2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
Yo what is up with this nikka Chris Brossaud and his sources

The Lakers and Magic have been in talks over Howard for the last week or so, sources told ESPN The Magazine‘s Chris Broussard, but nothing is imminent.

From NBA.com

I saw this and couldnt help but :gladbron: :snoop:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
This is an Asian dude with an economics degree from Harvard...dude wants to get paid. Ultimately I don't think he has a problem playing in Houston, considering where his career was a year ago, getting sent back and forth from the D-league and the Golden State bench.

Having an economics degree allows him to be exempt from making bad decisions?

Jeremy Lin still wants to be a Knick, according to a source with knowledge of the player’s thinking.

“He did not see this happening,” Peter Diepenbrock, Lin’s coach at Palo Alto (Calif.) High School, told Yahoo! Sports. “He sounded surprised. He loves the New York fans. To have the experience that he had for the two months and for that to be over with, that’s quite a shock to the system. I think he really believed the Knicks would match whatever offer he got.”

The Knicks have not decided whether to match Lin’s back-loaded three-year, $25 million offer sheet from Houston.

Matching the offer to Lin could cost the Knicks $43.4 million in luxury tax penalties for the 2014-15 season.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222364/Lin_Hopes_For_Return_To_Knicks_Luxury_Tax_Bill_Could_Hit_$43M#ixzz20vwWR4fB

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having an economics degree allows him to be exempt from making bad decisions?

Jeremy Lin still wants to be a Knick, according to a source with knowledge of the player’s thinking.

“He did not see this happening,” Peter Diepenbrock, Lin’s coach at Palo Alto (Calif.) High School, told Yahoo! Sports. “He sounded surprised. He loves the New York fans. To have the experience that he had for the two months and for that to be over with, that’s quite a shock to the system. I think he really believed the Knicks would match whatever offer he got.”

The Knicks have not decided whether to match Lin’s back-loaded three-year, $25 million offer sheet from Houston.

Matching the offer to Lin could cost the Knicks $43.4 million in luxury tax penalties for the 2014-15 season.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222364/Lin_Hopes_For_Return_To_Knicks_Luxury_Tax_Bill_Could_Hit_$43M#ixzz20vwWR4fB

You grossly overreacting to that shyt. How does getting a significant bump in pay = a bad decision?

I don't doubt that he wanted to be a Knick, but acting like that was his TOP priority is absurd. His Top priority was to get paid. If he valued being a Knick above all else he would have taken whatever deal the knicks offered and wouldn't have even tested free agency.

If anybodies bluff got called it was the Knicks by Houston.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Kupchak met with new Orlando General Manager Rob Hennigan on Tuesday in Las Vegas, but it was termed more of a get-acquainted meeting. After all, Kupchak talked with Hennigan the previous day . . . and the day before that . . . and . . . hasn't everybody heard this all before? Orlando wants any trade partner to absorb more players than just Howard, but the Lakers have no interest in also acquiring forward Hedo Turkoglu, 33, who has two more years and a weighty $23.8 million on his contract.

As @AlexKennedyNBA, Rush worked out today as the Lakers looked on. Los Angeles GM Mitch Kupchak, looking to overhaul his anemic bench, would love to add Rush to the fold. The Warriors need someone who can come in and get buckets, as well as play some defense. But the Lakers only have the mini-midlevel to offer, meaning any offer sheet Rush would sign the Lakers would have to start at $3 million. Fair to say the Warriors would love for Rush to sign an offer sheet with the Lakers. No doubt, if Rush came to the Warriors right now looking for a deal starting at $3 million, Warriors GM Bob Myers would jump at it. Golden State isn’t in a rush to sign Rush. It’s not that they don’t want him, but just Myers playing ball. The risk is very low, however, and if everything works out, the Warriors could end up getting a discount.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Yo what is up with this nikka Chris Brossaud and his sources

The Lakers and Magic have been in talks over Howard for the last week or so, sources told ESPN The Magazine‘s Chris Broussard, but nothing is imminent.

From NBA.com

I saw this and couldnt help but :gladbron: :snoop:

i dont even know whats real anymore between the account on here or his actual twitter

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Lets all :heh: together at Kupchek (sp.?) for thinking he can get dwight with no first rounders .. and not taking back a bad contract or two from Orlando.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets all :heh: together at Kupchek (sp.?) for thinking he can get dwight with no first rounders .. and not taking back a bad contract or two from Orlando.

:shaq2:

Mitch is willing to take on a bad contract, just not Hedo's. Its' been widely reported that Mitch is willing to take on a J-Rich (to have him back up Kobe). It's also obvious the Lakers are trying to use third team to get picks and take on Hedo's dumb ass contract.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Mitch is willing to take on a bad contract, just not Hedo's. Its' been widely reported that Mitch is willing to take on a J-Rich (to have him back up Kobe). It's also obvious the Lakers are trying to use third team to get picks and take on Hedo's dumb ass contract.

Can Orlando use the amnesty on Hedo?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can Orlando use the amnesty on Hedo?

They already used it on Gilbert Arenas and his retarded ass contract. Each team can only Amnesty one player and it has to be a player that was on the roster BEFORE the lockout.

One thing people forget about Hedo's contract though is the final year isn't guaranteed.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Makes no sense .. cause JRich has three more fully guaranteed years left on his contract, and Hedo has this year guaranteed with the following year, able to be bought out for 6 milly.

I;m not saying you're wrong.. I just dont think Kupchek makes sense if thats his train of thinking.