Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why would it be eliminated?theres still private insurance in the uk

that’s what Bernie was selling. I personally don’t believe that will ever happen but ultimately private insurance will cost more and most pppl who have private insurance now will lose access to the best doctors and hospitals etc.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's not why I'm saying you have an agenda. I'm thinking about pasts posts/threads you made like this one: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/universal-healthcare-m4all-italy’s-government-chooses-if-you-live-or-die-with-out-the-coronavirus.766748/

It's clear and obvious.

Also,

hows it an agenda if I am against losing access to good doctors and not having the government make a decision if I live or die?

I’m firmly against it.

if you support m4all. What’s your agenda for supporting it?

ppl disagree. I’m sorry I burst the higher learning circle jerk about m4all with my own opinion. If everybody believed it as much as ppl in that subforum did, we wouldn’t even be discussing this, it’d be implemented. Y’all just liked the echo chamber so much, u believed it was the reality of the entire country and/or black community.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
hows it an agenda if I am against losing access to good doctors and not having the government make a decision if I live or die?

I’m firmly against it.

if you support m4all. What’s your agenda for supporting it?

ppl disagree. I’m sorry I burst the higher learning circle jerk about m4all with my own opinion. If everybody believed it as much as ppl in that subforum did, we wouldn’t even be discussing this, it’d be implemented. Y’all just liked the echo chamber so much, u believed it was the reality of the entire country and/or black community.

I don't really mind if someone is against M4All, but you clearly have an agenda to the point that you're willing to engage in bad faith arguments / tear it down at any opportunity. Including the thread I linked + suggesting that a poll I posted was biased, and then ignoring me when I asked you how multiple times (like Trump yelling fake news).

Also, there is significant support for M4ALL in this subforum but not everyone is on board with it. I'd believe you if you said the majority of people here supported it. And no, that would not mean it'd be implemented.

We just saw the same Democratic Primary voters, who as a majority polled in favor of M4ALL over PHI, also vote for Biden who does not support M4ALL. People do not necessarily vote on policy, or only on policy, especially not one specific policy.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't really mind if someone is against M4All, but you clearly have an agenda to the point that you're willing to engage in bad faith arguments / tear it down at any opportunity. Including the thread I linked + suggesting that a poll I posted was biased, and then ignoring me when I asked you how multiple times (like Trump yelling fake news).

Also, there is significant support for M4ALL in this subforum but not everyone is on board with it. I'd believe you if you said the majority of people here supported it. And no, that would not mean it'd be implemented.

We just saw the same Democratic Primary voters, who as a majority polled in favor of M4ALL over PHI, also vote for Biden who does not support M4ALL. People do not necessarily vote on policy, or only on policy, especially not one specific policy.

U have agenda. U didn’t respond to the a VOX article showing primary voters don’t reflect the general electorate. U attributed an extremely progressive platform analysis to ppl need to believe in me.

in regards to kaiser question, I looked up the report u posted. They never asked the question with the eliminating private insurance caveat only. Why respond to someone’s question who didn’t even read what I typed?

Democratic primary voters don’t reflect the general democratic electorate at all.

Obama is the prime example of that. He killed it on older white and black voters in the primaries and then got younger ppl out to vote for him in the general.

poll questioning is biased on purpose.

Do you like the color blue or red? 50% say they like blue.

do you like the color blue even it means it you’ll never see the color red ever again? 15% like blue.

it’s politics.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
U have agenda.

What is it?

U didn’t respond to the a VOX article showing primary voters don’t reflect the general electorate. U attributed an extremely progressive platform analysis to ppl need to believe in me.

Because that's a general statement. When I said prove it, I was talking about M4ALL. M4ALL gets a good response when polled. You seem to be arguing against this idea because you personally don't like it.

The good news is, even if I'm wrong about this, it's clearly gaining traction.

in regards to kaiser question, I looked up the report u posted. They never asked the question with the eliminating private insurance caveat only. Why respond to someone’s question who didn’t even read what I typed?

Democratic primary voters don’t reflect the general democratic electorate at all.

Obama is the prime example of that. He killed it on older white and black voters in the primaries and then got younger ppl out to vote for him in the general.

poll questioning is biased on purpose.

You said KFF had an agenda, I asked what it was. You still haven't answered. You accuse them of being biased on purpose, what are they trying to accomplish?

Your Obama example is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What is it?

Because that's a general statement. When I said prove it, I was talking about M4ALL. You still haven't shown me anything to suggest that Dem voters don't support M4ALL. You seem to be arguing against this idea because you personally don't like it.

The good news is, even if I'm wrong about this, the idea is clearly gaining traction.

You said KFF had an agenda, I asked what it was. You still haven't answered. You accuse them of being biased on purpose, what are they trying to accomplish?

Never said the kff had an agenda. Just stated they didn’t ask ppl if they’d be willing to eliminate private insurance. They asked would u eliminate health insurance if you cold visit any doctor u want. No healthcare system public or private does that internationality. It’s a selling dreams question.

Medicare for all or (government healthcare)had the same approval rating in 1992. It hasn’t gained any traction.

I showed u the stats for the likely general democratic voters not supporting it. U deflected and said polls conducted just 4 months before the primary were irrelevant. Even tho those polls included all dems not just ones who voted in the primary

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Warren Moon One thing that people who support a public option /a Medicare buy in never talk about is how much the premium per month will be and what it will cover. They always say affordable. Well what is your definition of affordable? The Marketplace was supposed to provide affordable options and it ended up being anything but that. I know because I looked in to getting insurance from the maketplace a couple of years ago it was expensive as hell.

Biden Heathcare plan is lacking in details. I read ever word on his website about his healthcare plan and it is very vague when it comes to cost.

this comes directly from Biden’s website

Biden Plan will give you the choice to purchase a public health insurance option like Medicare. As in Medicare, the Biden public option will reduce costs for patients by negotiating lower prices from hospitals and other health care providers. It also will better coordinate among all of a patient’s doctors to improve the efficacy and quality of their care, and cover primary care without any co-payments. And it will bring relief to small businesses struggling to afford coverage for their employees.

Again what is affordable? What is the premium cost?

Also from his website

No family regardless buying insurance in the individual market place, regardless of income have to spend more than 8.5 percent of their income. The example he gives is of a family of 4 making $110,000 a year.

I did the math. That is still $9,350 a year and about $780 a month. That is not affordable. And not to mention there will
still be a deductible. $110,000 for a family of 4 is not a lot of money. Especially if you live in certain parts of the country.

Biden place is better than what we have but is really isn’t that good of a plan overall.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Never said the kff had an agenda. Just stated they didn’t ask ppl if they’d be willing to eliminate private insurance. They asked would u eliminate health insurance if you cold visit any doctor u want. No healthcare system public or private does that internationality. It’s a selling dreams question.

You did, you implied multiple times that KFF was intentionally wording questions a certain way to support their ideas. You don't have an argument for what ideas they're trying to advance, because you made it up. You're sloppily attacking a pollster because their results don't line up with your expectations.

Its how pollsters word questions to support their ideas

Medicare for all or (government healthcare)had the same approval rating in 1992. It hasn’t gained any traction.

I showed u the stats for the likely general democratic voters not supporting it. U deflected and said polls conducted just 4 months before the primary were irrelevant. Even tho those polls included all dems not just ones who voted in the primary

What I said was that the more recent polls are more relevant, I didn't say your poll was irrelevant. And as far as the bolded, maybe it depends on how you measure it, but since we're saying KFF doesn't have an agenda now:

Chartpack-Single-Payer-02-20-20-Figure2.png

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You did, you implied multiple times that KFF was intentionally wording questions a certain way to support their ideas. You don't have an argument for what ideas they're trying to advance, because you made it up. You're sloppily attacking a pollster because their results don't line up with your expectations.

What I said was that the more recent polls are more relevant, I didn't say your poll was irrelevant. And as far as the bolded, maybe it depends on how you measure it, but since we're saying KFF doesn't have an agenda now:

Chartpack-Single-Payer-02-20-20-Figure2.png

So how is this poll relevant but when I show u a more recent poll stating ppl support its at 14% when u take away ppls option for a private Health plan and it’s not relevant.

Last edited:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Warren Moon i still waiting on a response Breh. This is not to be argumentative. I’m legitimately want to know what you and others think affordable access to healthcare is. It get thrown out there as a talking point be never fully explained.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Biden should just steal Bernie's platform. :yeshrug: Most of the people in this country support Bernie's policies, but Biden brings back nostalgia from the Obama years.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Warren Moon i still waiting on a response Breh. This is not to be argumentative. I’m legitimately want to know what you and others think affordable access to healthcare is. It get thrown out there as a talking point be never fully explained.

here’s what it comes down to with me. My biggest gripe with Bernie was the ambiguity. No actual answers on costs, no definite answers on access. He said everything will be covered, everything will be cheaper and you can go anywhere you want. A plan that’s significantly more robust than any other universal healthcare plan.

Now I know it’s for negotiation positioning. But healthcare is like 1-2 things a human being experiences in which, not a lot of ppl are willing to risk what they have for maybe what you can have without concrete answers

Also, Bernie refused to call out other universal healthcare systems in Europe on how America subsidizes their pharmaceutical costs. They are financially dependent on our pharma costs being high. So when he says our pharma costs will be the same as theirs it’s just a lie. Once our costs lower there’s will become higher. This isn’t that big of a deal to Me but makes me distrust Bernie, at the end of the day he’s a politician that sugar coats things like everyone else, despite what Bernie bro’s say in here.

But the biggest reason is as a black man with a black family I don’t want the government dictating my healthcare. Every available metric for our current public healthcare system Medicare/Medicaid/VA states we get the least amount of care, our genomic diseases are more likely to not be covered, and were more likely to be triaged.

subjecting my family to that kind of treatment willingly is retarded to me. If I don’t have to have my family experience those negative experiences black ppl have in a public system, I’m obviously not going to. And being forced to do so, terrifies me.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
here’s what it comes down to with me. My biggest gripe with Bernie was the ambiguity. No actual answers on costs, no definite answers on access. He said everything will be covered, everything will be cheaper and you can go anywhere you want. A plan that’s significantly more robust than any other universal healthcare plan.

Now I know it’s for negotiation positioning. But healthcare is like 1-2 things a human being experiences in which, not a lot of ppl are willing to risk what they have for maybe what you can have without concrete answers

Also, Bernie refused to call out other universal healthcare systems in Europe on how America subsidizes their pharmaceutical costs. They are financially dependent on our pharma costs being high. So when he says our pharma costs will be the same as theirs it’s just a lie. Once our costs lower there’s will become higher. This isn’t that big of a deal to Me but makes me distrust Bernie, at the end of the day he’s a politician that sugar coats things like everyone else, despite what Bernie bro’s say in here.

But the biggest reason is as a black man with a black family I don’t want the government dictating my healthcare. Every available metric for our current public healthcare system Medicare/Medicaid/VA states we get the least amount of care, our genomic diseases are more likely to not be covered, and were more likely to be triaged.

subjecting my family to that kind of treatment willingly is retarded to me. If I don’t have to have my family experience those negative experiences black ppl have in a public system, I’m obviously not going to. And being forced to do so, terrifies me.
In a system where you can not use private insurance for necessary medical care, how would this be a concern. I have other gripes, but I'm curious about this argument most

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
in a system where you can not use private insurance for necessary medical care,how would this be a concern. I have other gripes, but I'm curious about this argument most

what does the bolded statment mean?