King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I will say that she didn’t need to explicitly state this.
Yep, this is the only issue I have with what she's done here. She's trying to play it both ways for political/differentiating purposes and may have potentially deleveraged her negotiating power, but I think she's still so firmly committed to M4A that she'll be able to pull off the tightrope walk here. It would be different if she came out with a whole new plan called Medicare For The Public or something like that, but she's framed both her funding bill and transition plan under the M4A banner, so she can still marshal the M4A energy to make a maximalist push.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yep, this is the only issue I have with what she's done here. She's trying to play it both ways for political/differentiating purposes and may have potentially deleveraged her negotiating power, but I think she's still so firmly committed to M4A that she'll be able to pull off the tightrope walk here. It would be different if she came out with a whole new plan called Medicare For The Public or something like that, but she's framed both her funding bill and transition plan under the M4A banner, so she can still marshal the M4A energy to make a maximalist push.
Agreed. This is a potential mistake by her and her team. It could hurt the negotiation process, and gives fuel to the haters to smear her plan. This is the most realistic outcome, but she didn’t have to publicly state this.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Agreed. This is a potential mistake by her and her team. It could hurt the negotiation process, and gives fuel to the haters to smear her plan. This is the most realistic outcome, but she didn’t have to publicly state this.
Although, now that I think of it, Bernie's plan for a doomed M4A legislative push in the first week of his Presidency that inevitably gets obliterated in a floor vote may actually harm the chances for extracting maximalist concessions in a follow-up negotiation. In that case, you've shown the squishes and oppositional forces that there is no legitimate fear of M4A, exposing the supposed big stick to actually be a small twig, essentially calling his own bluff. Whereas Warren's position of huge healthcare expansion with the threat of full, immediate M4A looming in the background of negotiations, hanging like a sword of Damocles over the squishes and oppositional forces, might actually force more concessions out of them. She retains the threat. That's what the Obamacare negotiations were missing. Obamacare (w/ public option) was the leftmost position because there was no substantial push for M4A framing the debate. It's like why Republicans wanted a show vote on the GND and AOC encouraged Dem Senators to not vote for it.

Could be wrong though, I'm just trying to game this out. :jbhmm:

Cookie

Pro
Daps
Warren is not going to push for M4A. It's clear as day now.

The choice is clear, folks. If healthcare is your top issue, or any where close to it, Bernie is the candidate you gotta vote for.

fukk the incrementalism, fukk the baby steps. Lets stop fukking around.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

The choice is clear, folks. If healthcare is your top issue, or any where close to it, Bernie is the candidate you gotta vote for.

When will Bernie do it?

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Although, now that I think of it, Bernie's plan for a doomed M4A legislative push in the first week of his Presidency that inevitably gets obliterated in a floor vote may actually harm the chances for extracting maximalist concessions in a follow-up negotiation. In that case, you've shown the squishes and oppositional forces that there is no legitimate fear of M4A, exposing the supposed big stick to actually be a small twig, essentially calling his own bluff. Whereas Warren's position of huge healthcare expansion with the threat of full, immediate M4A looming in the background of negotiations, hanging like a sword of Damocles over the squishes and oppositional forces, might actually force more concessions out of them. She retains the threat. That's what the Obamacare negotiations were missing. Obamacare (w/ public option) was the leftmost position because there was no substantial push for M4A framing the debate. It's like why Republicans wanted a show vote on the GND and AOC encouraged Dem Senators to not vote for it.

Could be wrong though, I'm just trying to game this out. :jbhmm:
I think Bernie is smart enough not to introduce M4A the first week if the votes are not there. I believe it is just something politicians say during a campaign. First of all he doesn’t have to power to introduce M4A the first week. Introducing legislation is congress job, and the speaker of the house and the senate majority leader are not going to introduce a bill that doesn’t have the votes. Politics are more complicated than a lot of his supporters want to believe. But I think Bernie knows this and have compromised in the pass.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Yup. Certain things are more about standing tall on principle than calculated odds of legislative success. That is a shortcoming of the technocracy-first approach.

People are sick, dying and going bankrupt for way too many decades and we know how to fix it. It’s time to just demand single payer now unflinchingly. fukk whatever Mitch McConnell’s gonna do or how Joe Manchin is gonna vote. Just say this is where I stand and I’m not moving and let that energy manifest. Radical change comes about from rallying people behind shared principles, not intelligentsia telling people they have a plan to fix their problems.

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lefties are so fukking goofy. This nicca Bernie has no transition plan, no actual funding mechanism in place,he knows on day one he wouldn't have the votes to bring M4A up and is straight up bullshytting for twitter likes, and has tied M4A to some sort of nation wide strike that he knows will never fukking happen. Yet this is the one you place your faith in to actually get shyt done? Goofy as fukk.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Lefties are so fukking goofy. This nicca Bernie has no transition plan, no actual funding mechanism in place,he knows on day one he wouldn't have the votes to bring M4A up and is straight up bullshytting for twitter likes, and has tied M4A to some sort of nation wide strike that he knows will never fukking happen. Yet this is the one you place your faith in to actually get shyt done? Goofy as fukk.
:umad:You gonna be mad for eight straight years as Bernie continuously improves every aspect of this country.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Why you stay so mad though?