2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yeah but that Iggy shyt been a rumor for the last 3 years. It aint gon happen. If Memphis wanna give up Gay for Biedrins and the 7th we can talk. I hear the Wolves are already tryna move Williams.

Not that they're trying to move Williams, but attempting to improve the team without trading him is gonna be fukking difficult. I'm advocating moving him simply because he's a PF. Realistically speaking, he'll be back. They're already making summer plans for him. I highly doubt this big move is gonna go down to add more vets here

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yea I know after the pathetic season he just had and also didn't they say he was responsible for creating the rift between the Blazers and McMillan, that led to the team quitting on him and getting him fired?

mcmillan is inept,......so somebody had to expose that goof lame loser.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
wouldn't be surprised if Batum makes bank this off-season from some team like the Bobcats or Raptors offering way too much for him

then his transformation from hopeful to the new oversized version of

raja bell

will finally be complete!!!

the last place batum needs to go is the bobcats or raps.

art barr

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Wait a minute, did that article say the Celtics would sign and trade KG for Gasol???

:wtf:

As far as Batum goes, he'll probably end up with like 4 years 50 million, I don't think he stays with the Blazers.

Somebody will overpay for sure.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I'm extremely interested in what the Celtics do.

Avery Bradley stays.

I could see them resigning Ray and KG at lesser deals and basically turning into the Eastern Conference version of the Spurs spending the extra cash on getting Bass, Jeff Green, and some decent role players in. I know they like CJ Miles a lot. Kris Humphries is someone else they're interested in. They've always wanted Mayo too, he'd probably be an option if they don't resign Ray. If they kept Rondo, Bradley, and Ray, the minutes just wouldn't be there for Mayo compared to the money he'll probably demand.

E'twaun Moore, Steimsma, and Jajuan Johnson are keepers in my opinion.

Plus 20th and 21st draft pick.

Austin Rivers is slipping down the draft boards for some reason, I doubt he slips to 20 though and I think there is still some legit talent with upside at 20 and 21 it's not worth trading both to move up a few picks and get him.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
For the second offseason in a row, Rudy Gay will likely be the subject of trade rumors.

Last summer, Gay’s name repeatedly popped up in trade scenarios after the Memphis Grizzlies advanced to the Conference Semifinals while he was sidelined with a left shoulder injury. While the Grizzlies gauged interest in the small forward, they never seriously considered trading him. The organization wanted to see just how effective the team could be with Gay back in the lineup.

Now, after a disappointing first-round exit to the Los Angeles Clippers in this year’s postseason, the likelihood of a trade involving Gay is much higher. League sources expect Memphis to shop Gay, who is owed $53,666,790 over the next three years. Gay is no longer considered untouchable, and he could be on the move in the next few months if the right offer comes along.

If Gay does become available this summer, there would be no shortage of teams interested in the 25-year-old. The Golden State Warriors, Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets and Orlando Magic are among the teams who would attempt to trade for Gay, according to sources close to the situation.

Several executives believe that Memphis could to move Gay in a cost-cutting move since the team wants to re-sign restricted free agents O.J. Mayo, Marreese Speights and Darrell Arthur after already giving long-term deals to Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Mike Conley.

There are plenty of executives around the league who believe Gay is a very talented player with a high ceiling. He has only been in the league for six years and his game is still developing. While he is owed a lot of money over the next three seasons, that shouldn’t scare teams away since his best basketball is likely ahead of him.

During the 2011-12 regular season, Gay bounced back from shoulder surgery and averaged 19 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.5 steals in 65 games. In the postseason, Gay had similar numbers, averaging 19 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.3 steals.

This summer, Gay will attend Team USA’s training camp in Las Vegas and then he’ll work out in Miami to expand his game. Next season, Gay is determined to have a breakout year and hopes to make the All-Star team for the first time. Whether that happens in Memphis or in another city remains to be seen.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
well we the Lakers would love to have Rudy on our team ASAP lol
Even though he isn't a superstar and gets paid as one, the dude is madd talented. He has the tools, all he has to do is read the manual. Honestly, if I'm the GRizzles wouldn't they want to also try to move Z-Bo too since he gets paid a lot too. It seems like both Rudy and Z-Bo has that Melo & Amare thing going where they are only effective when one of them are on the court rather than together. I hope the Lakers try to do a trade with the Grizz, so we can thank Pau for all he has done for the squad, and have him play the rest of his career with his brother, but all they gotta do is try to give us Z-Bo, Majo, Rudy, and filler. lol but, nah Rudy is still madd young and should have been an all star this year, but was robbed, but I'm sure he is bound to make one.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Put Gay on the dubs and the West is sewed up like a quilt.

Bogut
Lee
Gay
Thompson
Curry

GAME OVER.

Arguably the best starting 5 in the league.