2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Toronto Raptors know exactly what they want out of the 2012 NBA draft: An established, athletic wing man. And that's why the Raptors have already made it known to rival teams that their lottery pick on June 28 -- No. 8 overall -- is available to a trade partner that can provide the elite small forward they seek, according to sources close to the situation. With a slew of league execs having converged on Chicago this week for the NBA's annual pre-draft camp, sources told ESPN.com that the Raptors have at least two known trade targets: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay and Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala.
As I reported recently, the Nets aren't interested in a S&T for Gasol. Bynum is entering the final year of his contract
Veteran point guard Jose Calderon (who possesses an expiring contract in 2012-13) and young big man Ed Davis are among the players that the Raptors would conceivably be willing to put into a trade package.
The Lakers would be equally eager to see Williams across the street next season, walking to Staples Center and performing in a Lakers uniform. And with a little less than a month before he becomes an unrestricted free agent, the New Jersey Nets point guard told The Times he hasn't "closed any windows" on where he'd play for in the 2011-12 season. As far as the Lakers are concerned, Williams appeared well aware that the Lakers' payroll is limited. "I know they don't have any money to just go out and sign me," Williams said. "It'll have to be some kind of deal."
Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts.
Ex-Knick Matt Barnes could be intriguing FA for #Knicks. An asset off the bench, does a bit of everything. Not a given LA will re-sign him.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
what would they want if we'd take on one of those salaries?

They mostly just want to get rid of either Ariza or Okefor for now mostly for cap relief as I think they will continue there rebuilding for the squad and I believe try the Thunder method and they would be hard pressed to match any Gordon offers if they don't end up getting rid of Ariza or Okafor's contract for the most part. So, there are no reports on what they want, but I don't think they really wouldn't care much as long as they free up some cap space getting rid of Ariza or Okefor and will probably trade and try to get rid of Kaman as well.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They mostly just want to get rid of either Ariza or Okefor for now mostly for cap relief as I think they will continue there rebuilding for the squad and I believe try the Thunder method and they would be hard pressed to match any Gordon offers, if they don't end up getting rid of Ariza or Okafor's contract for the most part.

If cap relief is what they want, my team got $15 mil in free money that nobody's gonna take in free agency. shyt, Okafor would be an awesome 3rd big for Minny. He'd be the rim protector they need.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
where my nikka josh going :to:

Before Josh Smith started his summer vacation, he was asked about the possibility of signing a contract extension with the Hawks. “I can’t get extended,” Smith said. “They didn’t give me the money; I had to go get it. That’s something I have to play it out and see how it goes from there.”

MC: Will you try to sign Josh Smith to an extension? Rick Sund: I’m not going to get into contract stuff. MC: Josh had a great year production-wise but– Sund: I think it was the best year Josh has had, at least in the four years I’ve been here. I’ve said it for the record and I’ll say it again: Irrespective of how the voting came out, he should have been an All-Star. I thought Josh had an absolutely terrific year. He did a great job of making sure, hey, we lost some huge production with [Al] Horford and he picked it up. MC: But his offensive efficiency fell off, and a large part of that is because he’s taking more shots away from the basket and not shooting– Sund: You have to ask those questions to Larry. MC: But from a personnel standpoint, do you think he fits with what Larry is trying to do offensively? Sund: Yes.

MC: Is it your perception Josh is still happy being here with the Hawks? Sund: I’m going to have his exit interview sometime this week. But, yeah, when you read the things of him saying . . . He’s such a competitor. I was talking to his dad the other day, and he mentioned we all think we should be playing, and that’s great. And [Josh] is one of them.

And don’t be surprised if the Warriors make a play for Atlanta forward Josh Smith.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If cap relief is what they want, my team got $15 mil in free money that nobody's gonna take in free agency. shyt, Okafor would be an awesome 3rd big for Minny. He'd be the rim protector they need.

yea I know and that would make the Wolves a better defensive squad as well and a bit deeper too. Also, how are you gonna sort out the PG situation with Rubio still out, and with Ridnour and JJ. Does your squad plan on keeping them both? Also, is Pek gonna be your permanent center for the future? Pek balled out this season and isn't he still on his rookie contract too? ITs a bit weird why Love still didn't get that Max contract. It felt like Love took it a bit personal that he didn't get that and imo is deserving of it as he is already better than a bunch of players that have max contracts that aren't max contract players.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
yea I know and that would make the Wolves a better defensive squad as well and a bit deeper too. Also, how are you gonna sort out the PG situation with Rubio still out, and with Ridnour and JJ. Does your squad plan on keeping them both? Also, is Pek gonna be your permanent center for the future? Pek balled out this season and isn't he still on his rookie contract too? ITs a bit weird why Love still didn't get that Max contract. It felt like Love took it a bit personal that he didn't get that and imo is deserving of it as he is already better than a bunch of players that have max contracts that aren't max contract players.

1. They're both staying because Rubio won't be 100%.

2. Pek should get an extension.

3. Love not getting the max was not weird at all. Him taking the deal he took was weirder. I'm not worried about that, but the window of opportunity to get better fast starts now and expires in about 2.5 years.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
1. They're both staying because Rubio won't be 100%.

2. Pek should get an extension.

3. Love not getting the max was not weird at all. Him taking the deal he took was weirder. I'm not worried about that, but the window of opportunity to get better fast starts now and expires in about 2.5 years.

yea I know Adleman has been campaigning and telling the front office to make some moves now. Which wing player are you or your team most interested in potentially pursuing or getting? I keep hearing Jamal Crawford, but it seems like that deal has been dead since this season's trade deadline.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
lol I guess the Toronto Raptors dream and the plan for there starting line-up is:
PG Nash
SG D-Roze
SF Gay or Iggy
PF Barganani
C Jonas
That would be a really good team imo. If Jonas pans out right, I might be over-hyping them but they can be a 5th seed if not better. But, I'm better damn sure that ain't gonna happen, but if it does it would be :krs: