2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The thing with Derrick is this. I think people are harsh regarding Derrick. I think people are putting the bust label on him too early. I think he's gonna be really good. That said, nobody really values Derrick that highly around the league. Part of it is because they're down on his game too. The other part is because the worst kept secret is that Derrick's not a SF and people know they'll be able to get him for cheap later and play him at PF. It's unfortunate, and it sucks that BPA burned us like this, but shyt happens.

I understand that Love doesn't feel appreciated, but what does Love want? If he wants Kahn gone, fine. But I can remember nobody wanting to be the Wolves' GM, and that was with a younger Kevin Love on the team and more assets than you can think of.

I don't think he's a natural SF, but I think with the way Love's game is starting to evolve you can get away with playing him at the 3 if he can just defend the position. He's athletic enough to do it, that is what has always stopped a lot of 4s from converting to 3, they just aren't athletic enough to guard the perimeter. Outside of the obvious big 3 (LeBron, KD, Melo) I think he could defend SFs if he dropped some weight.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don't think he's a natural SF, but I think with the way Love's game is starting to evolve you can get away with playing him at the 3 if he can just defend the position. He's athletic enough to do it, that is what has always stopped a lot of 4s from converting to 3, they just aren't athletic enough to guard the perimeter. Outside of the obvious big 3 (LeBron, KD, Melo) I think he could defend SFs if he dropped some weight.

Part of why he had such problems as a SF is because he had no lateral movement.

He's doing his part to lose weight though. He's down to 233 pounds and wants to get down to 225. He's chillin in Spain with Rubio before he goes back to Summer League. That is if we don't trade him by then.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Orlando Summer League gets underway tomorrow at 11 a.m. The first game on the schedule? Nets vs. Magic. You can't make this stuff up.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

He's doing his part to lose weight though. He's down to 233 pounds and wants to get down to 225. He's chillin in Spain with Rubio before he goes back to Summer League. That is if we don't trade him by then.

he's stuck in the same position beasley jeff green was sf or pf

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Considering how much he improved from his freshman year in college, I wouldn't put it past him to be able to make the jump to SF. With Love floating out to the perimeter so much now he could be exactly what you need.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
he's stuck in the same position beasley jeff green was sf or pf

I disagree. I don't think he's a tweener at all. I don't look at him and see SF.

speaking of, he needs to do something about his jump shot. He's fukking with his mechanics and it showed because his form is awful.

Considering how much he improved from his freshman year in college, I wouldn't put it past him to be able to make the jump to SF. With Love floating out to the perimeter so much now he could be exactly what you need.

And I haven't given up on him as a player. If they don't trade him, he has every opportunity to show and prove since he's the one who wanted to play SF. I wouldn't turn down a trade involving him that would get us Iguodala, but I'm conscious enough to not wanna give him away for someone like Pau Gasol. I want him to succeed because if he does, those are 4 starters, 3 of them under the age of 23 (the other being Pekovic at 26.)

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I disagree. I don't think he's a tweener at all. I don't look at him and see SF.

speaking of, he needs to do something about his jump shot. He's fukking with his mechanics and it showed because his form is awful.

I agree, but his team thinks he's a SF