2 years into this generation, how has the Series X's two teraflop lead over the PS5 affected games? Are the "tools" from Microsoft ready yet?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Different doesn’t mean “better”. You’re insane if you think this is better than typical action games. The point is the game is riddled with constant cutscenes interrupting the flow of the game. This is VERY problematic for what I assume to be a short game.

You ignored everything else I said with irrelevant babbling to cope with what the facts I presented.

Sounds like my kind of game :ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you don't like this, I got bad news for you, you'll hate sony 1st party games :francis:
I said nothing about not "liking" this game. I just said I find it funny how the same asinine critiques some of you guys drum up when downplaying Sony 1st party games are suddenly not an issue here yet it's even more egregious when playing. I mean the first level alone felt like it was 60% cutscene>quick 1 minute battle>scene. The moments in between battles are basically scripted scenes to move the level along. It got to a point where I debated just casting a let's play on the TV and kicking back and eating popcorn.

There's zero challenge moving around the level and the controls feel a bit drunk.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Being an Xbox fan parallels being a Detroit Lions fan. Mostly dark times but some years when the team seemed good on paper fans would be like this gonna be our year. Those years would have the team either stumble into the playoffs and lose in the wildcard game or have Green Bay style on them and not make it at all. Even if a Lions fan talked shyt you knew it was coming from a place of hope rather than confidence.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
judge a game by the tutorial brehs :snoop:
DId you even read, I'm past the tutorial. I'm already on the second stage. The game is basically House of the dead and Shenmue but with rhythm. It's also trying to bite Persona 5's style hard. All in all the game is a saturday morning cartoon, I need a PB&J to complete.

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Being an Xbox fan parallels being a Detroit Lions fan. Mostly dark times but some years when the team seemed good on paper fans would be like this gonna be our year. Those years would have the team either stumble into the playoffs and lose in the wildcard game or have Green Bay style on them and not make it at all. Even if a Lions fan talked shyt you knew it was coming from a place of hope rather than confidence.
Breh, I swear there's two people posting on your account because 6 months ago you were insistent that Game Pass was gonna steamroll Sony and that Microsoft was gonna buy up Sony with change under the couch cushions in Nadella's office

Care to clarify?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
DId you even read, I'm past the tutorial. I'm already on the second stage. The game is basically House of the dead and Shenmue but with rhythm. It's also trying to bite Persona 5's style hard. All in all the game is a saturday morning cartoon, I need a PB&J to complete.
the majority of the first level is the tutorial, and everything right after is super easy. but the later levels get much harder, as more combo's and mechanics are introduced, and timing becomes more important

it's really not even my type of game, but it is not what you're trying to make it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the majority of the first level is the tutorial, and everything right after is super easy. but the later levels get much harder, as more combo's and mechanics are introduced, and timing becomes more important

it's really not even my type of game, but it is not what you're trying to make it
I'm sure it gets harder but I'm saying, the constant cutscenes, QTES and linear, "scripted" navigation make the game an "offender" of the same things the resident Xbot fangirls stay whining about when it comes to other games conveniently only from $OOny. Seeing someone complain about cutscenes and so called "player agency" being lesser in God of War but silent on this is just jarring.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm sure it gets harder but I'm saying, the constant cutscenes, QTES and simple navigation make the game an "offender" of the same things the resident Xbot fangirls stay whining about when it comes to other games conveniently only from SOOny.

Seems like a tried and true method for game success :patrice:

Maybe those xbots just didnt know what they were missing. Or maybe they enjoy it in the flavor of a kids cartoons (psychonauts 2)

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I swear there's two people posting on your account because 6 months ago you were insistent that Game Pass was gonna steamroll Sony and that Microsoft was gonna buy up Sony with change under the couch cushions in Nadella's office

Care to clarify?

Man, either Meach or Titan pissed him off a few weeks ago, and he's been on the warpath ever since. :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm sure it gets harder but I'm saying, the constant cutscenes, QTES and linear, "scripted" navigation make the game an "offender" of the same things the resident Xbot fangirls stay whining about when it comes to other games conveniently only from $OOny. Seeing someone complain about cutscenes and so called "player agency" being lesser in God of War but silent on this is just jarring.

that's why i just laugh.