Status
Not open for further replies.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
No you won't you wouldn't see the spread in the NFL at the same frequency because of the speed of defense is the same reason you don't see the triple option to a lesser extent. When I say a trick offense i don't mean that it's illegitimate or anything. read the Edit I added to that post

Sent from Seattle, by way of Ann Arbor, on Tapatalk: The Remix

the shorter hashes make the field shorter, which gives the illusion of faster defenses

its easy to say fast defenses but the offenses are just as fast, when you have more field to work with you can run more plays

IE in highschool the hashes are even wider and allow for even more ridiculous horizontal plays

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
where do you think dude in the huddle gets his plays from :aicmon:

in college QBs arent likely to have Peyton Mannings field vision so spread or proset the OC and the sideline help is doing alot of that regardless the down or distance

hell, Spread WRs are >>>> proset WRs by alot

they are taught option routes in college and the QBs are taught to just throw to the openings in the zone and expect WRs to get there

WRs in the airraid will make presnap reads instead of the QB

when run right(IE WVU, OKSt, Leach teams) its damn near unstoppable...fwiw people dont like this but Tom Brady does the same thing :whoo:

you think i dont know that? :laugh:
im not gon compare college to the NFL cause thats silly and not the point of this discussion (name me a probowl QB that came out of a college spread tho :lolbron: )
i personally like under the center football to be better than shotgun ball. dont get me wrong it's nice but every play outta shotgun doesn't amuse me like that.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
im not gon compare college to the NFL cause thats silly and not the point of this discussion (name me a probowl QB that came out of a college spread tho :lolbron: )
i personally like under the center football to be better than shotgun ball. dont get me wrong it's nice but every play outta shotgun doesn't amuse me like that.

6Uo4V.png

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:manny: Geno is great so far, he's a legit pocket passer even apart from the spread. :bow: I hope he does throw for that much.

But stop acting like every QB who throws for those kinda yards out of a spread offense keeps it up the whole year :shaq2:

Oregon hasnt played anyone thats hit them back yet. :manny: Sall I'm sayin. And have they even left the Northwest?

oregons last true loss on the road not counting neutral cites was in 2009

they have no problem travelling breh

i never said every spread qb keeps it up, crummy ass spread qbs get exposed when they face a good defense aka seth doege today against oklahoma,

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the shorter hashes make the field shorter, which gives the illusion of faster defenses

its easy to say fast defenses but the offenses are just as fast, when you have more field to work with you can run more plays

IE in highschool the hashes are even wider and allow for even more ridiculous horizontal plays

lol. Come on Lambo you know for a god damn fact that NFL defensive players are faster than college defensive players. In fact, theyre fast enough....get this...... to make the NFL!

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
lol. Come on Lambo you know for a god damn fact that NFL defensive players are faster than college defensive players. In fact, theyre fast enough....get this...... to make the NFL!

on that same tangent

NFL offensive players are faster than college offensive players :beli:

im telling you...it isnt the scheme

its the hashes..its taking 3-4 yards off various runs/routes and blocking schemes

its a huge difference when youre drawing up plays

next time the steelers play take a look at the wider hashes compared to the shorter ones used in the NFL its huge

EDIT even still, if you watch the Patriots and the Packers...its all airraid concepts...hell watch Carolina and tell me you dont see the obvious Auburn run plays..hell they run the denard QB HB leadrun that michigan does

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I have no real problem with spread offense is my problem personally is when coaches think it can turn crappy teams into great teams by simply running a trick offense like a spread. Word to Mike Leach and Richard rod, their whole careers is this. All because you can win 10 games and win at home with a crappy oline and a half assed quarterback doesn't mean you should or that you're really legit...

That the point breh. You gotta work with the talent you get.

Win or get fired...you could run a traditional offense and win 4games a year & no bowl game, or run a spread and win 9 games and get a decent bowl game.

And, along the way, occasionally you luck up and land a Michael Crabtree, or a Wes Welker, or a Danny Amedola, etc who are NFL caliber.

Hell pay me 900K a year and I'll run the gimmicky of the gimmickiest offense I can think of. :skip:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
on that same tangent

NFL offensive players are faster than college offensive players :beli:

im telling you...it isnt the scheme

its the hashes..its taking 3-4 yards off various runs/routes and blocking schemes

its a huge difference when youre drawing up plays

next time the steelers play take a look at the wider hashes compared to the shorter ones used in the NFL its huge

MMs I really want you to use logic here. The NFL combine is a system to weed out players who excel in college who are not fast enough or strong enough to play in the NFL. For that reason alone NFL players are faster then college players. I don't know why you don't see this. :mindblown:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

look at the draft this year, weeden, griffin, foles all came out of spread type offenses

alot of qbs that run the spread offense are undersized and dont even get a shot at the next level, but hey it works in college so :ehh:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
the average speed of most NFL linebackers is 4.6 or worse Gizzle

look up the numbers, its the hashes breh...most folks just dont pay attention to that aspect of the game but its true

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
outta how many and how's he been doing lately? spread QBs dont really do shyt in the NFL

how many spread qbs have been drafted in the past few years?
not alot

but this year in the first few rounds you had griffin, weeden and foles

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the average speed of most NFL linebackers is 4.6 or worse Gizzle

look up the numbers, its the hashes breh...most folks just dont pay attention to that aspect of the game but its true

You are wrong. every NFL rookie ever has talked about how the other side of the ball is faster than they're used to. I can't believe I'm even having this argument.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Speaking of offenses...does anyone still use the Run-n-Shoot?

I know Indiana did a few years ago....until they got Kevin Wilson from OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.