top Dolla was just on social media waving the WWE flag, doing diss records at the AEW EVPs, and they still fired him? :dwillhuh:

It just shows if you're an independent contractor, keep your options open. Don't get caught up in a "war" potentially burning bridges when you can be fired in a month.

I don't think the AEW EVPs are petty enough to hold Top Dolla's fukkery on Twitter against him if they are truly interested in him. I mentioned earlier in the thread that the Young Bucks & FTR's Twitter beef was pretty real based on what I've heard from FTR interviews, but the Bucks have admitted into leaning into Twitter when interacting with other talent & being cordial/friendly when they actually meet in person. Cody on the other hand is a different story. He seems to get emotional :heh: