2019 WOAT Poster Election Thread (Congratulations to Darealtwo1)

Who You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does 95% of the coli constantly tag or neg you for month? Does 95% of the coli hides behind the safe opinions of Nate Duncan or real gm cacs? Does 95% of the coli disappear for months until their narrative finally gets proven right

1) Nope. But I have had someone not named Gil randomly negging me for an amount of time after an argument.
2) No, they hide behind the opinions of Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, and whatever the dominant narrative on the Coli is, which is just as bad, if not worse.
3) Bumping old threads to gloat about how you were eventually proven right is commonplace on here. regardless of what the person's posting habits are.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
1) Nope. But I have had someone not named Gil randomly negging me for an amount of time after an argument.
2) No, they hide behind the opinions of Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, and whatever the dominant narrative on the Coli is, which is just as bad, if not worse.
3) Bumping old threads to gloat about how you were eventually proven right is commonplace on here. regardless of what the person's posting habits are.

1) Well Gil spectrum has been doing this to numerous people. For years
2) :manny: True
3) Also true. But yea like I said most don’t hide for months. Also most don’t beat a dead horse. That Randle/Parker thread is a clear sign of an illness. Even me who agrees with him that thread is like wtf are you doing?

Like I said, until it’s happened to you personally you just won’t understand

Daps
Does 95% of the coli constantly tag or neg you for month? Does 95% of the coli hides behind the safe opinions of Nate Duncan or real gm cacs? Does 95% of the coli disappear for months until their narrative finally gets proven right
:mjlol:

What the fukk are you even babbling about now, groupie. Give it up, you don't have to bullshyt anymore. The thread is over. You lost.

If I wanted to hide behind "safe opinions" like y'all do, I'd be a mindless Casual posting shyt like MJ would average 50 points in this era, no defense is being played today, Cap would average 45 points and 20 rebounds today, and regurgitate any and every back-in-the-day bullshyt and box score-based take.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

What the fukk are you even babbling about now, groupie. Give it up, you don't have to bullshyt anymore. The thread is over. You lost.

If I wanted to hide behind "safe opinions" like y'all do, I'd be a mindless Casual posting shyt like MJ would average 50 points in this era, no defense is being played today, Cap would average 45 points and 20 rebounds today, and regurgitate any and every back-in-the-day bullshyt and box score-based take.

Nice try. Your safe opinions revolve around current talking points like the GS dikkriding, general all encompassing BS like Luka’s “impact”, pop not being an analytics darling, etc. Cool of you to finally pop your head up now that voting is over. That’s what I’m talking about :umad:

Daps
3) Also true. But yea like I said most don’t hide for months. Also most don’t beat a dead horse. That Randle/Parker thread is a clear sign of an illness. Even me who agrees with him that thread is like wtf are you doing?
This is why you should stay outta shyt you aren't privy to.

I stopped engaging in that thread when the argument was done; I left it. Yet, I was tagged multiple times in it, a season later, when LWO tried to rehash the argument after already conceding defeat. It even carried over outside of that thread. This went on for some time. I simply replied with the same energy. Which is funny considering you have shyt like LeBron/Kobe threads that take the exact same course, that has been going on for a lot longer, and a good portion of this board engages in them, tell me how's it any different?

How's it different to any conflict that goes on and on and on, on this board?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How many of them say Lin has a better skillset than Harden or that Capela would be better in today’s game than Hakeem? Or that Popovich can’t coach in this era?

that capela thing didn’t happen

that’s not possible

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
that capela thing didn’t happen

that’s not possible

Harden and Russ need the ball and a spread floor to be effective, especially given the makeup of their offensive system (they run double the volume of ISO than any other team, and only 1.5% of their total possessions are post-ups). That's not changing if you insert The Dream into the lineup; he'll just end up being a glorified Capela. Both the Bucks and Lakers (who only have one ball-dominant player) would make more use of their legend. Not to mention they both have superior squads to the Rockets.

:manny:

:unimpressed:

:devil:
:evil:

Daps
not quite what can’t stop said but :wow:
That's because @CantStop has never been honest a day in his life.

This is all the correspondence/context:
Harden and Russ need the ball and a spread floor to be effective, especially given the makeup of their offensive system (they run double the volume of ISO than any other team, and only 1.5% of their total possessions are post-ups). That's not changing if you insert The Dream into the lineup; he'll just end up being a glorified Capela. Both the Bucks and Lakers (who only have one ball-dominant player) would make more use of their legend. Not to mention they both have superior squads to the Rockets.

You do realize that none of this addresses what I posted, right?

We all know how good The Dream was, but you can't take his play as it lies in history, and place him in a completely different environment, and set-up, and expect his role to be the same. Perhaps in a utopia, he could exist with Harden/Russ and that style of offense, but in reality, it's not as simple.
Are you going to tell me that the Rockets’ system and TWO of the most ball-dominant players in the league would make proper use of him?

Need I reiterate:

Rockets run double the volume of ISO than any other team. Double.
They rank #1 in 3-pt attempts (they’ve attempted 100+ more 3s than the 2nd-ranked team); literally half their total shot attempts are 3-pt shots
They rank 29th in post-up volume
Their big men are simply used as rim-rollers or SB floor spreaders
They use more small-ball lineups than every team
Harden and Westbrook control the ball for a combined 14+ minutes and 164 touches per game - no other duo even comes remotely close.

Their style of play and player make-up is antithetical to the utilization of traditional big men.

Out of all the teams in the league to make proper use of Hakeem, the Rockets would rank dead-last in fit.

:hubie:
That's not what I said.

I said Harden and Russ, and the Rockets system, wouldn't utilize him properly. Others agreed with what I was saying in that thread. What is up with y'all and taking shyt out of context?

Hakeem would NOT fit on the Rockets (of today). He'd need a team that would utilize his talent and abilities more. And that most certainly isn't the Rockets.

I could just hear y'all complaining now about how Harden and Westbrook are dominating the ball too much, and the team shooting too many 3s, instead of going to Hakeem on the block.
The Rockets wouldn't utilize Hakeem properly. He'd be wasted on that team; it'd be a crime against basketball if you put him on that team. That's the point. Or do you seem to think the Rockets offense is a perfect situation for him to flourish - the same offense that primarily shoot 3s and have two of the most ball-dominant players in the league?
TL;DR

Rockets wouldn't utilize Hakeem properly - he'd be wasted on that team.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's because @CantStop has never been honest a day in his life.

This is all the correspondence/context:

TL;DR

Rockets wouldn't utilize Hakeem properly - he'd be wasted on that team.

NO fukk nikka I POSTED
YOUR ORIGINAL POST BECAUSE YOU QUOTED ME WHEN YOU TYPED IT.

ANYTHING YOU POSTED AFTER THAT
WAS YOU SPLAININ AFTER THE POSTERS
IN THAT THREAD GOT AT YOU.

Hakeem is a far superior player to harden and russ. The rockets would NOT play the same style of ball. At worst he would be option1b to harden

THIS WAS ALSO EXPLAINED TO HIM.

Daps
NO fukk nikka I POSTED
YOUR ORIGINAL POST BECAUSE YOU QUOTED ME WHEN YOU TYPED IT.

ANYTHING YOU POSTED AFTER THAT
WAS YOU SPLAININ AFTER THE POSTERS
IN THAT THREAD GOT AT YOU.

Multiple posters agreed with me, and one poster took what I said out of context which sparked further debate. If you can't infer from what I was saying, that's on you. I never said this bullshyt about Capela being better or being a better fit - I simply said the Rockets wouldn't utilize Hakeem properly. Look at my original post, you bytch ass nikka.

I specified they don't run post-ups and are a heavy ISO perimeter-based team. That type of offense would NOT utilize Hakeem properly, especially since it would go directly against D'Antoni's and Morey's offensive principles. Morey has gone on record stating that he wants the team to shoot 40+ attempt-volume 3-pt shots every game.

How the fukk are they supposed to utilize Hakeem if that's the identity the GM wants? Morey's not actively going out to get traditional post-up bigs on his team, is he?
Hakeem is a far superior player to harden and russ. The rockets would NOT play the same style of ball. At worst he would be option1b to harden
It doesn't matter if Hakeem is the superior player. He's not changing the identity of the Rockets. Harden and Russ aren't changing their games; D'Antoni isn't changing the way how he operates on offense; and Morey isn't changing either. Hakeem is not some mentalist where he can change who all those people are. Out of every single team in the league, the Rockets would be the last team to utilize him properly. I honestly don't know how anyone could argue against that.