2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I'm old, and this is minor... but yes they did have Stunning Steve Austin pegged as a future World Champ back in 1992. He was the PWI Rookie of the Year in 1990, and came in to WCW in '91 beating Bobby Eaton for the TV title off top. All the magazines back in the day had articles about him one day as a future world champ, except it was more in the Ric Flair style. No one envisioned "Stone Cold", with him totally changing his style from a technical wrestler into a brawler.

people definitely thought he had main event potential during the Hollywood Blondes run, obviously not "spark an entire boom period" level but main event heel yes

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first AEW Deavors thread is going to be glorious fukkery!
:banderas::blessed::feedme:

Probably wont be the same because AEW doesn't make public announcements when they fire someone. They just quietly stop using them.

Probably what WWE should be doing, unless they have to announce these things for shareholders.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm old, and this is minor... but yes they did have Stunning Steve Austin pegged as a future World Champ back in 1992. He was the PWI Rookie of the Year in 1990, and came in to WCW in '91 beating Bobby Eaton for the TV title off top. All the magazines back in the day had articles about him one day as a future world champ, except it was more in the Ric Flair style. No one envisioned "Stone Cold", with him totally changing his style from a technical wrestler into a brawler.

hmmmmm on a roster with Flair? Vader? Sting? Rude? Sid Justice? Steamboat? DDP? Lex Luger? Ron Simmons?

Shheeeesh….. I don’t know breh.
Yea ROY in 90….. but 2 years later:usure:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Out of all the releases this year, the Keith Lee release annoyed me the most. He had all the momentum in the world. Looked great in the Royal Rumble. Orton put him over in the main roster. It looked like WWE finally got it right.

FDYuRt_XsAUgBfb

His music and attire were changed on RAW but at least he looked strong. Then they started the 50/50 booking. Then he got a really horrible case of covid. It was all downhill when he came back with the bearcat gimmick.
He got injured before COVID too

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Is Sasha vaccinated? Roman doesn't have to because of his immune system, but you honestly think if any top level name was unvaccinated they would have been cut? Nia wasn't vaccinated but I think her release was more about them just being done with her. Yesterday's releases should've just been Nia & RyKKKer.
She did the Saudi show, so yea

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Hunter spent SO MUCH time on a lot of those dudes too :mjlol: Damn...
Too much time, I said before that HHH lost the point of NXT and it cost him. NXT is developmental, and he convinced himself that he could live out his fantasy of running his own promotion. I can see HHH wanting a place where wrestlers can have more freedom while they're learning, but I can also see Vince not wanting valuable wrestlers being wasted on the C show. Carmelo Hayes & Breakker are main roster ready now.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Fair…. But you’re also comparing a fairly new guy to finished product Legend.

Trust me….. no one in 92 thought Stunning Steve was gonna be one of the biggest stars and anyone who tries to say so is a liar

But don’t think I don’t get what you saying. Trust me I do

Goldberg and Brock are the best examples of guys you knew from day 1 was gonna be big time
I can't classify a 36 year old who's been wrestling for the better part of a decade as "fairly new", he is what he is at this point. For context, when Steve Austin was 36, he was already a finished product legend and was on his last year as a full time competitor. Kross isn't about to have some drastic breakout elsewhere where he changes his gimmick and becomes the star Vince McMahon held him back from being. We seen him in other companies before WWE, he wasn't that guy then and he isn't that guy now. The most interesting he's been since then has been with Triple H blowing the budget to make him look cool with the over the top entrance and the cool theme, he's not getting that elsewhere.