2 years into this generation, how has the Series X's two teraflop lead over the PS5 affected games? Are the "tools" from Microsoft ready yet?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Damn every gen I only copped Sony so I thought that made me a Sony Stan :mjcry:

I wanna get a Series S but am not familiar with X Box exclusives. I like GamePass especially since from what I understand they got older games Sony doesn’t have. I’m torn on this forreal. Plus brehs saying it ain’t worth it because the X is way more powerful.

Can I play X Box 360 games on Series S? Can I download Saints Row 1? :lupe:

I would cop just for that and GamePass.
The series S is a great secondary console if you just wanna get gamepass and catch up on some old stuff.

It just doesn’t do 4K so if you got a really good tv you might want to spend the extra money on the X.

And Yes saints row and a bunch of other classic 360 games are available. I still play a lot of Skate 3 and Fight night to this day.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No nikka, I'm going to sit here and say Immortality, a Xbox game that's mentioned in that article is more of a "mOviE gAmE" than those games from Sony you mentioned.

nikka, it says it in the thumbnail! :dead:

A game having great production values that rivals movie cinematography doesn't make it a "movie game" which would then have to include practically every game sir. This AAA production value shaming shyt only stems from the disgusting lips of Xbots.

You guys love calling anything a movie game as long as it's from Sony but here's a full-blown "movie" game in the most literal sense and you already ironing your cape.

it's disgusting fam, leave that bullshyt in 2022. :scust:

You got it bruh, a LITERALLY movie game vs 3rd person action games that try to be big movie blockbuster games.
A game having great production values that rivals movie cinematography doesn't make it a "movie game" which would then have to include practically every game sir. This AAA production value shaming shyt only stems from the disgusting lips of Xbots.

Here you go again :mjlol:

No one is shaming triple A gaming, however that same "it" that you love about sony studio games is the same "it" that people that play the games say feels like playing a movie.

No one said that about control or Elden ring, or BTOW or Guardians of the galaxy or Avengers.
But when they play Death stranding, or Horizon, Uncharted, or the last of us or Spiderman, or GOW 2018 or GOW rag or GOT you do hear that, I wonder why? I wonder why people will call those "movie games" but not a game like Guardians of the galaxy :jbhmm: I have never heard anyone say Spiderman was a movie game before it dropped on playstation 4 and one of the best spidermans to drop literally was spiderman 2 on PS2 which is based on the movie :mjlol: who they heavily swagger jacked along with Arkham.

Sony has found it's what it does well and it does it better than anyone else and they shouldn't stop :manny: They are the only ones making those kind of games and they are all HQ and great and needed.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got it bruh, a LITERALLY movie game vs 3rd person action games that try to be big movie blockbuster games.

Here you go again :mjlol:

No one is shaming triple A gaming, however that same "it" that you love about sony studio ga games is the same "it" that people that play the games say feels like playing a movie.

No one said that about control or Elden ring, or BTOW or Guardians of the galaxy or Avengers.
But when they play Death stranding, or Horizon, Uncharted, or the last of us or Spiderman, or GOW 2018 or GOW rag or GOT you do hear that, I wonder why? I wonder why people will call those "movie games" but not a game like Guardians of the galaxy :jbhmm: I have never heard anyone say Spiderman was a movie game before it dropped on playstation and one of the best spidermans to drop literally was spiderman 2 on PS2 which is based on the movie :mjlol: and who they heavily swagger jacked along with Arkham.

Sony has found it's what it does well and it does it better than anyone else and they shouldn't stop :manny: They are the only ones making those kind of games and they are all HQ and great and needed.
Bullshyt.

why would someone call a game like Elden Ring or BOTW a movie game? There's hardly any cutscenes in them! :dahell:

but then to call a game like Horizon Zero Dawn a movie game but not Assassin's Creed?
God of War a movie game but not A Plague's tale?

Days Gone being called a movie game is funny, seeing as how that game is clunky and seems to be more of a open world zombie like shooter.

Nobody called Spider-Man 2 on PS2 a movie game because moronic Xbots like you and Meach didn't exist yet and Spider-Man 2 on PS2? PS3 was the era where that movie like quality was brought to the story telling in games with shyt like Uncharted 2.

Again, nothing wrong with having high quality cinematics or production values in a game but calling it a movie to downplay it and claim that it has shallow gameplay or that it's not fun to play is just straight up stupidity. I played Uncharted 2 campaign over 7 times not because I loved the story so much but that it was "fun" to play.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bullshyt.

why would someone call a game like Elden Ring or BOTW a movie game? There's hardly any cutscenes in them! :dahell:

but then to call a game like Horizon Zero Dawn a movie game but not Assassin's Creed?

Days Gone being called a movie game is funny, seeing as how that game is clunky and seems to be more of a open world zombie like shooter.

Nobody called Spider-Man 2 on PS2 a movie game because moronic Xbots like you and Meach didn't exist yet and Spider-Man 2 on PS2? PS3 was the era where that movie like quality was brought to the story telling in games with shyt like Uncharted 2.

Again, nothing wrong with having high quality cinematics or production values in a game but calling it a movie to downplay it and claim that it has shallow gameplay or that it's not fun to play is just straight up stupidity. I played Uncharted 2 campaign over 7 times not because I loved the story so much but that it was "fun" to play.

The movie game argument is all they got left to combat the narrative around xbox lack of AAA.

They will sit there and talk about watching actual movies in games and then turn around and complain about cutscenes. Or gas games like Pentiment that actually have very little gameplay and its mostly just about reading and clicking dialogue options.

Can’t make it up at this point, no reason to

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bullshyt.

The best part is you assuming that xbox players are the only ones referring to playstations games as of late as movie games.
But the casual players are the main one say playstation games are like playing in movies. That's not even a bad thing mostly, it's just not everyone enjoys those kinda experiences with there games over and over again.

Unless the story is top notch those kind of games lose my interest quick because of how they try to capture the cinematic movie experience but tend to lack in the gameplay and factor experience or even went they nail they fun factor experience they drag out the story and cinematic experience so much it's not even fun.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL feelings on those kind of game. When they hit they hit but when they miss i'm just completely uninterested.

But yeah being a movie game isn't even a bad thing overall, it's a good thing. It just usually lacks a fun factor for me that I can tell has been sacrificed usually for a more cinematic experience and it bothers me.

Also you trying to tell someone what should be fun or if gameplay is shallow or not is the stupidity
Being fun is completely objective based, being shallow not so much but there is nothing deep about the gameplay of most of these titles, which is also fine.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The best part is you assuming that xbox players are the only ones referring to playstations games as of late as movie games.
But the casual players are the main one say playstation games are like playing in movies. That's not even a bad thing mostly, it's just not everyone enjoys those kinda experiences with there games over and over again.

Unless the story is top notch those kind of games lose my interest quick because of how they try to capture the cinematic movie experience but tend to lack in the gameplay and factor experience or even went they nail they fun factor experience they drag out the story and cinematic experience so much it's not even fun.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL feelings on those kind of game. When they hit they hit but when they miss i'm just completely uninterested.

But yeah being a movie game isn't even a bad thing overall, it's a good thing. It just usually lacks a fun factor for me that I can tell has been sacrificed usually for a more cinematic experience and it bothers me.

Also you trying to tell someone what should be fun or if gameplay is shallow or not is the stupidity
Being fun is completely objective based, being shallow not so much but there is nothing deep about the gameplay of most of these titles, which is also fine.
if I had a dollar for each back handed compliment you've given a Sony game, I'd have f u money.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Developers focused on parity last gen and literally damn near never used that additional 2 teraflops on the Xbox One X.

Why should they focus on something that is getting mollywhopped sales wise? For what? If Xbox had exclusives worth a damn, that should have been used to showcase the X1X.

Their own incompetence.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if I had a dollar for each back handed compliment you've given a Sony game, I'd have f u money.
Need to update this @Rekkapryde @Fatboi1 @Khalil's_Black_Excellence

GOW 2018 (in the ragnarok thread tried to claim this is one of his favorite game btw)
:ehh:

Seems like the hype has died down already and now people are just kind of:yeshrug: on it. Not that it's a bad game but its not a 10 out of 10. I dont even see it in my social media streams like I did say a horzion or uncharted none stop for months.

I got a couple huge gow fans in my circle and they all have a couple hang ups from the combat to the camera and then some. I havent started it yet, but i've always been more interested in the plot than the action so it sounds like I'll be good.

Rift Apart

Stop

Ratchet is literally the same game 15 times over

Ghost of Tsushima (claimed this is one of his favorite playstation games also)
a new one already is not something I'm hyped for when I know it's going to be GOT all over again with like one or two mechanics a few different style enemies and the same run around the map stuff.

I'll definitely play it and give it a shot, but it'll probably fall in the category of repetitive sequels. Granted most games do for me. But something about open world games that do it that really stand out and ruin the experience for me.

I hope I'm wrong though and they change things up significantly with combat at least.

TLOU2 (said he loved TLOU2)

they butchered the characters and story.

It's not irremediable but I'm not hype for another TLOuS like I was after PT 1

Returnal
Nah, it's wishes it was as good as close to being Metroid.

There is nothing remarkable or even really great about the game.

The story is interesting, but the gameplay and map design not so much.

Returnal is a rogue like with some Metroidvania sprinkled in. It does neither particularly outstanding.

Forspoken

Ryse>>>Forspoken

Horizon
Oh so I can openly criticized horizon now I remember mentioning it was overrated and got hit with the

Stan accusations

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why should they focus on something that is getting mollywhopped sales wise? For what? If Xbox had exclusives worth a damn, that should have been used to showcase the X1X.

Their own incompetence.
That wouldn't happen. IMO.
No one is willing to commit to anything that won't work across all platforms.
Every single developer/publisher has seemingly committed to parity as much as possible even when it makes
no sense to do so.
Ps5/Series X are vastly more powerful than Xbone/Ps4 yet they rarely if ever get special Next Gen versions
of titles like Ps360 did.

That time is long past and will likely never exist again.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

GOW 2018 (in the ragnarok thread tried to claim this is one of his favorite game btw)

Rift Apart

Returnal

Forspoken

Horizon
I'm telling you, the dude isn't fooling anyone but newbies on here. Dude is a full fledged foaming at the mouth rabbid stan who bores you with irrelevant opinions. Doesn't even make coherent arguments, just rattles on and on with the same tired "gameplay doesn't hold me" points. A few other wanna-be stans start to mimic this and they all end up sounding the same.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm telling you, the dude isn't fooling anyone but newbies on here. Dude is a full fledged foaming at the mouth rabbid stan who bores you with irrelevant opinions. Doesn't even make coherent arguments, just rattles on and on with the same tired "gameplay doesn't hold me" point. A few other wanna be stans start to mimic this and they all end up sounding the same.

Its funny cause for some reason they think we don’t see right through it lol

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Rift Apart

Returnal

Forspoken

Horizon
You trying to hard fam
At least I hope you are, otherwise :francis:

Posting a troll thread from the bushes, that got bushed because it was a parody thread on GOW

Postin me responding to this comment about Ratchet

People don’t really burn out on games, more like the games become boring and uninteresting. Gears of war is a good example. 1&2 were very good but they’ve become very boring as the series has gone on.
Ratchet is a very fun series and this one is the bear yet in my opinion.

Posting a quote from the GOT Director's cut edition, thread then EDITING the 1st part of my post to fit your narrative.

GOT was amazing and one of my favorite games, a new one already is not something I'm hyped for when I know it's going to be GOT all over again with like one or two mechanics a few different style enemies and the same run around the map stuff.

I'll definitely play it and give it a shot, but it'll probably fall in the category of repetitive sequels. Granted most games do for me. But something about open world games that do it that really stand out and ruin the experience for me.

I hope I'm wrong though and they change things up significantly with combat at least.

Here you are doing the same thing again with TLOU2

I love the experience of the game but they butchered the characters and story.

It's not irremediable but I'm not hype for another TLOuS like I was after PT 1

I didn't like returnal at all so it doesn't really matter but even with that I was responding to someone else

Returnal is essentially a 3rd person Metroid Prime bruh.

:mjlol:@ Ryse greater than forspoken a unreleased game

Agreeing with others when they say Horizon was overrated getting quoted. I've actually talked down on horizon probably the worst out of any game, you could have found something better than that. Seems like people are tho:jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stanley-Steemer-LOGO.png

:ohhh:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
"ItS a MoViE gAmE!"

I assume you geeks are only playing solitaire & Pacman? Rhetorical question. Yall loved Ryse.:dead:

The absurdity of suggesting games like Spider-Man or Horizon (which combined offer up 100+ hours of GAMEPLAY) is a theatrical experience is borderline second hand embarrassing. Dudes have literally become so exhausted and desperate that they've resorted to gaslighting in what's essentially a plea for Sony to take their foot off the gas pedal and give them a chance to catch up.

:dead: