Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess that is were we have a fundamental disagreement. Two adults that is making a total of $110,000 is not that much money in certain areas of the country. Especially if they have two children. $110,000 is gross income not the net income. Taxes, student loan repayments, along with all the other expenses like mortgage/rent, transportation, and utilities doesn’t leave people with as much money as you would think. To add a $780 a month on top of that is not easier for most families of that size. On top of that there are still copays and deductibles, dental, and possible vision. So total healthcare cost will be even more than that. Like I said Biden plan is better than the current system but it doesn’t come close to tackling the major issues in healthcare.

Most couples making 110,00 have employer healthcare anyway.

that $780 is the public individual market family plan with no copays.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how many households over 110k are on the individual marketplace?
It not just about the individual market place. The employer model we have now is the problem. Depending on the job you have, healthcare can be very expensive. I been at companies where a employee making $40,000 is paying the same amount as a employee making $75,000. If your job have a high deductible plan it will drastically hurt the employee making $40,000 more. The employer model we have is terrible. A lot of companies offer shytty ass insurance plans. You might say then they can buy into the public options, but the leads back into my first point. We don’t know what the premiums costs are for his public option plan. It is not a guarantee that it will be affordable for everyone.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most couples making 110,00 have employer healthcare anyway.

that $780 is the public individual market family plan with no copays.
The 8.5 percent cost of coverage is not just for $110,000 and over. It is for all incomes on the market place. Also the 8.5 percent is a goal and it is not mandated that that you can’t pay above that amount.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It not just about the individual market place. The employer model we have now is the problem. Depending on the job you have, healthcare can be very expensive. I been at companies where a employee making $40,000 is paying the same amount as a employee making $75,000. If your job have a high deductible plan it will drastically hurt the employee making $40,000 more. The employer model we have is terrible. A lot of companies offer shytty ass insurance plans. You might say then they can buy into the public options, but the leads back into my first point. We don’t know what the premiums costs are for his public option plan. It is not a guarantee that it will be affordable for everyone.

that’s when u switch to the public option.

I know ur switching to a what if plan. But those caps are already in place, he’s just applying them to more ppl.

Aca caps your out of pocket spending already. He’s just adjusting it to have the highest middle income family’s to have access to the cap limits. It’s at 9.5% current for a family of 4 currently with 80k combined income.

he’s just raising the threshold to include higher income families and lowering it from 9.5 to 8.5.

the capped structure has been in place for almost a decade now.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He means that his health expenses are fully covered by his employer. @Pressure But that is probably just deducted from what would have been your compensation is included in your total package. In theory, under M4A you should then be entitled to higher wages but we all know employers finna eat those savings.
Healthcare isn't a part of salary negotiations.

Even so, under Medicare for all the employer is still being hit with a head tax or payroll tax in addition to increased out of pocket tax I would incur.

So, I'm not quite sure how it would be higher take home pay. But if you know something I don't, I'm all ears.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I think a lot of ppl didn’t understand Bidens plan bc it’s just easier to digest Medicare for all and you get everything for free as Bernie was selling.

Overview:

if you choose the public option. The current cap with the highest family incomes 80-83k with 9.5% cap. You pay 633 a month, no copays.

Biden wants to raise the threshold for families that are making 110k and lower the cap to 8.5%. So $780 a month no copays.

But even if families make more than 110k, you also have this cap of 8.5% (I doubt republicans will agree to this, they’ll probably settle on 125-150k.)

If this plan is cheaper than your employer plan, people are able to switch to the public option.

If you qualify for Medicaid but you don’t have it, you will be automatically enrolled once you visit the doctor and/or get other public resources. :smugbiden:

this actually a carbon copy of a current program in existence by the VA called National Association of County Veterans Service Officers. They have officers physically come to hospitals and enroll veterans in benefits. Its a national program that all hospitals have the number for and is actually pretty efficient. https://www.nacvso.org/

Unfortunately we did have one senator :ohhh: who, somehow , someway knew nothing about the program. So that senator decided to intervene himself and personally make sure the veteran was enrolled for VA benefits.

In fact he was so happy about his accomplishment he made sure that veteran showed up to events to tell his story about said senator helping him out tremendously :wow:

If only Bernie knew about the program :mjlol:. He could of avoided that entire media tour :troll:

Bidens copying the already existing program and giving it to everyone. Our future president. No media tour needed:jawalrus:

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
So I think a lot of ppl didn’t understand Bidens plan bc it’s just easier to digest Medicare for all and you get everything for free as Bernie was selling.

Overview:

if you choose the public option. The current cap with the highest incomes 80-83k with 9.5% cap. You pay 633 a month, no copays.

Biden wants to raise the threshold for families that are making 110k and lower the cap to 8.5%. So $780 a month no copays.

But even if families make more than 110k that you also have this cap of 8.5% (I doubt republicans will agree to this, they’ll probably settle on 125-150k.)

If this plan is cheaper than your employer plan, people are able to switch to the public option.

If you qualify for Medicaid but you don’t have it, you will be automatically enrolled once you visit the doctor and/or get other public resources. :smugbiden:

this actually a carbon copy of a current program in existence by the VA called National Association of County Veterans Service Officers. They have officers physically come to hospitals and enroll veterans in benefits. Its a national program that all hospitals have the number for and is actually pretty efficient. https://www.nacvso.org/

Unfortunately we did have one senator :ohhh: who, somehow , someway knew nothing about the program. So that senator decided to intervene himself and personally make sure the veteran was enrolled for VA benefits.

In fact he was so happy about his accomplishment he made sure that veteran showed up to events to tell his story about said senator helping him out tremendously :wow:

If only Bernie knew about the program :mjlol:. He could of avoided that entire media tour :troll:

Bidens copying the already existing program and giving it to everyone. Our future president. No media tour needed:jawalrus:

633 for a family or individual

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Overview:

if you choose the public option. The current cap with the highest incomes 80-83k with 9.5% cap. You pay 633 a month, no copays.

But even if families make more than 110k that you also have this cap of 8.5% (I doubt republicans will agree to this, they’ll probably settle on 125-150k.)

Dude, quit the misinfo. He needed to get into contact with his Senators.

That veteran was in Nevada and Bernie’s Senate team put him in touch with Senators Catherine Cortez Masto and Jacky Rosen.
Veteran returns to thank Bernie Sanders after cry for help at Carson City rally prompts outpouring

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Imagine think 680 a month for healthcare is affordable
The average cost for a premium in the developed world is 7500 per person.

It's still that same price under M4A

While Medicare for All proponents have emphasized the lack of premiums in their plan, the report notes that an average $7,500 mandatory premium per U.S. resident could pay for it. The premium would rise to an average of $12,000 if it exempted current Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP recipients.