2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
let me explain how this occurred. you are some what on to something witht he nike campaign. but they just played on what was already there. but lets start off by saying it had zero to do with bron or kobe.

because bron was a media creation. he was Espn's baby. they never had a chance to or were brave enough to follow a high school kid around like that. Kobe and KG were ballers, but they were not like bron fresh out. maybe kobe would've put up the numbers if he was on a bad team not sitting behind allstars. but bron was a mature team player who couldnt be stopped if he chose to score due to his size, strength, agility and handle with both hands. not that he was better than kobe. but he was more mature as a TEAM guy than most players because he was born as a team guy, thats who he is, kobe and most guys are born scorers that either have to learn how to move the ball well, or they do a good job of both. so lets move on from there.

so basically espn hitched themselves to the perfect wagon in bron. they said he was the truth, and he actually was.
remember nike still kept kobe under contract after the eagle, Co incident. but they kept pretty much all ad campaigns quiet when it came to him and his shoes for years after. until they felt the coast was clear to push him again (Kobe system...etc.)

this is during the change form #8 to #24. that was also about re-branding him post colorado. he wanted a fresh change, and so did nike and all his advertisers including the nba.

There's two things going on with the nba in regards to kobe. Think about this, kobe is a black guy, that was partially raised in Philly and Italy. He speaks 3 languages, italian, english, and spanish. America has a ton of spanish and obviously english speakers. the world has a TON of spanish and english speakers. why on earth would you not push kobe out there as the #1 ambassador of the nba? You should have. but they couldnt after the eagle, co incident.

In addition, because of what david stern learned about having only one mega star in jordan and only promoting that guy when he leaves/retires, your league will suffer for awhile. so the nba knew, never attach all of your horses to one wagon. so they had to get rid of Kobe quick. they were trying to bury him and say he was old before he was actually old. they were trying to give it to bron, and then they started trying to give it to curry and KD shortly after. They dont want any one player to hold that mega star status and only promote that person for fear when that person retires it will take years to replace him. so keep the thing moving and everyone will like the league in general . thats the idea.

So add it all up, the nba doesnt want to be stuck with one main guy, hence bron is better that kobe talk even when it wasnt true

the nba/nike doesnt want to promote eagle, co kobe ....lets push bron harder for now.

ESPN the main network, basically raised bron on the media side of things since high school. thats their baby. Bron is better than Kobe.
giphy.gif

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:upsetfavre:I don't feel like talking about Kobe/Lebron but

let me explain how this occurred. you are some what on to something witht he nike campaign. but they just played on what was already there. but lets start off by saying it had zero to do with bron or kobe.

because bron was a media creation. he was Espn's baby. they never had a chance to or were brave enough to follow a high school kid around like that. Kobe and KG were ballers, but they were not like bron fresh out. maybe kobe would've put up the numbers if he was on a bad team not sitting behind allstars. but bron was a mature team player who couldnt be stopped if he chose to score due to his size, strength, agility and handle with both hands. not that he was better than kobe. but he was more mature as a TEAM guy than most players because he was born as a team guy, thats who he is, kobe and most guys are born scorers that either have to learn how to move the ball well, or they do a good job of both. so lets move on from there.

so basically espn hitched themselves to the perfect wagon in bron. they said he was the truth, and he actually was.
remember nike still kept kobe under contract after the eagle, Co incident. but they kept pretty much all ad campaigns quiet when it came to him and his shoes for years after. until they felt the coast was clear to push him again (Kobe system...etc.)

this is during the change form #8 to #24. that was also about re-branding him post colorado. he wanted a fresh change, and so did nike and all his advertisers including the nba.

There's two things going on with the nba in regards to kobe. Think about this, kobe is a black guy, that was partially raised in Philly and Italy. He speaks 3 languages, italian, english, and spanish. America has a ton of spanish and obviously english speakers. the world has a TON of spanish and english speakers. why on earth would you not push kobe out there as the #1 ambassador of the nba? You should have. but they couldnt after the eagle, co incident.

In addition, because of what david stern learned about having only one mega star in jordan and only promoting that guy when he leaves/retires, your league will suffer for awhile. so the nba knew, never attach all of your horses to one wagon. so they had to get rid of Kobe quick. they were trying to bury him and say he was old before he was actually old. they were trying to give it to bron, and then they started trying to give it to curry and KD shortly after. They dont want any one player to hold that mega star status and only promote that person for fear when that person retires it will take years to replace him. so keep the thing moving and everyone will like the league in general . thats the idea.

So add it all up, the nba doesnt want to be stuck with one main guy, hence bron is better that kobe talk even when it wasnt true

the nba/nike doesnt want to promote eagle, co kobe ....lets push bron harder for now.

ESPN the main network, basically raised bron on the media side of things since high school. thats their baby. Bron is better than Kobe.

loaded with BS:russ:

Kobe was never as marketable as Lebron even before the rape case. Kobe's shoes never sold and he never had the endorsement offers of Lebron. The entire Kobe/Lebron thing started from insecure Kobe fans. If you don't believe me, go take a look at the lakersground archives. Kobe stans, even before Lebron came along, used to hate; Iverson, Vince Carter, and T-mac. Later they would hate D-Wade and even CP3. Basically anyone who was seen as comp/better than Kobe. It was only a matter of time before they would hate Lebron because he was better out of highschool, and then ran off a string of 4 mvps in a 5 year span. Lebron fans never looked at Kobe as comp. It was always the ghost of Jordan that he chased, in their eyes.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Kobe was never as marketable as Lebron even before the rape case. Kobe's shoes never sold and he never had the endorsement offers of Lebron. The entire Kobe/Lebron thing started from insecure Kobe fans. If you don't believe me, go take a look at the lakersground archives. Kobe stans, even before Lebron came along, used to hate; Iverson, Vince Carter, and T-mac. Later they would hate D-Wade and even CP3. Basically anyone who was seen as comp/better than Kobe. It was only a matter of time before they would hate Lebron because he was better out of highschool, and then ran off a string of 4 mvps in a 5 year span. Lebron fans never looked at Kobe as comp. It was always the ghost of Jordan that he chased, in their eyes.
waterboy-smile.gif

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Revionist history :mjlol:Cavs vs Lakers were everyone favorites in the east/west and that was the center of the Kobe vs Lebron battle, along with them being 2 of the best players in the league at time.

Even Lebron out his own mouth he failed by not making the finals and competing aganist Kobe

I’ll wait for you to deny this so I can post the 100 of links including the commercials they even had

Let me guess, “insecure Kobe stans” made those commercials right?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Revionist history :mjlol:Cavs vs Lakers were everyone favorites in the east/west and that was the center of the Kobe vs Lebron battle, along with them being 2 of the best players in the league at time.

cavs were never a title contending team before 2008/2009

Even Lebron out his own mouth he failed by not making the finals and competing aganist Kobe

I’ll wait for you to deny this so I can post the 100 of links including the commercials they even had

Let me guess, “insecure Kobe stans” made those commercials right?

You realize that was 2009? Lebron was already in the league for 6 years at that point. Kobe stans had been insecure about lebron since he came out of highschool

and beasting right away;

years prior to Lebron getting his first mvp (the year cavs became title contenders)

we all know what this is about

kobe stans on lebron

Why Kobe Bryant Fans Don’t Like LeBron James

Mychal Thompson, a former power forward who won two championships with the “Showtime”-era Lakers of the late 1980s, said he understood why so many fans still hold Bryant in such high regard.

“Oh, that’s easy, man: his passion, his competitiveness and his desire to win,” Thompson said in a telephone interview. “He gave fans every ounce he had. Kobe would never take a night off. And if you asked him if he wanted to rest, he would look at you like you’re crazy.”

Thompson was less understanding about the anti-LeBron sentiment in at least one corner of the Lakers fan base. That segment, Thompson said, seems to be afraid that James is supplanting Bryant on the list of all-time greats — assuming, of course, that he has not already. Many fans want to preserve Bryant’s legacy as much as possible.

Ice Cube (a kobe stan) even called Kobe stans (noticed he didn't call out lakers fans) out on it

Ice Cube doesn't get it. The legendary West Coast rapper is a diehard Lakers fan and a proud Kobe Bryant stan. He loved that the Black Mamba accepted all challenges and was a proven winner.

But with the arrival of LeBron James to Los Angeles, Ice Cube is confused why some Kobe stans haven't welcomed James with open arms.

"Kobe ain't playing, but even if Kobe was on the team, I'd be happy," Ice Cube, the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of the BIG3, told Bleacher Report. "Who wouldn't be happy with a player like LeBron? Even diehard Kobe fans, it's silly to not be happy that we have another great player on the Lakers that can probably win us a championship."

ore. He's with us. I think we just need to act like it."

But there are Kobe stans who are reluctant to accept the best player in the game. That's become evident since The King decided to take his talents to Southern California earlier this month. Even though Kobe retired two years ago, his aggressive cult following hasn't forgotten about the days when LeBron and Kobe fans argued about who was the best player in the world.

"With Kobe stans, there's a level of disrespect they get in a general setting," says Juanita Anderson, a Southern California native whose Twitter handle is @intrepid_heroin. "Like, he never shot over 47 percent, so they'll just disrespect everything he's done in his career. I wouldn't consider myself a Kobe stan, but there are certain situations where I'll be like, ‘Now wait, hold up. You gotta respect the man.' For Kobe stans, that's, like, all the time. No matter what, they've got this fake rivalry in their heads that he has with LeBron, which I'll never understand."

his hostile energy on both sides manifested itself on the streets of Southern California when Kobe stans vandalized a LeBron mural in Venice that read "The King of LA." Jonas Never, a Lakers fan who created the art installation and also made a mural honoring Bryant's retirement in 2016, wanted to capture the city's energy with the mural and play off James' nickname. He initially wanted to write "King" and "LABron" on the mural, but there wasn't enough room for LABron. He kept "King" and used the "LA" team logo. However, there was still some empty space.

As a crowd gathered, a spectator suggested that Never incorporate the word "of" so that it read "King of LA." He liked the suggestion and didn't think much of it thereafter. Never and his team were eating lunch when the mural was posted on social media. He quickly realized how sensitive Kobe stans were of that phrasing.

"We could've done something cheesy, like, ‘Welcome to LA, LeBron,' and done it like a postcard. But I didn't really want that," Never says. "I've lived here my whole life, and watching how the Lakers fell apart during Kobe's last years and having no excitement with the team except for when LaVar Ball would say something stupid, I was happy that the Laker energy was changing. I just can't really imagine Juventus fans talking s--t about getting Ronaldo. The fact that a franchise that has been mediocre is upset about getting the best player in the game right now, you might not be happy about the wording, but you should be happy about the situation."

The experience has changed the way Never views Lakers fans and Kobe stans.

"I thought being a Laker fan was bigger than being a Kobe fan, and I was 100 percent wrong," Never says. "I did not see that coming at all. People are still upset LeBron is here. People don't want LeBron. It's not everyone, but there's a good portion that doesn't want him on the team tarnishing Kobe's legacy. I keep reading people say, ‘Oh, he's just here to get into movies. He's just here to hang out with celebrities.' And they might be right, but he's still way more helpful than most of the [free agents] out there."

Ice Cube didn't like the thought of a James mural installed so quickly, nor was he a fan of using "King of LA," but he hated that fans had the audacity to damage the artwork.

"I'd wait until he wins something to be putting murals up," Ice Cube says. "But the fact that it was already up and somebody came and vandalized the art, that's bulls--t. I'm never going to be down with that. That's a punk move, like somebody scratching your car."

Ice Cube Welcomes LeBron to LA, but Not All Kobe Fans Feel the Same Way

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeeeeeah I think that’s enough of The Who was hated more pissing contest. Let’s all acknowledge that we now understand what put us against one another and continue to embrace our common ground of wanting a championship this season. :ld:

we need to beat that hoe chris paul and finish what BI started

Rondo playing tonight huh? He can throw some practice punches in before putting bev in his place Christmas Day. :birdman:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
OKC playing good although they're record may not show it. Gotta come out the gate strong especially with them coming off a back to back

Status
Not open for further replies.