2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody saying the Nets can't make the playoffs in the EAST as currently constructed is fukking stupid. I think people are grossly underestimating Joe Johnson's game because of his obscene contract.

Nets got the arguably the best backcount in the league right now and a halfway decent frontcout if they get Mr. Kardashian back.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Luis Scola has been officially released today via the amnesty clause by Rockets, sources with knowledge of the move tell ESPN

the bulls should amnesty boozer and pick up scola.

to at least put forth some effort.

art barr

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I'mma say is this:

When Portland matches, (not if, when. Portland's just entertaining this to fukk with us. We're just too pot committed to go away) I just hope our other possible targets didn't go away. That would hurt if they do, because yeah Minny would have $15 mil in cap space (before Roy/Shved), but then nobody to really spend it on besides small time players. It would be a kill shot to the offseason because it pins everything on 2 things.

1. Rubio's knee healing up (I can live with this)

2. Derrick Williams coming back slimmer, better, and overnight, turning into a SF (this I'd hate to bank on).

seems like batum is pretty set on wanting to play for the wolves and wolves want him, but portland is definitely going to match, so who would the wolves have to give up to get that sign and trade? I'm guessing d williams?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
seems like batum is pretty set on wanting to play for the wolves and wolves want him, but portland is definitely going to match, so who would the wolves have to give up to get that sign and trade? I'm guessing d williams?

I think the S&T stuff is out the window. That's why they made the offer sheet set for Sunday.

It dramatically hurts any chance of getting Iggy, that's for sure.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11-12 season was the transition to a whole different team dikk eater thats what i ment :aicmon:

marshon a rookie and got wallace the last 20 or somethin games? he is a new addition that wasnt really trying to play when we were already out of the playoffs and dwill who went a whole season with out lopez basically and the rest of our players getting injured that arent even on the team now

everyone else is new unless we resign hump :leostare: stop trolling

:comeon::why::pacspit: just admit you wrong trying to rationalize why you were trash last year . I can give you reasons why the Knicks struggled too yet we made the playoffs

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the S&T stuff is out the window. That's why they made the offer sheet set for Sunday.

It dramatically hurts any chance of getting Iggy, that's for sure.

well, that sucks

i think i could have said that this wolves team would have done if everyone improved this year, was healthy and kept beasely and darko with both of them playing near their potential. but now its just a lot of investments onto nicola, ricky and derrick being healthy and ready to play solid seasons. not to mention that the bench is eh, at best.

whats the outlook on aleksey shved kid? is he the russian 6'6" russel westbrook as people are secretly hoping out here for him to be?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifNQNxRipM"]Alexey Shved between the legs dunk - YouTube[/ame]

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
well, that sucks

i think i could have said that this wolves team would have done if everyone improved this year, was healthy and kept beasely and darko with both of them playing near their potential. but now its just a lot of investments onto nicola, ricky and derrick being healthy and ready to play solid seasons. not to mention that the bench is eh, at best.

whats the outlook on aleksey shved kid? is he the russian 6'6" russel westbrook as people are secretly hoping out here for him to be?

Alexey Shved between the legs dunk - YouTube

They improved their backcourt depth and SF. It's PF and C that they gotta shore up. I think Shved can come in and play decently.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
11-12 season was the transition to a whole different team dikk eater thats what i ment :aicmon:

marshon a rookie and got wallace the last 20 or somethin games? he is a new addition that wasnt really trying to play when we were already out of the playoffs and dwill who went a whole season with out lopez basically and the rest of our players getting injured that arent even on the team now

everyone else is new unless we resign hump :leostare: stop trolling

cosign,....

i can not see how someone did not see the nets, purposefull tanked the last few season.

they tanked and hid their roster.

a little different than what seattle/okc did,...to blow up their team on purpose.

as a matter of fact seattle should have kept:

lewis
rey rey

they could have had a finals nba ship type roster, before they moved to okc.

they could have had flip at pg, and durant at the three or four.

they just tanked for the move.

same as the nets, except the nets did it a little different.

art barr

same end result,....

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
GYI0063114436_crop_450x500.jpg

General Manager Billy King said a deal with Humphries was “close,” but added, “It’s a process.” He also confirmed that the Nets were working on a deal with Jerry Stackhouse, the veteran guard. Summarizing Billy King today: Nets likely to re-sign Humphries, still looking for veteran backup point guard, small forward and center. : I hear the Nets have offered Humphries $20M over two seasons or $26M over 3 seasons. At that price, he's likely in Brooklyn.
smh how the fukk does the Nets have this much money to spend? I thought they were way over the cap and couldn't add anyone except signing dudes for the league minimum?

439x.jpg

Minnesota Timberwolves finally have set a deadline for their dogged pursuit of Trail Blazers restricted free agent Nicolas Batum: 2 p.m. Sunday. That's when David Kahn, Minnesota's president of basketball operations, says his team will sign Batum to a reported four-year, $46.5 million offer sheet.

Throwback1.jpg

The Knicks are “unhappy’’ about a change in the terms of the Rockets’ offer sheet for Jeremy Lin, according to an NBA source, after the offer was bumped to $25 million guaranteed over three years. Despite their anger, the Knicks still are expected to match it in the next three days. That doesn’t mean they are thrilled with their point-guard prodigy, who has a resume of 26 games with starter’s minutes. The Knicks played hardball with Lin from the start, and Lin and his agents went right back at the Knicks. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey stuck it to the Knicks, too, as the ramped-up offer sheet calls for a bump in the third year of the contract to $14.9 million from the previously offered $9.3 million, which will hurt owner James Dolan badly in luxury-tax ramifications.

jj-hickson-on-deandre-210x312.jpg

J.J. Hickson has agreed to a one-year contract with Portland, league source

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
smh how the fukk does the Nets have this much money to spend? I thought they were way over the cap and couldn't add anyone except signing dudes for the league minimum?

theyre resigning guys that they have the bird rights for

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nah breh it's haywood pause or Oden

darkwing duck will do more in limited time than brendan frasierwood.

oden could be a better health gamble than curry.

spo is so inept and now has a title.

so he will continue with his minimum coaching pedigree that got him a title.

so if i was the heat i would not sign oden either.

as curry and howard's minutes or lack of play is indicstive of what spo will do.

it would be like throwin money in the wind.

yet, personally in the rare case of oden.

since i wanna see him do well.

i think an environment where he got to sit for no reason till he was rrally ready.

like how juwan and eddy sat for not reason.

would be cool, as it allows oden time to ramp up.

then after he ramps up,..oden, could easily be an effective asset for cheap.

art barr