wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I didn’t say Biden had to make a concession on M4A, but did he have to say that he might veto it? Again, real question. How does threatening to veto Bernie’s main policy issue help to bring the party together?
How many concessions do you make? How much does Bernie want him to adopt?

Whatever Biden does he is going to lose some part of the democratic base. At least doing what he’s been doing he knows he has the majority as evidenced by the polls.

At some point Bernie has to realize this is bigger than him. He has no path. The country is in disarray.

We need everyone on the same page on atleast the issue of who we are supporting as we get ready to fight the fukkery of trump and what he may use this crisis as for his own political gain (ie pushing election back for “safety of the public”, etc).

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Whatever Biden does he is going to lose some part of the democratic base. At least doing what he’s been doing he knows he has the majority as evidenced by the polls.

At some point Bernie has to realize this is bigger than him. He has no path. The country is in disarray.

We need everyone on the same page on atleast the issue of who we are supporting as we get ready to fight the fukkery of trump and what he may use this crisis as for his own political gain (ie pushing election back for “safety of the public”, etc).
Its not even about leverage, DNC is negotiating with a terrorist at this point

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I didn’t say Biden had to make a concession on M4A, but did he have to say that he might veto it? Again, real question. How does threatening to veto Bernie’s main policy issue help to bring the party together?
I think we have to realize that if the roles were flipped, the same people in this thread would not be calling for it to end. They'd want it to 'play out':manny:

It's not a coincidence they've been arguing against Bernie & his fans for the entire primary :yeshrug:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doesn’t matter, M4A ain’t coming out of a congress to him no how.

Bernie is running a zombie campaign that’s even more dangerous right now with the potential of the primaries being pushed back. If this shyt doesn’t pick back up/get the news cycle again until May/June, opening up a fresh wound, while never addressing the original, is going to sink the dems.

I’m sorry, but I’m very past sides, it’s all eyes forward on trump and November, but Bernie and his followers don’t see it that way unfortunately
If it doesn’t matter and not coming out of Congress anyways, why say you would veto it. It is just politically stupid. The only thing saying something like that will do is to make Bernie and his supporters dig in even more. Biden should be trying to bring the party together. He is doing the opposite. Bernie made the same mistake when he was on top by not reaching out more, and I was very critical of him as well. Why be critical of Bernie when he didn’t reach out, but give Biden a pass?

If it truly all about Trump, Biden should be doing everything in his power to reach out? Biden have a serious lack of enthusiasm from young voters, and haven’t done well with Latinos. He need to start bridging the gap and unite the party if he is serious about beating Trump.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If it doesn’t matter and not coming out of Congress anyways, why say you would veto it. It is just politically stupid. The only thing saying something like that will do is to make Bernie and his supporters dig in even more. Biden should be trying to bring the party together. He is doing the opposite. Bernie made the same mistake when he was on top by not reaching out more, and I was very critical of him as well. Why be critical of Bernie when he didn’t reach out, but give Biden a pass?

If it truly all about Trump, Biden should be doing everything in his power to reach out? Biden have a serious lack of enthusiasm from young voters, and haven’t done well with Latinos. He need to start bridging the gap and unite the party if he is serious about beating Trump.
HE CANT DO ANY OF THAT IF BERNIE IS STILL BEING AN OBSTACLE INSTEAD OF AN ADVOCATE

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Biden mentioned the veto if the price wasn't right before Bernie made what I thought was his 'negotiation' speech.

Bernie supporters chose to get worked up over the veto part rather than the caveat of the price tag, so that in itself is a little disingenuous.

By the same token, if Bernie were to sit down with Biden and show him where the money would come from to pay for M4A like Warren did with college debt, maybe he might be inclined to soften his tone.

Doesn't matter either way. The Democratic party needs to move on with the idea Bernie intends to play the spoiler, and mitigate for that.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think we have to realize that if the roles were flipped, the same people in this thread would not be calling for it to end. They'd want it to 'play out':manny:

It's not a coincidence they've been arguing against Bernie & his fans for the entire primary :yeshrug:

They'd be talking about a contested convention right now. How if Biden can force a contested convention, it's not Bernie's election to claim.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They'd be talking about a contested convention right now. How if Biden can force a contested convention, it's not Bernie's election to claim.

Check the past threads, I was on record saying that Bernie should be the nominee if he got the delegates.

Beyond some extreme players, folks who argue the moderate position like @Pressure were still going to vote for Bernie. I even saw a post recently from a Bernie supporter who said it was expected that moderates would fall in line.

Hold yourself to the same standard.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Well,
For one Biden could antagonizing Bernie and his supporters by not threatening to Veto the policy he is most known for.

A easy concession would be to support the legalization of marijuana.

He already adopted tuition free college. But instead of just mentioning Liz he could praise Bernie work on pushing that policy to the mainstream.

He could stop making the hack point of Bernie praising Cuba when Obama said the came thing.

He could say he want to work with Bernie to come up with the middle class.

All of this is easy to do without compromising his moderate lane.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yup, they would be parroting CNN talking points about how this is what 2016 Bernie would have wanted :dwillhuh:

Now he should bow out for the good of the party FOH :mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Check the past threads, I was on record saying that Bernie should be the nominee if he got the delegates.

Beyond some extreme players, folks who argue the moderate position like @Pressure were still going to vote for Bernie. I even saw a post recently from a Bernie supporter who said it was expected that moderates would fall in line.

I didn't say I wouldn't vote Biden in a general election so do me a favor and don't front like I did. :ufdup:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
HE CANT DO ANY OF THAT IF BERNIE IS STILL BEING AN OBSTACLE INSTEAD OF AN ADVOCATE
Not true. Y’all are ignoring my first post. Bernie was reach out in his press conference. Biden started attacking Bernie during the debate when it was clear Bernie was laying off him. Bernie give Biden an opportunity to reach out to his base, and Biden didn’t do it. The excuses for Biden is crazy.

And y’all can’t hit me with the Bernie Bro label because I am extremely critical of Bernie as well. Matter of fact I get into a lot of debates with Bernie supporters on here because I criticized him on certain issues. But the double standard people have for Biden is unreal.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

My positions aren't even that moderate.

I just didn't prescribe to the false notion after 2016 that candidates needed to go even further left to win.

:russ:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You’re actually trying to talk to these people in good faith. Word of advice; you’re trying to get a podcast popping - these aren’t the type of people to using as a barometer for debate. This forum treats politics like sports and everyone is just stanning for a team.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not true. Y’all are ignoring my first post. Bernie was reach out in his press conference. Biden started attacking Bernie during the debate when it was clear Bernie was laying off him. Bernie give Biden an opportunity to reach out to his base, and Biden didn’t do it. The excuses for Biden is crazy.

And y’all can’t hit me with the Bernie Bro label because I am extremely critical of Bernie as well. Matter of fact I get into a lot of debates with Bernie supporters on here because I criticized him on certain issues. But the double standard people have for Biden is unreal.

Again, Bernie went after Biden's voting record on Social Security and the bankruptcy bill, it is fair game but let's not pretend Bernie was laying off anyone. Biden and Bernie both threw shots at each other during the Coronavirus debate and Biden won the exchange.

The next topics were Social security and Bernie was throwing in shot after shot. As he should - it's a debate for all the marbles. The problem is, he never got the knockout blow in. Bernie wanted to get Biden in a "please proceed" moment and he got Biden to lie, but Biden came back with Bernie's NRA voting record and bested him in the latter exchanges.

That, along with the dementia narrative backfiring left Bernie in an awkward position.

You can tell yourself Bernie held off to make yourself feel better, but then you have to seriously ask yourself if he is the man to do the job you need him to do.
Biden is willing to do anything to win the nominations to defeat Trump. How far is Bernie willing to go?