MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anecdote:

Had a three hour talk with a friend from my business school yesterday.

28 years old. White. Grew up lower middle class in Florida. Does fairly well for himself now. No true political affiliation.

We started talking politics and he immediately threw Bernie out. Immediately. Thinks Trump is a racist a$$hole but thought the labeling of all Trump voters as racist and stupid was a mistake by Democrats. I was like :yeshrug:.

"Anyway I get it, who are you voting for?"

"Joe. No question. I don't want my taxes fukked with. I don't want a revolution. I do want sanity. I just think he's the only rational choice."

shyt, if we can get a lot of that I'll take it. His reasons might not be the same as mine but the result is the same. :ehh:

From the white people I'm close enough to talk politics with, they are overwhelmingly more likely to vote for Joe than Hilary or Bernie. I don't know if that's going to show up at the ballot box but maybe its something.

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of black students lose their pell Grant because they don’t maintain a 2.0 in their first two years.

This is due to a myriad of factors but for the great majority it’s due to the resources African Americans had access to. It’s one of the main causes for African Americans to not graduate. They also enroll black ppl in more remedial courses that also effect your pell grant eligibility.

Biden’s plan is to provide a cushion not subjugated to performance, in order for African Americans to catch up, regardless on what classes they need to take in order to prepare for college while in college.

It’s gamechanging.
I'm sure much of this is true I would have to research it but I don't buy the spin tbh.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure much of this is true I would have to research it but I don't buy the spin tbh.

there’s no spin. He’s barely talked about it.

Black ppl can fight for our own initiatives and goals as well behind the scenes.

We’re like everyone else :yeshrug:, were smart and can make moves, regardless on what northern white liberals say.

everything doesn’t need to be spoken out loud.

Cognito

All Star
Daps
Is there any politician worse than Tulsi Gabbard?
Her own party hates her. If she ran again in her district she would would lose.

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
I think he'd have a much better chance of it than anyone else who was in this race.

That's very possible.

But these moderates that Biden is going after are going to vote for Republicans down ballot sooner or later to "keep the Democrats/blacks/sjws/progressives in check." If not now, then in 2022. I've been trying to follow the moderates on "both" sides for the past 3 years. And I've been reading primarily conservative media for the past 4 years. I don't even read liberal or progressive stuff anymore. These people are not at all friendly to any meaningful change, even the ones who are supposedly Democrats. Obviously and especially white people.

Maybe I've lived around white people too much - in the south, mid-atlantic, and the north east. I just don't trust people who trust the system...and I guess Biden is too much the system for me. To me, it's better to subvert it if not by the person, then by the message. But if you all really think Biden is going to lead us to a better victory than literally any other strategy in our arsenal for the next, say, 15 years, I'm all ears to the evidence.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's very possible.

But these moderates that Biden is going after are going to vote for Republicans down ballot sooner or later to "keep the Democrats/blacks/sjws/progressives in check." If not now, then in 2022. I've been trying to follow the moderates on "both" sides for the past 3 years. And I've been reading primarily conservative media for the past 4 years. I don't even read liberal or progressive stuff anymore. These people are not at all friendly to any meaningful change, even the ones who are supposedly Democrats. Obviously and especially white people.

Maybe I've lived around white people too much - in the south, mid-atlantic, and the north east. I just don't trust people who trust the system...and I guess Biden is too much the system for me. To me, it's better to subvert it if not by the person, then by the message. But if you all really think Biden is going to lead us to a better victory than literally any other strategy in our arsenal for the next, say, 15 years, I'm all ears to the evidence.

I do this same shyt. I thought I was the only one. I make sure I watch right wing media sources consistently just so I can see what ads are pushed to them. I make sure I click on breitbart articles weekly.

Funny thing is we reached two different conclusions with the same strategy.

I think Biden is the first real shot black ppl have to get our agendas through without notice or publicity. I’m done listening to what candidates talk about with their agendas for black ppl. I’d rather get stuff done quietly and covertly with little fan fair. I’m tired of fighting for stuff openly. If we can get it done I’d much rather it gets done quietly/effectively.

we have the same Social engineering strategy with different goals.