2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
FreedS[ohh]lave;1738226 said:
Can they really tun it down your throat and run the clock out if they up a few points with a few minutes to go?

I don't see why not. Their strength is actually their running game it just so happens the running backs are very, very, fast. The fact that the running backs are quick and fast doesn't mean that they aren't good or somehow finesse whatever that means.

Edit: by back"S" i meant in the past few years including now

Sent from Seattle, by way of Ann Arbor, on Tapatalk: The Remix

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Um, you do realize that if Darron Thomas was a halfway competent QB, they woulda beat Auburn rather handily right? Dude fukked up at every turn, and still the game came down to the final seconds. And that Auburn team beat Alabama that year too.

This Oregon team >>>> that Oregon team, and you can bet that Saban knows it (see: my above post about him bytching about the No Huddle). Dude already got the excuses on deck.

:rudy: you act like Auburn wasnt running their O at will for the majority of that game, a few untimely turnovers made that game closer than it should have been

Auburn controlled that game on BOTH sides of the ball and everyone who watched saw that

i dont know if Oregon would beat Alabama this year, but if they got early success, Alabama is not built to climb back from a deficit :ehh:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
:scusthov:

images

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
i think alabama might slip up once whether it be reg season or sec champ game.

and am i the only one who doesnt like watching oregon games? they just arent that exciting to me :manny:

I'll put it this way I went to the Washington State versus Oregon game and we left as soon as we covered the spread of our bet, in the fourth quarter. It's just because they have been beating everybody's ass. They haven't had too much competition and by that I don't mean the teams they face of been bad I just mean that they have been much better lol. They also have been blowing teams out in the first quarter and holding those leads by controlling the running game. The score quick and then just 123 and kick thru the rest of the game or specially in the second and third quarters

Edit: LOL look at that stat Chip Kelly is 31 - 0 when he leads at the half. That is why Oregon can be boring hahaha

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Chip better not take his foot off the gas on O, and go into prevent on D, in the second half..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't see why not. Their strength is actually their running game it just so happens the running backs are very, very, fast. The fact that the running backs are quick and fast doesn't mean that they aren't good or somehow finesse whatever that means.

Edit: by back"S" i meant in the past few years including now

oregon is 6th in rushing and im sure a few teams ahead of them are those triple option types like navy, air force and georgia tech

if folks actually watched oregon game this year, colt lyerla their tight end 6'5 238 has run the ball so yes if needed in a big game they have that big bruiser.

kenyon barner is also not afraid to run it inside

just because their backs arent like 5'11 220 like all of lsu backs doesnt mean there scared of contact or anything

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
:rudy: you act like Auburn wasnt running their O at will for the majority of that game, a few untimely turnovers made that game closer than it should have been

Auburn controlled that game on BOTH sides of the ball and everyone who watched saw that

i dont know if Oregon would beat Alabama this year, but if they got early success, Alabama is not built to climb back from a deficit :ehh:

lol, I was waiting for you to pipe up. Darron Thomas played probably the worst game of his life (which is saying something, cause he was/is trash), and they STILL almost won. Y'all didn't control shyt. Just be happy with your Crystal Ball and keep it moving.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Chip better not take his foot off the gas on O, and go into prevent on D, in the second half..

what i learned from betting on oregon is just to take the 1st half spread, or 1st quarter spread if you did you'd have been 5/6 so far on this year

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
i think alabama might slip up once whether it be reg season or sec champ game.

and am i the only one who doesnt like watching oregon games? they just arent that exciting to me :manny:

:dwillhuh: they have some of the most exciting players in the nation

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
lol, I was waiting for you to pipe up. Darron Thomas played probably the worst game of his life (which is saying something, cause he was/is trash), and they STILL almost won. Y'all didn't control shyt. Just be happy with your Crystal Ball and keep it moving.

:what: keep nothin nikka

darron thomas had a GREAT game, Nick Fairley just had a BETTER one

:facepalm:

Auburn Tigers vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - January 10, 2011 - ESPN

he only had one bad pick, and the other one was a tip.. stop with your bullshyt revisionist history

Oregon skill players played their hearts out in that game, it was in the trenches on both sides that Auburn won that game and never lost control

also

S7zoZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.