A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Biden mentioned the veto if the price wasn't right before Bernie made what I thought was his 'negotiation' speech.

Bernie supporters chose to get worked up over the veto part rather than the caveat of the price tag, so that in itself is a little disingenuous.

By the same token, if Bernie were to sit down with Biden and show him where the money would come from to pay for M4A like Warren did with college debt, maybe he might be inclined to soften his tone.

Doesn't matter either way. The Democratic party needs to move on with the idea Bernie intends to play the spoiler, and mitigate for that.
Yes,
Biden did mention the price but it is bad politics to say veto. It was predictable that his supporters would react I good politician easy dodges that question, or give a significantly better answer.

I honestly don’t think Bernie is trying to play spoiler. I think he legitimately cares about the issues he talks about. I know Bernie Bros are annoying but I think the distain a lot of the establishment have towards Bernie leads them to not doing simple things. Bernie and his team was guilty of not reaching out when he was top dog as well. These two sides have to come to together to win. Imo it seems that a lot of anti Bernie people on here would rather try to crush Bernie and his supporters rather than reach out.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hellbent on railroading the dems :camby:

eventually one must assess the factual situation at hand. Bernie was/is being helped by Russia and he’s doing nothing but giving Russia more opportunity to sow discord within the democratic left.

Why? What’s the point? He’s not going to accomplish anything by staying. It only hurts biden and helps trump.

fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice.....

No more debates, stop giving this man a stage. He cares about himself it’s plain to see.

This is on Biden. I said this during the debate thread. He came out attacking Bernie and M4A before and during the debate, when it was clear that Bernie was trying to lay off of him. Bernie give Biden a whole list of things that he was going to ask during the debate to give Biden time to come up with a good answers. Biden basically said fukk you. I think if Biden would of made a better attempt to reach out to Bernie and his supporters, Bernie probably wouldn’t of attacked him during the debate. He might of even dropped out after today. I said in that thread that Biden killed that from happening. Very poor political judgment by Biden and his team.

The problem I see is that neither the Bernie Bros or the anti Bernie people want to give a inch. You have super Bernie fans like Kyle saying a bunch of dumb shyt and then we have anti Bernie people that want Bernie to just go away, without getting any concessions for his large base of supporters. Both side need to be more realistic.

Lol what else is he fighting for besides m4all at this moment. He pushed the 1k give got Biden to back it on stage and now the White House had to embrace.

wtf else does Bernie want besides to “go out like a leftist legend”? It’s all about him At this point.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yes,
Biden did mention the price but it is bad politics to say veto. It was predictable that his supporters would react I good politician easy dodges that question, or give a significantly better answer.

I honestly don’t think Bernie is trying to play spoiler. I think he legitimately cares about the issues he talks about. I know Bernie Bros are annoying but I think the distain a lot of the establishment have towards Bernie leads them to not doing simple things. Bernie and his team was guilty of not reaching out when he was top dog as well. These two sides have to come to together to win. Imo it seems that a lot of anti Bernie people on here would rather try to crush Bernie and his supporters rather than reach out.
You’re reading that because that’s what you want to read. You can’t reach out when someone is still in the race, Biden isn’t going to change his tune to sound more like Bernie while Bernie is still his opponent, he can’t create a bridge when the leader of the mad men is still circling his troops. And continually asking him to move left ignores how much more left he already is.

there is a bigger objective right now being obscured by the chaos that’s coronavirus, Bernie playing games late until June removes the time the party could spend solidifying - in a time where its crystal clear we need to be in lockstep. But this is the bullheaded stuff Bernie does that shows why he’s not a great politician, nor someone I’d trust to be the leader of the country (stay in congress and drum up support for ideas...)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not true. Y’all are ignoring my first post. Bernie was reach out in his press conference. Biden started attacking Bernie during the debate when it was clear Bernie was laying off him. Bernie give Biden an opportunity to reach out to his base, and Biden didn’t do it. The excuses for Biden is crazy.

And y’all can’t hit me with the Bernie Bro label because I am extremely critical of Bernie as well. Matter of fact I get into a lot of debates with Bernie supporters on here because I criticized him on certain issues. But the double standard people have for Biden is unreal.
if that was your interpretation then i see where our POVs differ and we wont be on the same page with further debate

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes,

Bernie knows how things went in 2016. He is a career politician. Let's not pretend like he doesn't know and appreciate the negative effects him staying in could have if Biden becomes the nominee.
When bernie was winning Bernie supporters were enjoying themselves and laughing at Biden supporters, and everyone else quite frankly.

You know what as well? They deserved it. To the victor goes the spoils. Biden was misfiring, liz was sinking and no one was voting for Mayor Pete anyway. Bernie had the money and the operation and he seemed set to crush everyone. @Warren Moon kept faith in Biden, but even I thought he was on a special kind of crack. :mjlol:

Biden wins South Carolina, gets momentum and suddenly the narrative changes to black people in the south being uninformed, to Biden having dementia, to voter suppression and elections being rigged.

Don't be surprised that people have had it with the bullshyt.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You’re reading that because that’s what you want to read. You can’t reach out when someone is still in the race, Biden isn’t going to change his tune to sound more like Bernie while Bernie is still his opponent, he can’t create a bridge when the leader of the mad men is still circling his troops. And continually asking him to move left ignores how much more left he already is.

there is a bigger objective right now being obscured by the chaos that’s coronavirus, Bernie playing games late until June removes the time the party could spend solidifying - in a time where its crystal clear we need to be in lockstep. But this is the bullheaded stuff Bernie does that shows why he’s not a great politician, nor someone I’d trust to be the leader of the country (stay in congress and drum up support for ideas...)
pretty much

Bernie knows how things went in 2016. He is a career politician. Let's not pretend like he doesn't know and appreciate the negative effects him staying in could have if Biden becomes the nominee.
When bernie was winning Bernie supporters were enjoying themselves and laughing at Biden supporters, and everyone else quite frankly.

You know what as well? They deserved it. To the victor goes the spoils. Biden was misfiring, liz was sinking and no one was voting for Mayor Pete anyway. Bernie had the money and the operation and he seemed set to crush everyone. @Warren Moon kept faith in Bernie, but even I thought he was on a special kind of crack. :mjlol:

Biden wins South Carolina, gets momentum and suddenly the narrative changes to black people in the south being uninformed, to Biden having dementia, to voter suppression and elections being rigged.

Don't be surprised that people have had it with the bullshyt.
prettier much

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Again, Bernie went after Biden's voting record on Social Security and the bankruptcy bill, it is fair game but let's not pretend Bernie was laying off anyone. Biden and Bernie both threw shots at each other during the Coronavirus debate and Biden won the exchange.

The next topics were Social security and Bernie was throwing in shot after shot. As he should - it's a debate for all the marbles. The problem is, he never got the knockout blow in. Bernie wanted to get Biden in a "please proceed" moment and he got Biden to lie, but Biden came back with Bernie's NRA voting record and bested him in the latter exchanges.

That, along with the dementia narrative backfiring left Bernie in an awkward position.

You can tell yourself Bernie held off to make yourself feel better, but then you have to seriously ask yourself if he is the man to do the job you need him to do.
Biden is willing to do anything to win the nominations to defeat Trump. How far is Bernie willing to go?
:mjlol:To make myself feel better. nikka I’m not a Bernie supporter. Yes, I like Bernie better than Biden but that’s not saying much. I have criticized Bernie a lot during this primary. What I’m getting at is the stan wars that is going on in here will get us nowhere. I want Trump out of office. Since Biden is almost a lock to be the nominee I want him to be a better candidate. Being a better candidate means reaching out and compromising on a few issues to give the other said a reason to vote for you.

Also Watch the debate again. Bernie didn’t attack Biden until he started throwing shots at M4A.

Btw You ask how far Bernie is willing to go. Bernie campaigned for HRC even after the bullshyt with the DNC came out. Bernie stated repeatedly he was going to support the democratic nominee. Even when a lot of the same people that are trying to push him out the race now, are on record stating to they would be willing to take the nomination away from Bernie at the convention if he was leading. A lot of people are conveniently forgetting that.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@A.R.$ somethings Biden is going to bend on others he isn't.

He clearly isn't going to support Medicare for all, but there appear to be plenty of other areas where he's open to concessions.

Instead of trying to make him move where he isn't, why not focus on moving him in places where he will.

:hubie:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
absolute clown shyt
  • $1T to the banks and corporations.
  • Poor response to pandemic
  • People having to decide between work and their health(lives).
  • Onset of a recession and therefore, a portend of layoffs (therefore no healthcare, no post-secondary education).

Seems everything Bernie is against. Directly against.

about to get master p sneaker ugly down there

how many more lives is bernie willing to put at risk by drawing out the primary??

Or Biden can bow out too. He needs M4A more than anyone.