2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Just like that, one of the greatest athletes in UT history, and in college football this year, has come and gone. By the time everyone realized what kind of talent Cordarrelle Patterson had, the reality hit that he would only be in orange for one year anyway. Very bittersweet to watch this guy rack up 18 yards per touch.

Dooley had no idea what to do with this guy. He's going to make a pro team very very happy.

Cordarrelle Patterson 2012 Season Highlights (Games 1-12) - YouTube

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
in general is it the money cuz the recruiting is much easier at fsu

You're right about the recruiting aspect for sure.

The money at UT is top notch, the history, boosters, involvement on all levels.

If a successful coach gets ahold of that program he will be a living breathing GOD in the state of Tennessee.

Not saying that kind of stuff wouldn't happen at FSU anyway, but the fans at Tennessee have the same passion and hunger for victory as Bama fans do now. They're dying to get their orange out and open up their wallets to pack that stadium and support the team on the road.

Not to mention the added benefits of being around a program like Tennessee. I know it sounds like a joke that writes itself, but there are a lot of perks about coming to a school like UT.

For instance, it's being rumored that Gruden is promised a piece of the Cleveland Browns franchise as a reward for coming to Tennessee. He'll be a minority owner whenever he wants to walk away from UT (on good terms obvi).

But :ohhh: at getting that official offer handed to you at an interview from a booster.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Just like that, one of the greatest athletes in UT history, and in college football this year, has come and gone. By the time everyone realized what kind of talent Cordarrelle Patterson had, the reality hit that he would only be in orange for one year anyway. Very bittersweet to watch this guy rack up 18 yards per touch.

Dooley had no idea what to do with this guy. He's going to make a pro team very very happy.

Cordarrelle Patterson 2012 Season Highlights (Games 1-12) - YouTube

Justin Hunter was the one getting all the hype before the season, but Patterson balled out. Who do you think will be better at the next level?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Brehs how do we feel about kent state in a bcs bowl?

If they win on Friday and Stanford beats ucla

Kent state will be going to the orange or sugar bowl

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nothing against Kent State, but it'll prove how everybody hates how you're only allowed 2 teams per conference in a bcs bowl game.

I agree
The thing that bothers me is that whoever loses the sec title game can't go to a bcs bowl. Winner gets to go to the national championship game loser goes to Capitol one

While Florida no disrespect to your gators are going to a bcs bowl

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I agree
The thing that bothers me is that whoever loses the sec title game can't go to a bcs bowl. Winner gets to go to the national championship game loser goes to Capitol one

While Florida no disrespect to your gators are going to a bcs bowl

I think we're more deserving than the Big East and/or ACC champ tho but point taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.