dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
don't know why, but these last few pages have me :dead:

Look, I'm clearly voting for Liz later on today, but the two remaining dudes who seem like they'll go to the end represent a dichotomy. I do hope that everyone votes blue - and encourages your people who may be fans of who you're a fan of, to vote as well. There's more at stake with Trump in office than with either a Bernie or Biden.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Thanks man.

Shout out to you to @jayshiggs, I see you there.

There's plenty of us that have gone to war over positions but I respect that both of you keep it there and don't make it silly. Even @dora_da_destroyer, I think you focused on "Bernie Bros" too much but you're still arguing logically and I don't think you troll at all. We can disagree without being disingenuous.

Jayshiggs was a Tucel supporter until recently

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dudes overlook the toxic people who support their candidate and then say hey, hold hands with me, I'm rational.

Until they start correcting their own there really isn't anything to discuss.

:jbhmm:

Disagree with Warren's moves all you want, but can we lay off her supporters? I was one of them pretty recently. Every campaign has bad seeds and the worst ones are the loudest, even if others are doing it too it doesn't help to be like them. shytting on the other team's support literally never helped with a race.
You didn't even offer an explanation for why shytting on other politicians' supporters as a group is supposed to help. Think about it for a moment - how have attacking "Bernie Bros" helped them? It only galvanizes and cements the opposition while doing nothing for the base. Obama's "they cling to...." speech, Romney's "47%", Clinton's "deplorables"....attacking the other group's base always backfires. And those were in the general - attacking the other group's base in the primary is 10x as counterproductive.
Yes, it's an "internet" problem, but we can still have the self-control to put a stop to it. It obviously doesn't help, so why even worry if it hurts or not? It's the better thing to do even if it's strategically a wash.

So is there something to discuss seeing as I clearly have receipts?

Dudes have been straight up jackasses for a month and now that moderate dems are getting on code now they're trying to court Liz voters. :mjlol:
Except I WAS a Liz supporter, I have receipts for Liz/Bernie unity and supporting the front runner covering the last 15 months now that I already put on this thread. I haven't been a "jackass" to anyone, all of my arguments have been defensive, you don't see my shytting on Warren supporters in general or even picking fights to attack Warren. So can we stop the false narratives and deal with the actual reality? Y'all KEEP saying shyt that doesn't help the country at all, nothing you're saying does anything other than make you look bad in an internet argument.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Jayshiggs was a Tucel supporter until recently

And I'm probably the biggest Tulsi critic on this board. That's my point. Jay and I had knockdown dragout fights over Tulsi that went on for pages, yet they always stayed focused on the actual issues at play and neither of us have let hard feelings spill over into personal shyt or other topics. I respect that a lot.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Nah, he believes this shyt he's just way overly internet stanish.

And how about posters who got receipts on unity going back all last year? Who were suggesting that Bernie stans should fall in line with Warren when she was the frontrunner? Who were calling out overagressive Bernie supporters in the Bernie thread and telling them to chill less than 24 hours ago?

Heck, I even said I was glad when that wrestling dumbass got banned because I thought he was a terrible look to the point he was practically a caricature of a Bernie breh.
Pressure states it best with the post below, im fine with you pointing out the dumb ass toxic behavior/post on the warren/biden etc side but i RARELY see you bring the same commitment with any of the posters on the side of the candidate you now support. You now have posters openly admitting to being bernie or bust, and calling for supporters to stop supporting candidates during a fukking primary season. Before you had maybe 1 or 2 posters bad faith arguments... nowadays I'm now seeing more and more confirmation bias tweets from a variety of posters to confirm their own biases with unverified sources or surrogates. Honestly this whole election process/phase on this board has just been nasty from the bottom to the top.
Dudes overlook the toxic people who support their candidate and then say hey, hold hands with me, I'm rational.

Until they start correcting their own there really isn't anything to discuss.
Cosign

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Pressure states it best with the post below, im fine with you pointing out the dumb ass toxic behavior/post on the warren/biden etc side but i RARELY see you bring the same commitment with any of the posters on the side of the candidate you now support.
I literally just gave receipts of myself doing exactly that.

You now have posters openly admitting to being bernie or bust,
I don't consider that toxic. Everyone has their own line, I refuse to support some of the Democratic candidates too (most obviously Bloomberg), that's their right. I'm not going to attack Warren supporters for being Warren or bust either. In both cases I think it's irrational only because they're close enough that I'll try to convince them to support a viable candidate, but it's not the sort of thing where there's a principle at stake.

Before it was just 1 or 2 posters nowadays I'm now seeing more and more confirmation bias tweets from a variety of posters to confirm their own biases with unverified sources or surrogates. Honestly this whole election process/phase on this board has just been nasty from the bottom to the top.
And why do you think it is, that it went from just 1-2 toxic posters to several of them? You don't think all those "Bernie Bros" attacks (which aren't new at all) help to create a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like I told that guy who was attacking Warren supporters?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:jbhmm:

So is there something to discuss seeing as I clearly have receipts?

Except I WAS a Liz supporter, I have receipts for Liz/Bernie unity and supporting the front runner covering the last 15 months now that I already put on this thread. I haven't been a "jackass" to anyone, all of my arguments have been defensive, you don't see my shytting on Warren supporters in general or even picking fights to attack Warren. So can we stop the false narratives and deal with the actual reality? Y'all KEEP saying shyt that doesn't help the country at all, nothing you're saying does anything other than make you look bad in an internet argument.
People aren't in here arguing with you. Just because you aren't being a jackass all the time doesn't mean this page hasn't been spammed with a 100 dumbass posts.

This call for unity mess you're doing is silly.

I have my views on this country and I'm one of the only people who have actually tried to have policy discussions here.

We can disagree, but at this point we're all voting for who we support or already have. No need to sway opinions.

Nothing you say is going to change the fact that I've already voted for Warren.

Cognito

All Star
Daps
Yeah Bernie needs to get a shyt ton of people voting beyond his strongest areas. If he can't bully :flabbynsick: Biden in delegates in a more liberal primary than ever before he doesn't deserve the nomination