A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
here’s what it comes down to with me. My biggest gripe with Bernie was the ambiguity. No actual answers on costs, no definite answers on access. He said everything will be covered, everything will be cheaper and you can go anywhere you want. A plan that’s significantly more robust than any other universal healthcare plan.

Now I know it’s for negotiation positioning. But healthcare is like 1-2 things a human being experiences in which, not a lot of ppl are willing to risk what they have for maybe what you can have without concrete answers

Also, Bernie refused to call out other universal healthcare systems in Europe on how America subsidizes their pharmaceutical costs. They are financially dependent on our pharma costs being high. So when he says our pharma costs will be the same as theirs it’s just a lie. Once our costs lower there’s will become higher. This isn’t that big of a deal to Me but makes me distrust Bernie, at the end of the day he’s a politician that sugar coats things like everyone else, despite what Bernie bro’s say in here.

But the biggest reason is as a black man with a black family I don’t want the government dictating my healthcare. Every available metric for our current public healthcare system Medicare/Medicaid/VA states we get the least amount of care, our genomic diseases are more likely to not be covered, and were more likely to be triaged.

subjecting my family to that kind of treatment willingly is retarded to me. If I don’t have to have my family experience those negative experiences black ppl have in a public system, I’m obviously not going to. And being forced to do so, terrifies me.
I understand that you are against M4A. But my question is not about that or Bernie. What I am specifically asking is what do you consider affordable access to healthcare? Biden states that his healthcare plan will be affordable for Americans. However, he doesn’t explain what he consider affordable. Like I said the example that is on his website would have a family of four making $110,000 a year paying $780 a month. IMO that is not very affordable. That also doesn’t include copayments, and deductibles that the private plans will have.

Also the public option part of his plan is very vague. His website states the public option won’t have a copay. It doesn’t clearly states it won’t be deductibles, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that it wont be deductibles. However, he never states how much the premiums per month will be. Also there is no information on exactly what the public option will cover medically. Will it cover dental? Will it cover vision? Will it cover mental health? If not that will be added cost. Again Biden’s plan is very vague in certain areas.

If I had a better idea of exactly what I would be paying under a Biden plan we can more accurately compare it to the realistic tax increases it would take to create a M4A/universal system. The media does a horrible job in discussing this. In your response please address the specific question i asked. We can debate Bernie, Liz and M4A after that.

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I understand that you are against M4A. But my question is not about that or Bernie. What I am specifically asking is what do you consider affordable access to healthcare? Biden states that his healthcare plan will be affordable for Americans. However, he doesn’t explain what he consider affordable. Like I said the example that is on his website would have a family of four making $110,000 a year paying $780 a month. IMO that is not very affordable. That also doesn’t include copayments, and deductibles that the private plans will have.

Also his the public option part of his plan is very vague. His website states the public option won’t have a copay. It doesn’t clearly states it won’t be deductibles, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that it wont be deductibles. However, he never states how much the premiums per month will be. Also there is no information on exactly what the public option will cover medically. Will it cover dental? Will it cover vision? Will it cover mental health? If not that will be added cost. Again Biden’s plan is very vague in certain areas.

If I had a better idea of exactly what I would be paying under a Biden plan we can more accurately compare it to the realistic tax increases it would take to create a M4A/universal system. The media does a horrible job in discussing this. In your response please address the specific question i asked. We can debate Bernie, Liz and M4A after that.

his pricing is Cheaper than what we have currently based off my research, I could be wrong.

Public option most likely will have deductibles because medicare does now.

There's no co-pays and it covers primary care in his plan. Its on his website.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
his pricing is Cheaper than what we have currently based off my research, I could be wrong.

Public option most likely will have deductibles because medicare does now.

There's no co-pays and it covers primary care in his plan. Its on his website.
I don’t think you fully read either of my posts. I stated that there were no copays in his public option plan. I also stated that his plan is better than the current system. However, his plan is still vague. You still haven’t answered the specific questions I asked. Again this is not to be argumentative. These are important questions that are never asked to moderates. What is your definition of affordable? What is Biden’s definition of affordable? What are the premiums per month going to be? These are question that need to be answer if we are going to properly compare the public option to M4A or another type of universal system.

Last edited:

A Cop

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ebgRFTy.jpg

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think you fully read either of my posts. I stated that there were no copays in his public option plan. I also stated that his plan is better than the current system. However, his plan is still vague. You still haven’t answered the specific questions I asked. Again this is not to be argumentative. These are important questions that are never asked to moderates. What is your definition of affordable? What is Biden’s definition of affordable? What are the premiums per month going to be? These are question that need to be answer if we are going to properly compare the public to M4A or another type of universal system.

The idea is to compete to drive costs down. Lowering premiums for people on and off the option. U have the option of picking which plan is cheaper for you and/or offers better benefits.

Bernies medicare for all doesn’t do that. Even if he says there would be no premiums due to it coming out in taxes, there’s zero recourse if they want to tax more a year later.

$780 a month for a family making 110,000 is extremely affordable.

they’re bringing in over 9k a month. You’re talking about the top 25% of households in America

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The idea is to compete to drive costs down. Lowering premiums for people on and off the option. U have the option of picking which plan is cheaper for you and/or offers better benefits.

Bernies medicare for all doesn’t do that. Even if he says there would be no premiums due to it coming out in taxes, there’s zero recourse if they want to tax more a year later.

they’re bringing in over 9k a month. You’re talking about the top 25% of households in America
Where are those households concentrated? What are their other expenses? You have an overly simplistic view.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where are those households concentrated? What are their other expenses? You have an overly simplistic view.

the entire example is simplistic. Most people making 110k aren’t even on the individual marketplace. They have employer based plans.

The entire premise y’all are attempting to say is “unaffordable” hardly even exists.

Bidens plan literally auto enrolls every person not currently insured besides illegal immigrants and ppl who decline their insurance from their or just doesn’t want to pay for insurance. That’s it, that’s all. i firmly support that.

450px-U.S._Uninsured_by_Reason_2016_v1.png

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
the entire example is simplistic. Most people making 110k aren’t even on the individual marketplace. They have employer based plans.

The entire premise y’all are attempting to say is “unaffordable” hardly even exists.

Bidens plan literally auto enrolls every person not currently insured besides illegal immigrants and ppl who decline their insurance from their or just doesn’t want to pay for insurance. That’s it, that’s all. i firmly support that.

450px-U.S._Uninsured_by_Reason_2016_v1.png
This has nothing to do with you saying a household making 110k would fine 780 a month for healthcare affordable.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Biden's plan doesn't bring down national health expenditures down sharp enough though, we're still going to be paying around 20% of GDP on healthcare and spending $45 trillion over the next 10 years on healthcare.

Unless he wants to use Medicare to drive down hospital pricing

You should read this piece:
Biden Wants to Expand the ACA. Blue States Can’t Figure Out How to Run It in the First Place.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
780 a month is less than what I'd be paying under the Sanders M4A plan because my employer is paying it. :francis:

F K

All Star
Daps
780 a month is less than what I'd be paying under the Sanders M4A plan because my employer is paying it. :francis:
:wtf: can you break this down with numbers for me.

you mean to say 780 is more right?

when you say my employer is paying it. does it mean health insurance under the current system or under m4a.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: can you break this down with numbers for me.

you mean to say 780 is more right?

when you say my employer is paying it. does it mean health insurance under the current system or under m4a.

most ppl are going to be paying more under sanders if their employer pays for the majority of their health insurance.

another calculation Bernie seems to just “forget” when comparing his plan vs what ppl have now. He does that a lot :francis: he always compares ppls premiums against what their future taxes will be. But most ppl don’t pay for the premiums under the employer. The employer pays for 70-80% of premiums on average.

He’ll never say that out loud tho :troll: