2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nick Khan is trying to correct a problem that WWE created for years by wasteful and wreckless spending. It's similar to ESPN who is trying to correct the issue that they created by overpaying talent contracts for years, which ironically Nick Khan worked for a lot of those talent that benefitted from that overpay.

I don't think it was a problem. Wwe was still claiming all time record profits during that time. Whether or not those profits were true is questionable bc most of us couldn't see how that was possible.

I think Nick Khan is going to ultimately hurt wwe tho and I said this months ago.
Unfortunately AEW is just lacking the ability to develop interesting storylines the way wwe does. If they could they have the roster to win.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't think it was a problem. Wwe was still claiming all time record profits during that time. Whether or not those profits were true is questionable bc most of us couldn't see how that was possible.

I think Nick Khan is going to ultimately hurt wwe tho and I said this months ago.
Unfortunately AEW is just lacking the ability to develop interesting storylines the way wwe does. If they could they have the roster to win.

All time record profits means nothing though as you can always make moves to increase profits high and higher. As I said, there's no such thing as enough profits especially when you're in the interest of making money.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

That scottish E-Drone Gareth on twitter claimed that the $255million in revenue last quarter that WWE made was 46 million in net profit, so that tells me they gonna make more cuts.

They still have over a 200 wrestlers on roster between the 5 brands so I think they may continue to reduce things

drifter

Superstar
Daps

Win what? They made 225 million off wrestling last quarter, AEW is operated at a loss. When/if we see the day AEW's in the black there's still nothing won, the two aren't mutually exclusive. AEW can reach profitability with WWE still seeing record profit.

You don't "win" anything until somebody closes up shop. When Vince dies or sells, whichever happens first, somebody else becomes CEO and the wheels keep spinning. And unless it's Nick Khan I'm sure some would make the argument that it would be the best day for WWE in recent history but until then it's business as usual.

And that's the point, they hoarded people bc they didn't know what the new competition was capable of. They see it, obviously don't see them affecting the short or long term business model, have said as much on earnings calls, and are correcting what they now see as a mistake.

We agree on treating people as replaceable parts will go towards doing more harm than good but people still seem interested in working there. Allegedly Punk was interested and had discussions but WWE didn't seem serious about it, Mox wrote a book saying he thought he was a WWE lifer even after the Dunn bullshyt, list goes on. We must be missing important parts of the story or the money is just too good to pass up.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
More cuts. They just fired their CFO who was on the earning calls yesterday:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...mments/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:picard:

Monday/Tuesday: Vince....."hi there Kristina, can you make sure that by Wednesday the Q3 reports are ready for my review. I don't want any issues for Thursdays call.

Kristina: " yes sir, Mr McMahon" *proceeds to work 18-hour days Monday, Tuesday and 19 hrs on Wednesday bc Vince wanted to see a new fiscal category*

Thursday: Kristina: "ok sir, here's the final copy for the meeting"

Vince(sips coffee) : "oh, wonderful... thank you Kristina! Don't know what we'd do without you getting all of this done"

Friday morning: Youreeeeee fireeeeeddddd!

:damn:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

The Hangman Page story is better written than a lot of what WWE has done in recent memory outside the Summer of Punk and Bryan and Kofi runs to the title (both of which they stumbled into), but go off.