F K

All Star
Daps
most ppl are going to be paying more under sanders if their employer pays for the majority of their health insurance.

another calculation Bernie seems to just “forget” when comparing his plan vs what ppl have now. He does that a lot :francis: he always compares ppls premiums against what their future taxes will be. But most ppl don’t pay for the premiums under the employer. The employer pays for 70-80% of premiums on average.

He’ll never say that out loud tho :troll:
:jbhmm: all the studies show taxes will go up but overall expenses go down. are you including co-pays and deductibles into your calcs

F K

All Star
Daps
The study found U.S. health care spending under Sanders’ plan would drop over time — about $300 billion lower in 2031.

However, it also found that potential savings would vanish if hospitals and doctors aren’t willing to accept lower fees for patients who are now privately insured. In that case, the U.S. would spend about $400 billion more in 2031.

:jbhmm:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

we can go back and forth on studies all day. There’s plenty of research saying it costs more plenty saying it’ll cost less. Consultants are making loads of money issuing research to back each side.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: can you break this down with numbers for me.

you mean to say 780 is more right?

when you say my employer is paying it. does it mean health insurance under the current system or under m4a.
He means that his health expenses are fully covered by his employer. @Pressure But that is probably just deducted from what would have been your compensation is included in your total package. In theory, under M4A you should then be entitled to higher wages but we all know employers finna eat those savings.

F K

All Star
Daps
we can go back and forth on studies all day. There’s plenty of research saying it costs more plenty saying it’ll cost less. Consultants are making loads of money issuing research to back each side.
you can pm me the opposing studies

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's been a while since I looked up policies, but I was under the understanding that M4A would seek to eliminate private insurance except for cosmetic purposes.

yeah just another Bernie “fib” the true list is like 100’s of different things. But for some reason he chose to cite cosmetic surgery on his website :troll:

Which in all honestly makes zero sense to me. You already have the moral high ground, why lie :mindblown:

Just made me personally distrust him more. Honestly after talking to y’all more I like m4all I just don’t like Bernies m4all. If you start off lying now, who knows what will happen 3-4 years from now

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The idea is to compete to drive costs down. Lowering premiums for people on and off the option. U have the option of picking which plan is cheaper for you and/or offers better benefits.

Bernies medicare for all doesn’t do that. Even if he says there would be no premiums due to it coming out in taxes, there’s zero recourse if they want to tax more a year later.

$780 a month for a family making 110,000 is extremely affordable.

they’re bringing in over 9k a month. You’re talking about the top 25% of households in America
I guess that is were we have a fundamental disagreement. Two adults that is making a total of $110,000 is not that much money in certain areas of the country. Especially if they have two children. $110,000 is gross income not the net income. Taxes, student loan repayments, along with all the other expenses like mortgage/rent, transportation, and utilities doesn’t leave people with as much money as you would think. To add a $780 a month on top of that is not easier for most families of that size. On top of that there are still copays and deductibles, dental, and possible vision. So total healthcare cost will be even more than that. Like I said Biden plan is better than the current system but it doesn’t come close to tackling the major issues in healthcare.

• Dap
Reactions: No1