duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Based on this current crisis, Bernie Sanders staying in the race is selfish.
Based on the current crisis, Biden threatening to veto M4A even if it passed the senate should be the end of his campaign. Instead MSM will ignore his faults and y’all will try to force us to vote for him. Spoiler alert: You won’t be successful there

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s not opinions, it’s the order in which things are done...or do you lay your peanut butter and jelly out before your bread?
People negotiate all the time before they get out of the race. Do you really think Buttigieg and Klobuchar got out of the race right before Super Tuesday, and endorsed Biden without any getting anything in return? Staff communicate with each other behind the scenes. I sure Biden’s campaign is going be in touch with Bernie campaign to see what it would take to get Bernie to drop out and endorse him. I think just a little bit of movement in a few policies areas will get the job done. And if he doesn’t threaten to veto M4A again. That might help.

F K

All Star
Daps
Thing is, the party has moved, but it won’t bend to insurrection the way the republicans did. At the end of the day, the demographics and geographic spread of America means the dems will always need moderates to be a viable party. A pure progressive agenda is not winning Midwest, southern districts, and wealthy suburban districts (ie Orange County is never going to be as liberal as SF/Oakland)
it all depends what you mean. progressives have been very successful at shifting the social policies and stances of the democratic party. The economic ones are obviously going to be sticker.

Also we've completely destroyed the concept of a 'tough on crime democrat' :blessed:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Based on the current crisis, Biden threatening to veto M4A even if it passed the senate should be the end of his campaign. Instead MSM will ignore his faults and y’all will try to force us to vote for him. Spoiler alert: You won’t be successful there
I mean, people will show up to vote. You extremely-online types probably won't, but Bernie's normal supporters will show up like they did in 2016.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People negotiate all the time before they get out of the race. Do you really think Buttigieg and Klobuchar got out of the race right before Super Tuesday, and endorsed Biden without any getting anything in return? Staff communicate with each other behind the scenes. I sure Biden’s campaign is going be in touch with Bernie campaign to see what it would take to get Bernie to drop out and endorse him. I think just a little bit of movement in a few policies areas will get the job done. And if he doesn’t threaten to veto M4A again. That might help.
behind doors wheeling and dealing isn’t the position you’ve been on. You keep wanting Biden to have said or agree to things with no agreement Bernie will drop out...at least that’s how all your posts have come across.

Of course back channels happen, but Bernie has proven he’s not the best at those

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Thing is, the party has moved, but it won’t bend to insurrection the way the republicans did. At the end of the day, the demographics and geographic spread of America means the dems will always need moderates to be a viable party. A pure progressive agenda is not winning Midwest, southern districts, and wealthy suburban districts (ie Orange County is never going to be as liberal as SF/Oakland)
Major key that will be ignored

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
behind doors wheeling and dealing isn’t the position you’ve been on. You keep wanting Biden to have said or agree to things with no agreement Bernie will drop out...at least that’s how all you posts have come across.

Of course back channels happen, but Bernie has proven he’s not the best at those
I never said Biden have to compromise without Bernie dropping out. Matter of fact the first post that started our debate I stated this
This is on Biden. I said this during the debate thread. He came out attacking Bernie and M4A before and during the debate, when it was clear that Bernie was trying to lay off of him. Bernie give Biden a whole list of things that he was going to ask during the debate to give Biden time to come up with a good answers. Biden basically said fukk you. I think if Biden would of made a better attempt to reach out to Bernie and his supporters, Bernie probably wouldn’t of attacked him during the debate. He might of even dropped out after today. I said in that thread that Biden killed that from happening. Very poor political judgment by Biden and his team.

The problem I see is that neither the Bernie Bros or the anti Bernie people want to give a inch. You have super Bernie fans like Kyle saying a bunch of dumb shyt and then we have anti Bernie people that want Bernie to just go away, without getting any concessions for his large base of supporters. Both side need to be more realistic.
The debate I been having over the last few pages is about Bernie intentions. I think you and a few other posters seem to think Bernie is hell bent on being a spoiler. I have been arguing I don’t think that is the case. I think he just want Biden to move a little bit left on a few issues. My position has been if Biden is willing to compromise, Bernie will dropout and endorse him. Bernie would at least be able to tell his supporters that he got Biden to agree on a few key policies, and that their movement wasn’t for nothing. A portion of his supporters wouldn’t accept that, but a good amount of them will. And that give Biden a better chance of beating Trump.