dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
@the cac mamba @dora_da_destroyer bernies policies are infinitely better for the black community than candidate out there. Why do y’all keep peddling this shyt that he ignores black voters? Biden was pro segregation . Bernie marched with MLK ...the fukk wrong with y’all ?

Medicare for all in itself will boost the black community . Instead of us being bogged down by medical debt and being unable to afford medicine we’ll have more spending power.
no one said his policies aren't better or wouldn't be great for black people :aicmon: but i also think yall are really thinking biden's platform mirrors his votes 25+ years ago. the dem party has shifted a lot, like how/why do yall think he's going to be able to put together an administration & policy that looks like the 80s-90s third way/clinton dems in 2020? that's not feasible even as a moderate today, the party was so fukking repub lite after those reagan bush years :what:

bernie stands by his ideology, and that kept him from playing the game, especially when it came to the black voting infrastructure of the south (9-11 states) - where 55% of the black population lives. where was his equivalent to a black chuck rocha in the deep south? it didnt even have to be him down there (except to build with political leadership), just a strong, authentic surrogate

this infallibility of bernie you all subscribe to, or thinking that policy-first is the way to connect to voters (if that were true, Liz Warren would have the nomination locked up right now) is why nothing changed from 2016 to 2020 - he went into this shyt with a 30% mentality for chist's sake

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
real question - what keeps us from just having one day of primary voting (with ranked choice other than being scared to change)? the rolling primaries have always been flawed to me, just from the fact you get forced into certain choices the later your state votes. but this chicken and egg thing that happened this year - black voters voting for who they think white people will vote for, therefore signaling to white people to vote for the candidate black voters "support"...like wtf? just a very stupid way to find a candidate

would it just be too much chaos to have one day where clearly no delegate majority could be amassed in a field of 4-8 candidates?

@No1 @FAH1223 @Pressure @King Kreole @dtownreppin214

sorry if i didn't tag others who have deep knowledge of how elections work/why they're laid out this way
When you sit back and actually take a look at it, it's an absolutely insane, disgraceful system and an affront to actual democracy. A cruel joke. Making these types of necessary changes to civic participation in America is an onerous process by design, because America was not built to be a democracy. At this point, I have more faith in a catastrophic event causing the legs to give out and a new democracy/nation being formed in the aftermath than I do in incremental tweaks.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
But that’s not all I said ? You conveniently left out that his policies are better for black people than any candidate . Aside from being a civil rights activist and ally , Medicare for all will be a boost for black people. Making higher education more affordable will also boost opportunities for black men and women . Biden is diet trump ...voted for the iraq war, supported segregation. This fight isn’t over yet I really hope the remaining states wake up and realize Bernie is our best shot. Biden will 100% lose to Trump.

This is John Kerry, Al Gore , Hillary Clinton all over again if he’s the nominee
Bro, you're preaching to the choir on this one. I was a fervent Warren supporter, believed her policies were even better than Bernie's for the black community, and she performed even worse than he did with black voters. It's frustrating, but it's the nature of the game. Gonna need a deep post-mortem after this primary to figure out what went wrong and provide a better roadmap to our generation of progressives. :francis:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
real question - what keeps us from just having one day of primary voting (with ranked choice other than being scared to change)? the rolling primaries have always been flawed to me, just from the fact you get forced into certain choices the later your state votes. but this chicken and egg thing that happened this year - black voters voting for who they think white people will vote for, therefore signaling to white people to vote for the candidate black voters "support"...like wtf? just a very stupid way to find a candidate

would it just be too much chaos to have one day where clearly no delegate majority could be amassed in a field of 4-8 candidates?

sorry if i didn't tag others who have deep knowledge of how elections work/why they're laid out this way
This is actually a good question.

If I remember correctly, the rolling primaries are a fairly new phenomenon. They didn't take place until 1970 following the 68 primary.

Back story, primary to rules being changed requiring voters directly having a say in who'd be the eventual nominee the nominees for president would be handled by congress or party leaders telling members who'd they'd nominate.

I often wonder if that's where Bernie's rallying cry comes from.

Why? Well like I was saying before, during Vietnam war you had a large movement of people who were antiwar, but had no say in who would become the nominee.

As a result we ended up with a presidential nominee who had the majority of delegates but only had a third of the convention votes. Sound familiar? :troll:

TLDR:

• Congressman chose the nominee
  • Then party leaders at conventions
  • Then voters in caucuses
  • Then primaries
  • And now front loaded primaries for additional influence

But everything we complain about now people have been complaining about from the beginning with Dem primaries.

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
no one said his policies aren't better or wouldn't be great for black people :aicmon: but i also think yall are really thinking biden's platform mirrors his votes 25+ years ago. the dem party has shifted a lot, like how/why do yall think he's going to be able to put together an administration & policy that looks like the 80s-90s third way/clinton dems in 2020? that's not feasible even as a moderate today, the party was so fukking repub lite after those reagan bush years :what:

bernie stands by his ideology, and that kept him from playing the game, especially when it came to the black voting infrastructure of the south (9-11 states) - where 55% of the black population lives. where was his equivalent to a black chuck rocha in the deep south? it didnt even have to be him down there (expect to build with political leadership)

this infallibility of bernie you all subscribe to, or thinking that policy-first is the way to connect to voters (if that were true, Liz Warren would have the nomination locked up right now) is why nothing changed from 2016 to 2020 - he went into this shyt with a 30% mentality for chist's sake

Trump won with that strategy. I don't think it's a bad one, and it almost worked - it all depended on moderates splitting the vote...so Amy and Pete. I guess the Democratic party learned not to let that happen. Risky, didn't work. I mean, Bernie is literally #2 right now, not Tulsi fukking Gabbard. Considering he literally isn't a Democrat, he almost routed Democrats twice.

That being said, I think Bernie would've lost this election...but in my opinion, that would be a good thing for Democrats. Easier to get super majorities if you have something to campaign against in 2022 and 2024. Worked for Democrats in 2008, and worked for Republicans in 2016 (simple majority). That's why I think any Democrat we put up as the nominee should lose.

But I'm a long term strategist. :shaq:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Trump won with that strategy. I don't think it's a bad one, and it almost worked - it all depended on moderates splitting the vote...so Amy and Pete. I guess the Democratic party learned not to let that happen. Risky, didn't work. I mean, Bernie is literally #2 right now, not Tulsi fukking Gabbard. Considering he literally isn't a Democrat, he almost routed Democrats twice.

That being said, I think Bernie would've lost this election...but in my opinion, that would be a good thing for Democrats. Easier to get super majorities if you have something to campaign against in 2022 and 2024. Worked for Democrats in 2008, and worked for Republicans in 2016 (simple majority). That's why I think any Democrat we put up as the nominee should lose.

we can't afford to lose right now, not with the court situation
But everything we complain about now people have been complaining about from the beginning with Dem primaries.
:ehh:

guess i'll stfu now lol

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

The small states want people to campaign there too. Thought process is that if it were all the same day then candidates would camp out in the states with the most delegates. Why would a candidate spend any time in Iowa or New Hampshire?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. That's why I think any Democrat we put up as the nominee should lose.

you're definitely not wrong about that :yeshrug: if trump wins in 2020, then 2022 will be a bloodbath for the republicans, and in 2024 the democrat will 100% win the nomination. and that could be a dynamic, progressive candidate who isn't eligible for social security

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:ehh:

guess i'll stfu now lol
I think the better argument is people should protest in masses and get them to change.
The small states want people to campaign there too. Thought process is that if it were all the same day then candidates would camp out in the states with the most delegates. Why would a candidate spend any time in Iowa or New Hampshire?
Sounds good for in theory, but the drawn out primary process actually means a significant portion of the countries votes don't won't matter.

Besides, the presidential election is held on the same day and candidates make time to hit all the states.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
you're definitely not wrong about that :yeshrug: if trump wins in 2020, then 2022 will be a bloodbath for the republicans, and in 2024 the democrat will 100% win the nomination. and that could be a dynamic, progressive candidate who isn't eligible for social security
If Trump wins again this country will he irrevocably broken.

Nice to see a return of the accelerationist left. I was told they also don't exist. :ehh:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s gonna come down to those working class rust belt areas who voted Democrat in the past but hated Hillary and voted Trump

I’d imagine those people after 4 years realize Trump was full of sh1t and didn’t help them like he said he would but who knows

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:wow:

:gucci:
:mjpls:

thehill.com
Fox News to host Sanders town hall ahead of crucial Michigan primary
2 minutes
Fox News will host a second town hall with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders
sandersbernie_052317gn2_lead.jpg
Bernie Sanders'Easy access' to Biden allowed protester to rush stage at rally The Memo: Biden poised for gains in next waves of primaries Vulnerable Republicans dodge questions on support for ObamaCare lawsuit MORE (I-Vt.) on Monday in Detroit, the network announced on Friday.

The town hall for Sanders comes ahead of a crucial primary in Michigan, where Sanders and former Vice President Joe Biden
bidenjoe_081315getty_0.jpg
Joe Biden'Easy access' to Biden allowed protester to rush stage at rally The Memo: Biden poised for gains in next waves of primaries Vulnerable Republicans dodge questions on support for ObamaCare lawsuit MORE will vie for the states's 125 pledged delegate haul.

Biden has pulled ahead of Sanders on the delegate count after a surprisingly strong showing on Super Tuesday, where he took 10 of the 14 states up for grabs.

ADVERTISEMENT

The town hall will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

The event will be co-moderated by "Special Report" anchor Bret Baier and "The Story" anchor Martha MacCallum.

"We welcome Senator Sanders back to FOX News for a substantive conversation," Jay Wallace, president and executive editor of Fox News Media, said in a statement.

Sanders last appeared in a Fox News town hall in April, not long after announcing his candidacy.

That event drew 2.6 million total viewers, the most of any town hall across all networks of the 2019-2020 campaign season to date.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

bernie stands by his ideology, and that kept him from playing the game, especially when it came to the black voting infrastructure of the south (9-11 states) - where 55% of the black population lives. where was his equivalent to a black chuck rocha in the deep south? it didnt even have to be him down there (except to build with political leadership), just a strong, authentic surrogate

Why does no one ask why Bernie believed he could court white working class America and Latinos and not Black Americans?

Seriously. Why?

Did he defer this to someone else and they dropped the ball?

Has he been keeping a grudge since 2016, hoping that the white working class and latinos would be his firewall and he would be able to dictate to black people?

The excuse of it's just Bernie,he stands by his principle, means this man took his supporters money, time and effort and did the same thing in 2020 that he did in 2016.

That's the definition of insanity.