2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
If the Nets stay healthy the next 3 years..

Williams/Watson/Taylor
Johnson/Brooks
Wallace/Teletovic
Humphries/Evans
Lopez/Williams

:mjpls:

4fu160.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everybody talks about lin costing the knicks 35-40 mil in the last year of his contract, but nobody mentions amare costing the knicks 45-50 mil during that same year

Nicca he's a proven player who without we wouldn't have melo and Made the playoffs . The knicks aren't hurting for money lin didn't want to be here . 35 games >>>> career ??? fukk out of here

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nicca he's a proven player who without we wouldn't have melo and Made the playoffs . The knicks aren't hurting for money lin didn't want to be here . 35 games >>>> career ??? fukk out of here

I'm one of the biggest Lin detractors online

Lin is a cash cow, that's all I was saying

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
everybody talks about lin costing the knicks 35-40 mil in the last year of his contract, but nobody mentions amare costing the knicks 45-50 mil during that same year
at least Amare is a good player

but that is terrible

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's some petty bullshyt right there.....

Knicks is on some "We made you bullshyt".

I'm as critical of Lin as anybody but the Knicks fukked this up WAY more than he did. As a Player you gotta worry about yourself first and Lin (who was damn near broke earlier this year) needed to get as much paper as he could.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn they treated lin like a nikka

They thought he was gonna be one some model minority type shyt. :yeshrug:

What Lin did was fukking smart, the general public is in Lin's corner, but if a Black Player did the same thing those same people would be raising hell.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
They thought he was gonna be one some model minority type shyt. :yeshrug:

What Lin did was fukking smart, the general public is in Lin's corner, but if a Black Player did the same thing those same people would be raising hell.

Nah its a stupid move if his intentions was to remain in NY..

Now he signed an offer sheet for a team that he had no intention of playing for..

You can only call his actions "smart" if he was solely after the largest contract regardless of what team offered it..

I shall call him an idiot..

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah its a stupid move if his intentions was to remain in NY..

Now he signed an offer sheet for a team that he had no intention of playing for..

You can only call his actions "smart" if he was solely after the largest contract regardless of what team offered it..

I shall call him an idiot..

His top priority was obviously getting paid. If he just wanted to play for the Knicks he would have just accepted whatever previous offers they made him (which was surely more than he was getting before). He would have preferred to have gotten that kind of money from the Knicks but they didn't want to pay him.

You can't spend all year talking about how Valuable someone is to you and how you'll do anything to keep them and then turn around and lowball them during negotiations....."fukk you, Pay me!!"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say this about the Knicks though, at least they drew a line in the sand. A lot of other teams would have gave Lin whatever he wanted and then complained about it a year later. Nobody is putting a gun to anybodies head an making teams offer or match these contracts.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
His top priority was obviously getting paid. If he just wanted to play for the Knicks he would have just accepted whatever previous offers they made him (which was surely more than he was getting before). He would have preferred to have gotten that kind of money from the Knicks but they didn't want to pay him.

You can't spend all year talking about how Valuable someone is to you and how you'll do anything to keep them and then turn around and lowball them during negotiations....."fukk you, Pay me!!"

He wanted to remain a Knick and ran with the "...we will match anything up to a Billion" statement.

Decided to go out and shop himself and found a suitor in the Rockets. He just needed a team to create a market value for him. He wouldve signed an offer sheet with the Bobcats if they offered. Well he fell victim of his own hype and signed with Houston sat back like :smugdraper: expecting NY to match anything thrown at him..

NY basically called his bluff...

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
He wanted to remain a Knick and ran with the "...we will match anything up to a Billion" statement.

Decided to go out and shop himself and found a suitor in the Rockets. He just needed a team to create a market value for him. He wouldve signed an offer sheet with the Bobcats if they offered. Well he fell victim of his own hype and signed with Houston sat back like :smugdraper: expecting NY to match anything thrown at him..

NY basically called his bluff...

This is an Asian dude with an economics degree from Harvard...dude wants to get paid. Ultimately I don't think he has a problem playing in Houston, considering where his career was a year ago, getting sent back and forth from the D-league and the Golden State bench.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an Asian dude with an economics degree from Harvard...dude wants to get paid. Ultimately I don't think he has a problem playing in Houston, considering where his career was a year ago, getting sent back and forth from the D-league and the Golden State bench.

Pretty much..

Lin isn't sweating not playing in NY. Dude wasn't making even HALF of what the Rockets are going to give him. I find it hard to believe he's in any way upset.