2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Look at this clown ignoring the awful post I quoted, LeMAGA's intellectual dishonesty never ceases to amaze :mjlol:

He said that Steph pouted for a few seconds when he missed out on Finals MVP for the third time. I don't know if it's true or not, probably not but I really don't care. Am I obliged to respond to every damn thing anyone says here? I don't even read 2/3 the comments in this thread.

You were claiming LeBron threw the last three games when he was still trying to get his first title ever.

You don't get the world of difference between someone pouting for a few seconds and someone throwing a title? And you wanna talk about intellectual dishonesty? :dwillhuh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We need Iggy. We're a good team without him but he solidifies our chances

He's at that age and decline rate where he might be a boost or he might not really make a difference (only shot 31% from three the last two years and he turns 36 in two months). You definitely take your chances and acquire him if you can, but I wouldn't give up a rotation player for him unless it's someone that you already don't care about.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
He's at that age and decline rate where he might be a boost or he might not really make a difference. You definitely take your chances and acquire him if you can though.
I think we're already taking a chance with AD and Lebron. Iggy can be a leader on the team and i'd put money on him to hit a shot when it matters.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think we're already taking a chance with AD and Lebron. Iggy can be a leader on the team and i'd put money on him to hit a shot when it matters.
Crunch-time lineup with LeBron running the plays:

Bradley vs. Lou Will
Green vs. Shamet
Iggy vs. Kawhi
LeBron vs. PG13
AD vs. Zubac

Interesting thought, eh? Lakers scoring in the frontcourt and Clippers scoring on the perimeter, both teams loaded with perimeter defenders but the Lakers better inside, Clippers threats a little better balanced but that AD vs. Zubac matchup looms large. But it only works if Iggy still has the athleticism to keep up as an elite defender. I remember when Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Shane Battier reached that age and the drop-off was enormous. If Iggy is only hitting 30% of his threes and can't keep up with Kawhi, then it's tough to say that he'd be a difference-maker.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
The only players I would advocate cutting is either Rondo or McGee and those dudes would never be cut.

Would be foolish to cut anyone that could shoot even if they are underperforming right now.

McGee has been giving up a lot of easy rebounds where he just hasn't been putting the effort in but he still brings something to the team.

There really isn't anything as exciting as Lakers basketball. Always makes me laugh how LA of all places has some of the most lit fans despite the perception of Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.