2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
unfortunately I don’t think he can be close to contributing the way Lou will can carry second unit. We really need iggy or another playmaker
Lou is way more experienced tho..he’s a legit starter/number two option on offense. Kuz is still young, man..once Bron is gone in a few years, he and AD could be y’all core (maybe with another star), I truly believe that

Lou on this current Lakers team tho, woulda been unfair

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Lou is way more experienced tho..he’s a legit starter/number two option on offense. Kuz is still young, man..once Bron is gone in a few years, he and AD could be y’all core (maybe with another star), I truly believe that

Lou on this current Lakers team tho, woulda been unfair

kuzma could never be like lou because Kuz isn't really an iso player. Kuzma is better utilized playing off the ball.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Was a bullet dodged missing out on kawhi? 3rd straight game missed with a knee issue , on top of being load managed every back-back, not even a month into the season :patrice:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

This is what a real coach looks like :wow:

It's been the most underrated part of the season so far. Of course, when a team is winning, drama and conflict is usually at a minimum, but there hasn't been a peep about any discontent with the players or coaching staff (even that snake Kidd). Whatever Vogel is doing, everybody seems to be happy right now.

There's been no loafing on the court, most notably LeBron. Considering how much he dogged it last year, this is pretty remarkable. I know the team is loaded but Vogel deserves a lot of credit for how smoothly everything's been going.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
rondo + lebron so far have been a huge net positive

PSdwPhj.png

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I honestly don’t know how the Kobe vs lebron thing even started, lebron 7 years younger then Kobe and they never faced in the playoffs
I don’t know either.

The famous adidas ABCD camp where Lenny Cooke challenged Kobe to a 1-on-1 and LeBron worked Lenny and passed him was in 2001. LeBron was a 16 year old high school junior meanwhile Kobe was pretty much a young veteran at that point with All-Star and titles under his belt. Those kids at that camp were looking up to Kobe which should tell you everything.

I think the Nike MVP Puppets commercial is really what started it with LeBron taking over the league in Kobe’s relative extended prime is what led to it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don’t know either.

The famous adidas ABCD camp where Lenny Cooke challenged Kobe to a 1-on-1 and LeBron worked Lenny and passed him was in 2001. LeBron was a 16 year old high school junior meanwhile Kobe was pretty much a young veteran at that point with All-Star and titles under his belt. Those kids at that camp were looking up to Kobe which should tell you everything.

I think the Nike MVP Puppets commercial is really what started it with LeBron taking over the league in Kobe’s relative extended prime is what led to it.
The issue was always that LeBron was anointed the moment he was drafted and ESPN (along with most NBA media) spent the last 16+ years fawning over him while being critical of any shortcoming Kobe had and never fully giving him any credit for his accomplishments. He finished 4th in 2006 MVP voting for godsakes.

It was a resentment that our guy didn't get the respect he deserved while the other guy got nothing but praise.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The issue was always that LeBron was anointed the moment he was drafted and ESPN (along with most NBA media) spent the last 16+ years fawning over him while being critical of any shortcoming Kobe had and never fully giving him any credit for his accomplishments. He finished 4th in 2006 MVP voting for godsakes.

It was a resentment that our guy didn't get the respect he deserved while the other guy got nothing but praise.
LeBron has been the most scrutinized player in that period as well with detractors since high school.

Kobe while he got some shyt also had certain media members who dikkrode tf out of him and by that ‘08-‘10 stretch I don’t recall him getting much hate.

Kobe wasn’t hated as much as LeBron, especially LeBron in the Decision era. LeBron brought an irrational hatred that I didn’t see Kobe get.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
LeBron has been the most scrutinized player in that period as well with detractors since high school.

Kobe while he got some shyt also had certain media members who dikkrode tf out of him and by that ‘08-‘10 stretch I don’t recall him getting much hate.

Kobe wasn’t hated as much as LeBron, especially LeBron in the Decision era. LeBron brought an irrational hatred that I didn’t see Kobe get.
This is straight fairy tales besides LeBron's Decision year.

It was always funny that LeBron straight Jay-Z'd that "taking my talents" line from Kobe's NBA Draft announcement.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This is straight fairy tales besides LeBron's Decision year.

It was always funny that LeBron straight Jay-Z'd that "taking my talents" line from Kobe's NBA Draft announcement.
Idk man I vividly remember people saying fukk LeBron. LeBron suck my dikk. People literally rooting for him to fail even pre-Decision.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Bron vs Kobe started before the puppets. That was in like the spring of 2009, right? nikkas was arguing Kobe vs Bron before that IRL and online. It started after what Bron did to the Pistons in 2007. Thats when people started saying Bron > Kobe, and Kobe stans were on the frontlines

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The decision year Bron was hated, but Colorado year Kobe was really hated. Overall Bron has had more praise and more scrutiny than Kobe but peak hate probably goes to Kobe. Bron had sports "burn a jersey" hate mixed with the usual MAGA hate. Kobe had "did he r@pe a white girl?" hate from MAGAs.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Was a bullet dodged missing out on kawhi? 3rd straight game missed with a knee issue , on top of being load managed every back-back, not even a month into the season :patrice:
I believe the possibility. So who would the Lakers not have if they signed Kawhi? Definitely no Danny Green and KCP...who else was too expensive? I can see them struggling way more than the Clips on the non-Kawhi days with how thin that roster would have been.

That has no relation to reality. LeBron got criticism from the very beginning - there were media who said that he was overhyped when he was drafted, who said that Carmelo was a better player their rookie year. When he went to the 2004 Olympics and didn't get playing time for shyt because Larry Brown never plays young guys there were giant book-length "exposes" by mainstream media like Woj talking about what a terrible selfish young man he was and basically blaming him for Team USA's underperformance when he never even got a chance. He was criticized for getting swept in San Antonio when he was just 22yo and fukking Boobie Gibson was his #2 option. When he lost to Orlando in 2009 there was criticism, even though he averaged 40-8-8 and hit a game-winner people said it was his fault there was no Kobe-LeBron matchup and began claiming that he was just a regular season player who put up stats but couldn't win games in the playoffs. When he lost to Boston in 2010 there was massive media firestorm, crazy conspiracy theories, people ridiculously claimed he was a "quitter", etc.

And that's even before The Decision and then Dallas, the combination of which was easily the most media hate any basketball player has ever received in a single year. Kobe's rape year wasn't close - he got scrutiny but the total media volume wasn't CLOSE to as much as it was for The Decision year, and when he utterly failed in Detroit the main media narrative was that "the Lakers" had failed and the whole team got shyt on, while when LeBron failed in Dallas practically the entire weight of it got put on him alone.

And don't even talk about 2006 MVP, volume shooters on 7-seeds weren't getting MVP votes like that. :mjlol:

You're right that Bron got a lot more hype coming out of high school. But LeBron was legitimately that good coming out of high school. He stepped onto an NBA court as an 18yo in his first game out of high school and was immediately the best player on the court. No one had ever done that before, that was insane. I can get how there was resentment because of how much hype he was getting, but in retrospect how can you not say that he was deserving every bit of that hype? It took 3-4 years for Kobe to become the guy that LeBron was straight out of the gate, you gotta give him credit for that.

You want a real comparison, how about the fact that LeBron going 20-5-5 and looking like the best player on the court most nights his rookie season still couldn't even make the All-Star game while Kobe averaging 15-3-2 on 42% shooting and not even cracking his own team's starting lineup was an All-Star game STARTER. :childplease:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm taking so much pleasure in the Spurs and Blazers being dog shyt this year
Why you gotta be that way, Blazers ain't never done anything to hurt nobody man. :mjcry:

He finished 4th in 2006 MVP voting for godsakes.
Just for historical comparison, here are the top ten scoring seasons in NBA history.

50.4 Wilt - no MVP
44.8 Wilt - no MVP
39.5 Harden - right now better not get fukking MVP
38.4 Wilt - no MVP
37.6 Wilt - MVP
37.1 Jordan - no MVP
36.9 Wilt - no MVP
36.1 Harden - no MVP
35.6 Rick Barry - no MVP
35.4 Kobe - no MVP

Only ONE of the top ten scoring seasons in NBA history led to an MVP. Kobestans bytching about that as if it was some media bias are historically clueless. Wilt couldn't even pull an MVP averaging 50 and 26 on 51% shooting for a 49-win team that nearly made the Finals, and you think Kobe automatically deserves it going 35 and 5 on 45% shooting for a 45 win team that couldn't make it out of the first round?

Status
Not open for further replies.