2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't think it was a problem. Wwe was still claiming all time record profits during that time. Whether or not those profits were true is questionable bc most of us couldn't see how that was possible.

I think Nick Khan is going to ultimately hurt wwe tho and I said this months ago.
Unfortunately AEW is just lacking the ability to develop interesting storylines the way wwe does. If they could they have the roster to win.
They can't hide profits since they're publicly traded, and a lot of those record profits from last year was due to saving millions by not traveling. Until AEW hires actual wrestling minds and becomes more diverse they won't be able to compete with the WWE. They need to stop appealing to the neckbeard crowd, because that's what's really killing their ratings.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was also reported that WWE will be moving to a new model for signing talent in the new year. Rather than signing wrestlers to long-term contracts, they will be given 60-day trial contracts under the plan. The company would monitor their progress and let them go if they weren’t happy with what they saw.

brock-lesnar-wwe.gif

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They can't hide profits since they're publicly traded, and a lot of those record profits from last year was due to saving millions by not traveling. Until AEW hires actual wrestling minds and becomes more diverse they won't be able to compete with the WWE. They need to stop appealing to the neckbeard crowd, because that's what's really killing their ratings.

But here’s the thing, as on record WWE not even hiring “wrestling minds” so it’s kinda crazy to say that.

@Bryan Danielson said it himself (and remember he LOVES WWE) that you have more wrestling in 2hrs of one AEW show than you have in 5hrs or weekly WWE shows.

So I think they need to just stay the course on making sure the thing they do the WRESTLING is top notch and entertaining. All the other shyt needs to be the bridge to get to the next match.

For years in the E it feels like they don’t want you to watch the product for the WRESTLING. They want that to be the bridge to get to the next skit and they want to focus more on skits and sketches.

Now think for a moment about the crowd, do you really think they come to these shows to see backstage shyt on a monitor or people talk in the ring for 10-20 mins? Hell no, so you have to keep them in mind as you travel

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
What?:mindblown:

Ummmm I’m not understanding the context of this post breh.

Did you think I was asking how that worked or that’s you?

Im asking when does his deal expire?

I haven’t been keeping up like that so I didn’t know he had that little time left. For some reason I thought he had another year or slightly longer

I misquoted. :snoop:

I ain’t been to sleep yet, breh (birthday weekend). My fault.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The Hangman Page story is better written than a lot of what WWE has done in recent memory outside the Summer of Punk and Bryan and Kofi runs to the title (both of which they stumbled into), but go off.

My problem with aew is consistency.

Hangman may get featured mid-show....why not open the show with him? Or close with him. Why not build your characters stories EVERY episode. I might watch AEW 3 straight weeks and only see a crowd fav like Jungle Boy once, other times he's on Dark.

I can't watch everything

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Hangman may get featured mid-show....why not open the show with him? Or close with him. Why not build your characters stories EVERY episode. I might watch AEW 3 straight weeks and only see a crowd fav like Jungle Boy once, other times he's on Dark.

I can't watch everything

Burnout

If you keep doing something which is the same thing every week, it gets old very quickly.

Also rotation gives other people the opportunity to shine and grow too

I’m sorry, I don’t care how great the “My Name is Paul Heyman…” openings/closers were. At time some he started saying the same shyt every week (yes in different ways, but still the same) and it got redundant

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Also, that post wasn’t a pro AEW thing. If y’all look back on early classic era WWF and WCW shows, they did the same thing. Hell Hogan NEVER wrestled on TV and some times you only saw him like once or twice a month

It worked and it made guys feel special

NJPW does that too to a degree, it feels special when you see Okada

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe

I can't watch everything
This is why it's the show for the pure neckbeard because they DO watch everything.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Burnout

If you keep doing something which is the same thing every week, it gets old very quickly.

Also rotation gives other people the opportunity to shine and grow too

I’m sorry, I don’t care how great the “My Name is Paul Heyman…” openings/closers were. At time some he started saying the same shyt every week (yes in different ways, but still the same) and it got redundant

I'm sorry, but when you have a hot hand you run it.

Not saying run it into the ground llike WWE did with Triple H amd them in the early 00s. We don't need to see 25 min promos opening every show.

But I'd be mad if I was a Page fan and came to a show and he wasn't on there, or he just came out for a quick run in.

Gotta build your stars properly IMO

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
that Kross pack in the air.

:smugdraper:

just what I expected to happen to that bum. I look forward to people lying about him when he ends up on AEW.

thats a shame for B-Fab after getting a taste of Smackdown.

feel sorry for Keith. he deserved another big chance. a shame Keith got his health issue at the time because despite them playing around with his look they were clearly trying do something with him. Priest stepped up and they've sent son packing.

lmao at your man Robert Stone avoiding the cull.. a future 24/7 champion right there.

Vince seemed like he would've kept your Keiths, Bray's, Brauns and Alestair Black's around but ehhh. Nick Khan is cold.

Vince walked into that PC and that dull, dingy NXT set and was disgusted with what he saw.