2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Who the fukk releases people on a Thursday night :dwillhuh:
I’ve been pretty whatever when it comes to the releases so far, but this just feels weird to me at this point. I don’t watch WWE TV weekly so I don’t know but did Hit Row even get to do anything at all after being called up?

Whether or not this is a political hit, an extreme cost cutting measure, or them trying to flood the market with more talent than these other companies can afford, all of it feels very strange. I would love to hear a reasonable, logical explanation for all of this from somebody on their PR team because I’m at a loss trying to figure out a spin they can put on these releases at this point

I don’t think it’s deep, Vince and company just don’t see these nikkas the way we do

Swerve is a big deal to us. To them, he was never a priority. The minute he showed up on 205 live, that said all it needed in terms of how the people in charge view him.

for the net, Hit Row being dropped is a big deal. To the WWE brass… it’s a Thursday

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I’m surprised NXT UK is still thing

Would you really want to endeavor half of a promotion with this man on the roster:merchant:
WALTER-780x470.jpg

This man would cave Vince's brains out of his earlobes.

Dude not picking up shyt but a slab of cow.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Fam, WTF. They really got rid of Hit Row???

Something is going on under the surface. Either they losing big money, or AEW got em shook.
If AEW had them shook WWE would still be hoarding talent. If anything AEW ratings plateauing or going down is makin the WWE releases easier.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Assembly line parts
Keep a few big names and everyone is cheap inexpensive replaceable parts.

There a reason they want guys/girls with no experience to give 360 we own everything about you deals and the talent is fine with it because were on tv.

So you have a roster full of guys & girls who never watch or cared about wrestling just doing it for TV & fame to hopefully blow up like Rock or Batista & a check not because they actually grow up loving this shyt mainly.

They are betting on somebody to come up from NXT 2.0 and hit a home run like a Bronn or somebody... they have a couple of those and everyone else can just be fodder because they aren't paying anyone shyt except for a few top talents..

But do i think that's a sustainable model.. not necessarily because i don't see how USA pays as much next go round for the RAW/NXT package deal..

FOX will probably throw a bag to keep Smackdown but i dunno

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
If AEW had them shook WWE would still be hoarding talent. If anything AEW ratings plateauing or going down is makin the WWE releases easier.

They are trying to go back to the 2000s formula of Cena/Batista/Orton where you go out and find a bunch of 6'2''+ muscleheads and second generation wrestlers and try and teach them how to wrestle instead of the 5'8'' indie darling of the month. We'll see how that works out

• Dap
Reactions: DLo
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was reading yesterday that they were having trouble selling mania tickets and at the rate they're going, it's gonna be a one night event due to lack of talent. :francis:

What can i be assured of when i buy a Mania ticket for 2022? i'm not going but as a hypothetical.. what am i supposed to be looking forward to?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They are trying to go back to the 2000s formula of Cena/Batista/Orton where you go out and find a bunch of 6'2''+ muscleheads and second generation wrestlers and try and teach them how to wrestle instead of the 5'8'' indie darling of the month. We'll see how that works out

That was one class that worked out and it was great for them but it's lightning in a bottle.. like how they had The Rock and Austin at one time. That type of shyt come along every what.. couple decades? Lol..

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Assembly line parts
Keep a few big names and everyone is cheap inexpensive replaceable parts.

There a reason they want guys/girls with no experience to give 360 we own everything about you deals and the talent is fine with it because were on tv.

So you have a roster full of guys & girls who never watch or cared about wrestling just doing it for TV & fame to hopefully blow up like Rock or Batista & a check not because they actually grow up loving this shyt mainly.
And this is important to note.

One, WWE is no longer a wrestling company, they are a media company. Real talk, type that shyt into a Google search and it won't say wrestling company, it will say media company before you hit go.

Therefore, they need people to fill specific roles, like a film production. Vince, in his mind, can't fill these roles with these rasslin ass wrestlers, these fools want to wrestle. So he needs to do exactly as you've described. Get some people looking for a break who don't know shyt about wrestling, teach them how to do the stunts and put them in a role. You find someone else who can fit the role better, you replace the original. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Look at Roman. He wanted Roman to play the role Cena played, who played the role Hoegan played (with the Attitude Era being an entirely new script out of necessity) and he had to finally relent and let him play the part a different way. The script don't work no more and he's too stubborn to change it.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What can i be assured of when i buy a Mania ticket for 2022? i'm not going but as a hypothetical.. what am i supposed to be looking forward to?
thats a really good question

People want to see fresh faces at WM but if all the fresh faces are getting released its gonna be the same ol same ol and that makes for a boring show