2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Man what in the hell is it going to take for Colorado to turn this around? 2001 seem so long ago :to:

A lot. Losing the big 12 footprint for recruiting hurt them a lot more than they think, imo. They are going to lose out on a majority of the 2 and 3 star recruits from California that Utah, Washington, Cal, and Oregon State live off of due to their lack of facilities and just underwhelming football program.

Firing Embree before his third year though :snoop: unless they can get Gary Anderson from Utah State or Paterson from Boise State :ld:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like it, but I'm shocked the ACC is adding Louisville. Glad they are finally adding a decent football program to the conference. Now they can move GT to Atlantic division and UL to the coastal division.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I like it, but I'm shocked the ACC is adding Louisville. Glad they are finally adding a decent football program to the conference. Now they can move GT to Atlantic division and UL to the coastal division.

But there's the rumor that UVA may be headed to the B1G

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
These teams are going to be jumping all over the place

It's exciting, but confusing/overwhelming at times

Especially in the summer time. My god, the rumor mill for conferences and teams in the summer is ridiculous.

It goes like this
Nov-Dec - Coaching rumors
Jan-Feb - Recruiting rumors
Mar-April - Spring practice rumors/injuries
Summer - conference realignment, player arrests
Sep - start of the greatest time of the year

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Justin Hunter was the one getting all the hype before the season, but Patterson balled out. Who do you think will be better at the next level?

JH has the height, speed, jumping ability, route running, physicality, but gets alligator arms and drops crucial passes. He's really going to impress in the Combine with his ups and speed I think.

CP is a RIDICULOUS football player. Just insane what he does on the field. However, he has trouble in the classroom which means he's either lazy or slow, which doesn't translate well to the film room in the NFL. On top of that, he can't run routes for shyt apparently. Again, lazy or slow.
He's also only had one year of TRUE competition and play with an NFL calibre QB (say what you will about Bray, but he's got a hell of an arm). The translation from community college ball to D-1 didn't seem to slow him down, but that next big jump might prove to be a speed bump for CP.
He's still an INCREDIBLE player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him dominate wherever he goes.

That being said, whatever team gets either one of these guys is getting QUALITY talent. I think JH is going to live up to the hype of a 1st round pick. I think CP will reward a team that takes a chance on him, or be a steal for a team later in the draft.

I know that nobody asked about the guy, but I think Da'Rick Rogers is another guy that could reward a team that takes a chance on him in the Draft. Had all the physical attributes of a great WR, just couldn't keep it together off the field to stay at UT.

I wish Rogers wouldn't have gotten the boot from Dooley before the season started. Those 3 WR with Bray slinging it to them. :whew:

I mean, the worst defense in the SEC of all time ever in the history of pigskin football still would have lost all those games, but still. The potency of that offense had Rogers been there.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
They confirmed today that they're not going anywhere.

Maryland for Louisville is a fair deal.

Welcome to the fam, @MightyHealthy.

Cool, that just means Delaney is going to aim for BC....this cocksucker is hellbent on expanding that BTN

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.