2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
rubio-love.jpg

In an interview with Yahoo! Sports, Love urged Minnesota's management to acquire the necessary talent to make the franchise a contender. If the Timberwolves don't start winning this season, Love isn't sure how long he'll want to be a part of Minnesota's future. "My patience is not high," Love said. "Would yours be, especially when I'm a big proponent of greatness surrounding itself with greatness? All these [Team USA] guys seem to have great players around them. "It's tough seeing all these guys that are young and older who have all played in the playoffs. When they start talking about that, I have nothing to talk about. If I don’t make the playoffs next year I don’t know what will happen."

jjfor3vshawks.jpg

Lost in all this news today is that the Magic have not waived and will not waive @JJ Redikk before the 11:59 p.m. deadline. Redikk will remain under contract w/the #Orlando #Magic for about $6.1 million. He could still be traded at some point.

GYI0063879108_crop_450x500.jpg

Grizzlies will sign Darrell Arthur to 2 yr deal (w/ 3rd yr option) - deal worth $9-10 mil total

l111806-2.jpg

Jordan Hill's agent says a decision "could be finalized tonight or it could be a few more weeks." Hill's agent says no decision made, despite Jordan's vague "I made my decision" tweet yesterday. Maybe he meant flapjacks over waffles. Jordan Hill's agent says Wolves "absolutely" still in hunt for his client, in a group of teams that's "getting smaller by the day".

hamed_haddadi_mike_conley.jpg

Hamed Haddadi: “@No_1GrizzFan: are you coming back to the Grizzlies next season #haddadisundays” hope so. Memphis is my home + my family

GYI0063145315_crop_450x500.jpg

The Sacramento Kings can mark off their top priority in free agency. They have reached an agreement with restricted free-agent power forward Jason Thompson, who can sign the contract Wednesday. "We're really excited about where we are with negotiations," Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said Sunday. "And it's our intention to enter into a player contract once the moratorium ends." Petrie could not discuss contract specifics, per league rules. But it is believed to be a multiyear deal that will pay Thompson about $6 million in the first season, approximately $1.5 million more than he would have earned if he played under his one-year qualifying offer.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
Heat interested in free agent PG John Lucas III, sources tell ESPN. Story will be posted soon.
Kevin Love to the Bulls in 2 years :shaq: