2019 WOAT Poster Election Thread (Congratulations to Darealtwo1)

Who You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Hakeem is a far superior player to harden and russ. The rockets would NOT play the same style of ball. At worst he would be option1b to harden

D Antonio has already proven with stat he could utilize an extremely skilled big. Capela was an unheralded raw talent who can barely dribble and is played to his strengths. But instead of falling back he will just double down with multi quotes of pure bullshyt :mjlol:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Multiple posters agreed with me, and one poster took what I said out of context which sparked further debate. If you can't infer from what I was saying, that's on you. I never said this bullshyt about Capela being better or being a better fit - I simply said the Rockets wouldn't utilize Hakeem properly. Look at my original post, you bytch ass nikka.

I specified they don't run post-ups and are a heavy ISO perimeter-based team. That type of offense would NOT utilize Hakeem properly, especially since it would go directly against D'Antoni's and Morey's offensive principles. Morey has gone on record stating that he wants the team to shoot 40+ attempt-volume 3-pt shots every game.

How the fukk are they supposed to utilize Hakeem if that's the identity the GM wants? Morey's not actively going out to get traditional post-up bigs on his team, is he?

It doesn't matter if Hakeem is the superior player. He's not changing the identity of the Rockets. Harden and Russ aren't changing their games; D'Antoni isn't changing the way how he operates on offense; and Morey isn't changing either. Hakeem is not some mentalist where he can change who all those people are. Out of every single team in the league, the Rockets would be the last team to utilize him properly. I honestly don't know how anyone could argue against that.

:manny:

Hakeem would be the best player in the nba

why assume that the rockets wouldn’t adjust and use him? Like how can we state that matter of factly?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
D Antonio has already proven with stat he could utilize an extremely skilled big. Capela was an unheralded raw talent who can barely dribble and is played to his strengths. But instead of falling back he will just double down with multi quotes of pure bullshyt :mjlol:

amare wasn’t even “an extremely skilled big”, but yeah

rockets have actually tried to give the ball to capela and let him go to work but he’s soft with limited skills. The rockets would absolutely NOT use Hakeem like a souped up capella

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
amare wasn’t even “an extremely skilled big”, but yeah

rockets have actually tried to give the ball to capela and let him go to work but he’s soft with limited skills. The rockets would absolutely NOT use Hakeem like a souped up capella

ALREADY EXPLAINED
BUT THE WOAT IS STILL WOATING.

HAKEEM IS THE SYSTEM.

IF YOU PUT EMBIID ON THE SIXERS RIGHT NOW
HE WOULD NOT BE RELEGATED TO A CAPELA ROLE.

YOU TALK AS IF CAPELA CAN DO ANYTHING
GREATER THAN WHAT HE ALREADY DOES.

YOURE NOT USING COMMON SENSE HERE.

YOURE PRETENDING HARDEN, RUSS & DANTONI
DONT KNOW WHAT HAKEEM PROVIDES
AND WOULDNT ADJUST.

:comeon:nikkaS LIKE WE GOT HAKEEM
BUT fukk THAT
IM ONLY GIVING HIM THE BALL ON LOBS.
:devil:
:evil:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This fool is in here doubling down on Hakeem being ineffective in today’s game and Jeremy Lin being better and more well rounded than Harden :mjlol:
Porzingis being better than Giannis and Embiid and Simmons is par for the course

@Gil Scott-Heroin

Daps
D Antonio has already proven with stat he could utilize an extremely skilled big. Capela was an unheralded raw talent who can barely dribble and is played to his strengths
That's a completely different situation.

Amar'e was NOT a post-up big (under D'Antoni), like Hakeem was
The league is more perimeter-orientated than when Ama're played for D'Antoni (teams averaged 14-18 three-point attempts per game back then; they average 34 today)
Amar'e played on a team with one main ball-handler; Harden and Russ dominate the ball more than any other duo (14+ minutes and 164 touches per game)
Morey is the demon of analytics. His approach directly opposes offenses that are centered around traditional bigs.

Y'all are just going on hope and generic he's the best player shyt, whereas I'm detailing what the situation would be.
But instead of falling back he will just double down with multi quotes of pure bullshyt :mjlol:
You only think it's bullshyt cause you don't wanna concede that I'm right.

:lolbron:
Hakeem would be the best player in the nba

why assume that the rockets wouldn’t adjust and use him? Like how can we state that matter of factly?
Because it goes against everything in reality.

These are the fact we're dealing with:

Rockets run double the volume of ISO than any other team. Double.
They rank #1 in 3-pt attempts (they’ve attempted 100+ more 3s than the 2nd-ranked team); literally half their total shot attempts are 3-pt shots
They rank 29th in post-up volume
Their big men are simply used as rim-rollers or SB floor spreaders
They use more small-ball lineups than every team
Harden and Westbrook control the ball for a combined 14+ minutes and 164 touches per game - no other duo even comes remotely close.
Morey's entire approach is all prosaic that folks believe about analytics; he wants shooters at every position, and he wants the team to shoot 3s
Harden and Westbrook have long proven that they need to dominate the ball to be effective, and they have long proven that they aren't willing to play any other sort of role.

Those are the facts.

Out of every single team in the league, the Rockets would rank dead-last in utilizing him properly.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Houston911

This is what I mean when I say folks take what I say out of context, and then others start believing this bullshyt because they can't address the actual argument.

:heh:
Your argument is stupid and convoluted. You always couch your stupidity with technicalities to make it seem like you’re not trying to say what you really mean.

Saying Hakeem would be Capela is equating their skill sets; you’re basically saying Hakeem wouldn’t be skilled enough to have an offense built around him today, which is stupid. Dantoni isn’t a great coach, but even the most casual fan should know he would give Hakeem a ton of touches and feature him prominently.

If the Rockets had Embiid he would be Capela too right? It’s a stupid, casual argument that wound only be offered by someone who doesn’t know the actual game.

Daps

They rank #1 in 3-pt attempts (they’ve attempted 100+ more 3s than the 2nd-ranked team); literally half their total shot attempts are 3-pt shots
Harden and Westbrook control the ball for a combined 14+ minutes and 164 touches per game - no other duo even comes remotely close.
Morey's entire approach is all prosaic that folks believe about analytics; he wants shooters at every position, and he wants the team to shoot 3s
Harden and Westbrook have long proven that they need to dominate the ball to be effective, and they have long proven that they aren't willing to play any other sort of role.

Those are the facts.

Out of every single team in the league, the Rockets would rank dead-last in utilizing him properly.

This isn't about Hakeem's skill or ability or how effective/ineffective he would be - this is about him being wasted on that team.

All other 29 teams would utilize him better.

Last edited:
Daps
While you're here @Squirrel from Meteor Man, why don't you address this bullshyt:

Jokic is a scrub
Luka will be a bust
Kris Middleton is better than Kawhi and would've won 3+ titles with the Spurs
Melo is better than Kawhi and would've won 3+ titles with the Spurs
Kawhi will never be a #1 option
LeBron will be exposed after the 2015 season
Warriors won't win a title with Durant
Jaylen Brown won't reach Jae Crowder's level
Dennis Smith Jr is a franchise player

:mjgrin:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
That's a completely different situation.

Amar'e was NOT a post-up big (under D'Antoni), like Hakeem was
The league is more perimeter-orientated than when Ama're played for D'Antoni (teams averaged 14-18 three-point attempts per game back then; they average 34 today)
Amar'e played on a team with one main ball-handler; Harden and Russ dominate the ball more than any other duo (14+ minutes and 164 touches per game)
Morey is the demon of analytics. His approach directly opposes offenses that are centered around traditional bigs.
Y'all are just going on hope and generic he's the best player shyt, whereas I'm detailing what the situation would be.

You only think it's bullshyt cause you don't wanna concede that I'm right.

:lolbron:

Because it goes against everything in reality.

Not

hey rank #1 in 3-pt attempts (they’ve attempted 100+ more 3s than the 2nd-ranked team); literally half their total shot attempts are 3-pt shots
Those are the facts.

Read

Daps
Dantoni isn’t a great coach, but even the most casual fan should know he would give Hakeem a ton of touches and feature him prominently.
This is how out of touch you are.

D'Antoni is only following orders from Morey and his direction of the team. They're not even running the offense that D'Antoni would like. The Rockets shoot more 3s than every other team because Morey wants them too; the Rockets are less active in the post and midrange than every other team because that's what Morey wants. Giving post-touches to traditional bigs and running the offense through there goes against what Morey believes in ("making the most efficient plays possible in order to maximize the amount of points scored per possession" / shooting 3s and layups).

Morey isn't going to change for any player if that player goes against his philosophy; he views the game purely from a mathematical standpoint.

Last edited: