2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Speaking of offenses...does anyone still use the Run-n-Shoot?

I know Indiana did a few years ago....until they got Kevin Wilson from OU.

Pretty sure SMU is the only one right now. Thank God for June Jones, as he's really the only person keeping that offense around at the moment. It'd be nice if there were more teams running it. Love that offense.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
:ooh:
also kevin kolb:ahh:

but who really knows what type of offense delaware, harvard, miami of ohio, virginia, eastern illinois, vanderbilt, boston college used to run?

I'm pretty sure Miami of Ohio was spread when Rothlisberger was there...not certain though...but I feel like Kiper or some draft guru at the time was wondering whether or not he would adjust to being under center...although I could be way wrong...that was a long time ago and I have a crappy memory.

Delaware ran the spread when Flacco was there...back then I was covering Northern Iowa football...and I remember that playoff game between Delaware and UNI and Flacco was def in the spread

Matt Ryan wasn't spread at BC

the others I'm not sure

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Basically all you need to do is look at the difference between high school and college, and college and the NFL. Lotta guys BEAST in high school...but get to college and don't pan out and ride the bench. Same thing happens from college to NFL. Everything shakes itself out.

It's no so much as speed alone, as it is just overall awareness and getting to the right places on the field, and players make decisions FASTER.

There's ppl in the NFL that aren't very fast, but know their assignments. There's probably plenty of LB's faster than London Fletcher at this point, but he knows where to be at to involve himself in every play.

london fletcher wasn't even drafted and is undersized :wow:
and same with urlacher, ray lewis, or dbs like woodson, barber, bailey, how you react how you tackle up your smarts etc.

there are a bunch of guys who run 4.3,4.4 but are like chickens with their head cuts off

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm pretty sure Miami of Ohio was spread when Rothlisberger was there...not certain though...but I feel like Kiper or some draft guru at the time was wondering whether or not he would adjust to being under center...although I could be way wrong...that was a long time ago and I have a crappy memory.

Delaware ran the spread when Flacco was there...back then I was covering Northern Iowa football...and I remember that playoff game between Delaware and UNI and Flacco was def in the spread

Matt Ryan wasn't spread at BC

the others I'm not sure

daps looking at tony romo college numbers wouldnt be shocked if eastern illionis ran the spread as well

2002 | Eastern Illinois Panthers Football Statistics and Results | Totalfootballstats.com

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
ducks are going to cover...

This will be my first perfect sat. betting of the year.. :ahh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You're smarter than this. The Box Score does not tell the whole story. For one, that Auburn Pass D was really bad, so of course he threw for some yards...hell, I coulda threw for some yards on that secondary. But as far as running, he made wrong decision after wrong decision. Kept when he shoulda gave, gave when he shoulda kept, and didn't know what he was doing when he did keep.

You're right about one thing: Auburn won the game in the trenches (well, namely Fairley), but Thomas' indecision certainly helped.

bruh, why must you always hate on the SEC.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
so you concede the point

speed is equalized by the hashmarks

i study the game gizzle :yeshrug:

No. You are a moron for not acknowledging that there is a literal filtering system to get faster players into the nfl. Thus, the nfl is full of faster players than the nfl...regardless of any equalizer

Sent from Seattle, by way of Ann Arbor, on Tapatalk: The Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.