2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, they understood the situation for the most part.

Just think they are upset with the lack of recruiting, but the state of North Carolina will never be a recruiting hotbed for football, and its best in-state talent will usually opt to go to South Carolina, Georgia, Tenn., Florida, etc. because it's the SEC, exposure is better, and frankly, the competition is better. With that said, what do you think the out-of-state talent wants to do?!

The football culture is different in NC. It's a basketball state, and high school football gets thrown in the bushes. Go to more southern states and you'll see the culture is different. They play serious football damn near year round.

North Carolina's best football is in the Charlotte area, so thats a disadvantage for NC colleges in recruiting. Charlotte is closer to S.Car and Clemson than it is to the other DI schools in NC.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
TV market. Don't know how true any of these rumors flying around are, but ever since Maryland left I've been hearing about the UVA and UNC to the Big 10 too. And with VT to the SEC, NC State seems to be the other team that gets talked about going to the SEC with them. But like I said, I don't know what to believe, the past 3 or 4 season theres been all kinds of talk about teams leaving, and so far only 1 has left the ACC

As long as the acc has that aq spot to the new bowls its fine

I see why teams are leaving the big east as its now just a c-USA, Mac etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk breh!

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Money is a big issue too. You can make more bread in the B1G,BIG XII and SEC. Maryland is going to be cakin in the B1G

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I guess they thought this year was gonna be their year :yeshrug:

Yeah, in pre-season he said this was the best group he's had...yadda, yadda...

But TOB is a stand up dude.

NC State is ready to go national in football, although Yow is saying she only at least wants Top 20-25 placement yearly, but I dunno if that's in the cards...especially in the weak ACC when FSU and Clem are the only national, semi-national teams.

Aside from tough OOC scheduling, there's little room to make national noise. You gotta win the early OOC, primetime matchups when you are the ACC in football...and you have to beat FSU or Clem. The conference hangs its hat on those two teams. Maybe one of the revolving door of teams that will play Notre Dame can get a win.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Money is a big issue too. You can make more bread in the B1G,BIG XII and SEC. Maryland is going to be cakin in the B1G

Somewhat

The Big 12 has reportedly agreed to a new deal with ESPN and Fox, said to be worth a combined $2.6 million over 13 years, or about $200 million annually. It’s a smaller annual value than the ACC’s deal, though when split among the Big 12′s ten teams it is worth $20 million per conference member, a cool $3 million more than each ACC school will take home. The Pac-12′s $2.7 billion TV deal takes effect next season and pays $225 million annually, or about $19 million per team. So why did the ACC agree to less per school, especially after offering ESPN a host of expanded rights

This is mainly the reason why
However buy out fees are no joke

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
TV market. Don't know how true any of these rumors flying around are, but ever since Maryland left I've been hearing about the UVA and UNC to the Big 10 too. And with VT to the SEC, NC State seems to be the other team that gets talked about going to the SEC with them. But like I said, I don't know what to believe, the past 3 or 4 season theres been all kinds of talk about teams leaving, and so far only 1 has left the ACC

I live in Ohio and all the rumors here say Virginia and UNC to the Big Ten as well. They fit the conference blue print of big state schools that belong to the AAU and already border current Big Ten states.

Status
Not open for further replies.